Etsy asked for my ID - Page 3 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Etsy Discussions

Etsy Discussions Etsy Forums. General discussions on Etsy, direct checkout, account suspensions, suspended, banned and more.

Old 11-07-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 31%
Default Re: Etsy asked for my ID

Perfect thank you!. The whole process is new to me until 2 days ago I never heard of a VCC. It took me ages to find out what the abbreviation meant

I completely understand where you come from, you guys are here to discuss issues, ideas and are not here to tutor us.

I am very grateful for your time and reply, it is very much appriciated!.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-07-2018

Cool Re: Etsy asked for my ID

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSH View Post
I have the VCC side of things covered. That is not the issue, the issue I have recently been made aware of is this verification process that is being put onto sellers. Obviously people are not using real names for stealth accounts otherwise we would just all be able to pop up shops instantly after they get shut down. The issue people are having is that how do you provide ID verification for ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name. Its obviously do-able as people have stealth accounts up and running and have made it through the verification process.

Is it the obvious option using photoshop, or is there an alternative option?. As far as I can see this is not discussed in public forums and gladiator was happy to help people through private DM's, which was very kind of him/her. The issue is its impossible to trial and error if you don't know the possible options to trial..

I have studied a good bit into this and I feel I am prepared to give a stealth account a crack, but this will be the only thing that may hold me back. This means alot to me and the other sellers asking otherwise we would not be here, some of us are not as tech savvy and our questions may sound stupid to you guys but speaking on behalf of the other guys like me, i'm sure everyone is extremely grateful for any help/tips you guys give us.
Thanks for this RSH, I didn't want to push my limits here, but I made a post a few days ago regarding this and no reply but one person telling me something that wasn't going to work for my situation. If you ever figure this ID part out, could you PM me? I don't know if you'd be able to since I'm new, but maybe we can work on this together since we aren't getting the help we need here. Best of luck to you!
Old 11-08-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadetoblk View Post
Thanks for this RSH, I didn't want to push my limits here, but I made a post a few days ago regarding this and no reply but one person telling me something that wasn't going to work for my situation. If you ever figure this ID part out, could you PM me? I don't know if you'd be able to since I'm new, but maybe we can work on this together since we aren't getting the help we need here. Best of luck to you!
Hello,

Yeah it appears I can't send you a DM yet. I'm happy to share all the info I have so far, I need 25 posts before I can dm anyone.
The Following User Says Thank You to RSH For This Useful Post:
fadetoblk (11-09-2018)
Old 11-10-2018

Smile Re: Etsy asked for my ID

Quote:
Hello,

Yeah it appears I can't send you a DM yet. I'm happy to share all the info I have so far, I need 25 posts before I can dm anyone.
Hey there, if you are cool with it my email is namest at yahoo (unless this forum is cool with us continuing conversation here? i'm not sure on the rules) I think I have everything figured out, but I have a few questions still about banking information. I'm going to give it a try soon. Hope to hear from you!
Old 11-10-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadetoblk View Post
Hey there, if you are cool with it my email is namest at yahoo (unless this forum is cool with us continuing conversation here? i'm not sure on the rules) I think I have everything figured out, but I have a few questions still about banking information. I'm going to give it a try soon. Hope to hear from you!
I have sent an email, please let me know if you received it.
Old 11-11-2018

Quote:
Yes, I have received it! My apologies as it was sent to my spam folder. I have replied. Thank you!
Old 11-11-2018

Longevity: 38%

Quote:
I need help with verification too. Please send me textabby at google mail.
Old 11-18-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiator View Post
As I told you via email, you can't use certain info that's made up at points. Given the nature of this I'm not going into detail on the public forum, but I identified the mistake you made and you should be able to fix it.
If anyone knows what Gladiator meant by this please msg me. I'm having the same issue :(

I used My gdads address, a pay as you go phone number, and a random name.

Im really not sure where i went wrong.
Old 11-18-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron View Post
If anyone knows what Gladiator meant by this please msg me. I'm having the same issue :(

I used My gdads address, a pay as you go phone number, and a random name.

Im really not sure where i went wrong.
What did she write in the e-mail? How do we know what she wrote?

Her username is banned in the forum right now :(
Old 11-18-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
What did she write in the e-mail? How do we know what she wrote?

Her username is banned in the forum right now :(
I just need help on how to pass the verification without it asking for ID.I think I messed up on the name/address part. People on here know how to do it like Gladiator was helping a couple of people with this issue through DM's. Ive got everything else right its just this one issue i cant figure out what i done wrong. If you can help that would be amazing!
Old 11-18-2018

Its just such a sh.t feeling, I was confident i had it all right but obviously not lol.

I cant find the relevant info in eBay Stealth either.
Old 01-30-2019

Longevity: 30%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron View Post
Its just such a sh.t feeling, I was confident i had it all right but obviously not lol.

I cant find the relevant info in eBay Stealth either.
Did you figure it out Tron??? I have just spent about £100 on the Ebay stealth guide, a VPN, a prepaid phone etc and I am too scared to push the button on it, in case it doesn't work and I need to start all over again. I can't afford to do that :(
Old 02-05-2019

Longevity: 53%

I had this happen too. I used stealth information and a bank account with my real name just like we do with PayPal and eBay but I got asked for a photo ID. I don't actually sell on Etsy, I was just testing the wwater. can someone tell me what I did wrong?
Old 06-10-2019

Longevity: 27%

Any solution to this ?
Old 06-13-2019

Longevity: 28%

Why don't you just photoshop the name on your ID? Use your actual picture and photoshop the name.....