Attention!!!! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 07-01-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 86%
Default Attention!!!!

Got this from paypal yesterday.

Quote:
"Notification of Limited Account Access

PayPal occasionally performs credit checks on selected account holders. Your account has been selected to go through this process. We must complete a credit review in order for the warning on your account to be lifted. In most cases, the account holder's personal credit is analyzed using a Social Security number and an address likely to generate a match with a credit bureau. Please log into your PayPal account to provide this information. If an examination of your business credit would be more appropriate, please contact our customer service department to supply your Tax ID number."
I had an account with a **** info. So they got my account closed. And they said that I would never get my money back .
So here is my advise to everybody. Get your money out ASAP!!!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-01-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

Mellow out a bit. This just means you missed a step somewhere or you gave up too much info. Analyze what happened, and avoid doing it again.

Posting this kind of thing is not helpful to anyone. Knee jerk panic can create problems that otherwise would have been fine.
Old 07-01-2009

Longevity: 91%

Scary indeed.....Just logged in for a sec...and Whaaam! Slaap! Dunk!

Hope not really that serious of issue!

Now, back to demolishing my bathroom! Lol..
Little strange too... OP is not in USA.. They ask social in NL?

Last edited by Lyda; 07-01-2009 at 02:29 PM.
Old 07-01-2009

I don't want to sound mean, but why is there money in your paypal account for them to take? Withdraw the money as soon as it comes in. I withdraw my money everyday. There are too many horror stories on this forum for people to still be trusting paypal. The minute you shut your eyes, your money will be gone. Use like 8 paypal accounts for one ebay account so you dont have a bunch of cash sitting in one paypal. Ease your pain and go start up some more paypals right now and keep collecting your money while you figure out what to do with this paypal account.
Old 07-01-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

^^^FYI: paypal are putting Supply SSN on all notices these days. Regardless of what country, the account holder gets a request for the SSN. Other things are happening as well.
It is going to be a matter of WATCHING carefully what wily paypal will do
Old 07-01-2009

And the only other option is to use a merchant account? I've been reading about them here. Now may be a good time for me to get serious about making that move.
Old 07-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
^^^FYI: paypal are putting Supply SSN on all notices these days. Regardless of what country, the account holder gets a request for the SSN. Other things are happening as well.
Now, that is scary than.....
Old 07-02-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
I don't want to sound mean, but why is there money in your paypal account for them to take? Withdraw the money as soon as it comes in. I withdraw my money everyday. There are too many horror stories on this forum for people to still be trusting paypal. The minute you shut your eyes, your money will be gone. Use like 8 paypal accounts for one ebay account so you dont have a bunch of cash sitting in one paypal. Ease your pain and go start up some more paypals right now and keep collecting your money while you figure out what to do with this paypal account.
I keep money on my account because last time when I was trying to withdraw I got limited.

Quote:
paypal are putting Supply SSN on all notices these days. Regardless of what country, the account holder gets a request for the SSN. Other things are happening as well.
I found a solution. I have opened an account in Canada. They can't get my credit history and there is no ssn in Canada. And the best part is as soon as you confirm your bank account there is no withdraw limit.
So I opened an account and got limited in 5 days. They asked me for a ssn number. So I called them and asked what the hell is ssn. I live in canada and right no I'm in Mexico I can't send them anything but I need money really bad to pay my bills. In 3 minutes my account was ok.

Quote:
Now, that is scary than.....
Should be fine. They just got srewed up I think. There is something weird going on with the paypal website...
Old 07-02-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 88%

Ummm.... Canada does not have ssn though. Canada has sin number.
Old 07-03-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Ummm.... Canada does not have ssn though. Canada has sin number.
Yep but they never ask for it and they don't have access to database where they can verify it. As far as I know...
Old 07-08-2009

Longevity: 87%

I've had 6 of my PayPal accounts limited so far in the last 3 months, in fact two are still limited now as of last week just waiting for them to lift it after I sent them the requested info (they're just waiting for the tracking #'s to confirm delivery). I am in Canada and they never asked for a SSN because there is no such thing. We have SIN which is similiar to SSN so I'm hoping they don't start asking for this. So far it's been the same thing every time. They request supplier contact info, invoices, proof of address by utility bill and tracking #'s. All of which are easy to provide
I usually get the account reinstated in 1 week.
Old 07-08-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtaverner76 View Post
I've had 6 of my PayPal accounts limited so far in the last 3 months, in fact two are still limited now as of last week just waiting for them to lift it after I sent them the requested info (they're just waiting for the tracking #'s to confirm delivery). I am in Canada and they never asked for a SSN because there is no such thing. We have SIN which is similiar to SSN so I'm hoping they don't start asking for this. So far it's been the same thing every time. They request supplier contact info, invoices, proof of address by utility bill and tracking #'s. All of which are easy to provide
I usually get the account reinstated in 1 week.

I also have a Canadian pp account. Just curious that will an account be limited for many times? Will paypal ask for supplier infor again and again everytime the account gets limited? I thought after I provided once the supplier information, pp will not ask again for it.
Old 07-08-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by metroline View Post
I also have a Canadian pp account. Just curious that will an account be limited for many times? Will paypal ask for supplier infor again and again everytime the account gets limited? I thought after I provided once the supplier information, pp will not ask again for it.
This is true, but I have many PayPal accounts. I've never had one account limited more than once.
Old 07-09-2009
Executive [VIP]

Paypal has been known to unlimit an account, then within 12 hours relimit it requesting more information. If a couple days has passed, you should be fine.
Old 07-15-2009

Longevity: 90%

Any more info on opening a CANADIAN Paypal account must I go to the great white north?
Old 07-21-2009

Longevity: 89%

jtaverner, is it usually a high volume of sales that gets you limited? Just wondering what level gets them nervous?
Old 07-22-2009
Executive [VIP]

Theres no set level. But high sales is definitely one reason they will limit. There was a list of reasons posted by another member of the boards. Basically, paypal can limit you for any reason they want.

As for the credit check/SSN combo requirement. It can be bypassed.