Sueing paypal for billions $$$ - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 11-07-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 52%
Default Sueing paypal for billions $$$

Yeah, I know as dumb as this sound but hear me out: I think paypal lies to sellers in chargeback cases and either keeps the money if they win or avoid paying fees. (supposedly paypal pays fees if they actually fight a chargeback and loses)

Evidence 1:
Buyer bought $1500 macbook, opened chargeback not as described, paypal told me we fought and lost. Contacted buyer who was very nice and actually returned it (when he could have kept it) and he sent me a copy of the letter his credit card Citibank sent him and it said "paypal agreed to the chargeback and thought it was valid and has returned the funds to us" and the temporary credit is now considered permanent. Basically paypal told me they fought it and the card company decided against me, when the card company told it's buyer paypal never fought it and agreed to the chargeback and returned the funds automatically.

Evidence 2:
Guy bought $100 sweater, opened ebay case saying he worn it and ripped it, ebay decided for me. He opened chargeback case and I submitted my response, 3 days later I was told by paypal "we fought it and the card company decided against us". Agent did tell me it was American express, and I contacted American express merchant support and they told me (1) if listing said no returns, buyer still has the item, and he damaged it we would NEVER decide that against you. we decide these fairly and (2) we are currently a month back logged, so if paypal did fight it, we wouldn't get to it for about a month, not 3 days. She was very helpful and concerned and told me if I had his card number or AX case number she can verify if paypal actually fought it. Of course when I call paypal they want to hide everything and just say "we fought it and you lost, sorry we can't prove anything, you'll just have to trust us"
The Following User Says Thank You to jackdanielsbtch For This Useful Post:
zap84 (11-08-2018)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-07-2018

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%
Default Re: Sueing paypal for billions $$$

Quote:
Sueing paypal for billions $$$
Whilst convincing, you'd be bonkers to think you'd get anywhere near that in damages.

The scale of this incident would have had to have much graver financial repercussions on your part for you to even sue for millions, let alone billions.
The Following User Says Thank You to Play For This Useful Post:
nickopedia (11-07-2018)
Old 11-13-2018

Longevity: 36%

good luck when paypals team of 100 lawyers make your lawyer cry and jump through a 10th story window.. As for you, you'll never be seen again lol
Old 11-13-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by supplies View Post
good luck when paypals team of 100 lawyers make your lawyer cry and jump through a 10th story window.. As for you, you'll never be seen again lol
Fun to joke about it - hopefully you won't experience this
Old 11-14-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 16%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by empirestate View Post
You will not win. I'll bet my Bitcoins.
What bitcoins? You trying to fool us or yourself Empirestate?
Old 11-14-2018
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 43%

Your "evidence" does not prove anything.

You can file your Billion$ suit, but you have several challenges to overcome even BEFORE your case goes to trial, even if my some miracle it will get that far.

1) Proving ACTUAL damages. (easier said than done)
2) Finding a court willing to hear your case. It's likely to be dismissed at the preliminary hearing, even if you get that far. Most courts have a "standard" that needs to be met on whether there is enough evidence to require a trial at all.
3) The defendent (PayPal) is likely going to file several motions before this hearing even starts. Not just to delay it, but to dismiss it on the grounds you are full of $hit.

Before you even get to first base you are likely going to spend at least six figures in legal fees before it even gets to the next phase of the hearing.

BTW, you are going to need to bring this suit in Santa Clara County Superior Court (San Jose, CA where PayPal is based). I can tell you from prior experience that this particular court is friendly to PayPal, and most of the "tech" industry for that matter. They make it notoriously difficult to litigate those massive companies and their strandards and court procedures are arduous.

Good luck with your "suit" in Silicon Valley. It's going to be pretty tough there.

Last edited by nickopedia; 11-14-2018 at 03:53 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to nickopedia For This Useful Post:
Play (11-14-2018)