VPN Location Question - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 11-12-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 31%
Default VPN Location Question

I read the stealth guide. And I believe it says your VPN should be within 30 miles of your stealth address?

I signed up for Nord VPN. And they only have Los Angeles location. And I'm based in San Diego. So I'm assuming I need a San Diego VPN? I set up a P.O box in San Diego for my address. So I'm trying to get a San Diego VPN. Does it matter if I use a L.A VPN?

Also heard good things about IPBurger. But it doesnt let you choose a specific city.

My first business account was recently suspended :( I have a site that sells Instagram Followers. and PayPal didnt like that. It worked for 8 months. I messed up because I called them to get reference transactions enabled. And that queues the account to be underwritten. And they asked me what I sell. Next day I was suspended. So I think calling definitely queued them looking into my account and suspending me.

Anyhow, thanks to you guys! Im getting ready to set up my first stealth account with this set up:

Regular Name
Google Voice Number
P.O Box Address
Set up a Capital One 360 Online Checking
Using the a debit linked to the 360 capital one account

Using a different profile on my computer I created. So Cookies should be good. And my last question is covering my IP moving forward

Also any experience with the PayPal App? I traditionally log into my PayPal app on my phone. I have Verizon Wireless. Does this mean my I.P always changes? What's the risks of logging into a stealth account on your phone.

NordVPN has a app. Which is intriguing.

Thanks in advance for your help!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-12-2018

Longevity: 33%
Default Re: VPN Location Question

I do not recommend using a VPN. Use either a private IP from IPBurger, or something like a MiFi.

Using a VPN runs the risk of using an IP that is blacklisted and will get your stealth banned
Old 11-12-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forum - all the best as you master stealth

If you are in the US for sure, use better IP such as cellphone tethering or dongle use.
Old 11-12-2018
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 31%

So IPBurger works good? Even though it's not local to my stealth address?

I have a Samsung with Verizon. If I hotspot my phone to my laptop. Is that safe? (IP Wise)
Old 11-13-2018
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 43%

Your IP doesn't need to be geo specfic so long as it matches the country of your PayPal. For USA PayPal, you only need to have an IP anywhere in the US.

IPBurger works good because it's a private range. There is little to no risk of it being associated with another account, or the IP block being on any blacklists with eBay or PayPal.

Next best is to use your mobile tethering plan, so long as you don't share the same IP's with any other account(s) you are logging into.
The Following User Says Thank You to nickopedia For This Useful Post:
rsot (11-13-2018)
Old 11-13-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

As nickopedia stated, you only need "country IP" technically. I have US accounts operating out of NY, TX, CA (examples) which operate on IP from other states
Old 11-13-2018

Longevity: 53%

A google voice will get you 0/0 limits when you post first item.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kajunrook For This Useful Post:
nickopedia (11-13-2018)
Old 11-13-2018
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 43%

Be careful with doing your first listing with a Google Voice attached. You are very likely to get 0/0 limits right from the get go. What I do is use prepaid SIM's to create the account, then add in a GV# sometime later after I have listed a couple things.
Old 11-13-2018

Longevity: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by haris_tanveer View Post
Which VPN has the most server location?
Again. Stay away from a public VPN. Purchase a private IP from IPBurger, or use phone tethering.
Old 11-13-2018
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,536 Times in 2,190 Posts
Activity: 69%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrgntGhost View Post
I read the stealth guide. And I believe it says your VPN should be within 30 miles of your stealth address?

I signed up for Nord VPN. And they only have Los Angeles location. And I'm based in San Diego. So I'm assuming I need a San Diego VPN? I set up a P.O box in San Diego for my address. So I'm trying to get a San Diego VPN. Does it matter if I use a L.A VPN?

Also heard good things about IPBurger. But it doesnt let you choose a specific city.

My first business account was recently suspended :( I have a site that sells Instagram Followers. and PayPal didnt like that. It worked for 8 months. I messed up because I called them to get reference transactions enabled. And that queues the account to be underwritten. And they asked me what I sell. Next day I was suspended. So I think calling definitely queued them looking into my account and suspending me.

Anyhow, thanks to you guys! Im getting ready to set up my first stealth account with this set up:

Regular Name
Google Voice Number
P.O Box Address
Set up a Capital One 360 Online Checking
Using the a debit linked to the 360 capital one account

Using a different profile on my computer I created. So Cookies should be good. And my last question is covering my IP moving forward

Also any experience with the PayPal App? I traditionally log into my PayPal app on my phone. I have Verizon Wireless. Does this mean my I.P always changes? What's the risks of logging into a stealth account on your phone.

NordVPN has a app. Which is intriguing.

Thanks in advance for your help!

I hear you on that one. So just to be clear, using a Dedicated IP from IPburger even if your location is further away is fine.

There are many VPN providers out there, but what I know is that they aren't dedicated or they are heavily abused already.

I know of only 1 or 2 providers who are super reliable and personally I use IPburger myself. 0 problems so far