Business on Etsy Compared to Ebay? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Etsy Discussions

Etsy Discussions Etsy Forums. General discussions on Etsy, direct checkout, account suspensions, suspended, banned and more.

Old 11-23-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 74%
Default Business on Etsy Compared to Ebay?

Hi everyone,

I was wondering how is everyone's sales on etsy compared to ebay? is it slow are almost as many sales on esty too? is etsy a worthwhile site for a crafts seller to invest his time into?

also, hows strict is esty in terms of limitations, IP infringement, selling limits etc?

Do you like your etsy experience more than ebay?

Any other things to take note of ? Thanks.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-23-2018

Longevity: 47%
Default Re: Business on Etsy Compared to Ebay?

Also ould like to know but think sell on etsy is more or less for hand made items or vintage .
Old 11-23-2018

Longevity: 51%

Et.sy is simply... different. For me anyway

I find I can charge more on et.sy, customers are nicer and more tolerant of delays. Never once had anyone try to scam me on Et.sy. But I've been shut down multiple times on Et.sy, where as I still have my original eb.ay account with perfect feedback score.

Some products sell more on et.sy, some sell more on eb.ay. Eb.ay I get my funds instantly rather than 3 days later, but eb.ay fees are much higher, I'm forced into a returns policy etc.

In terms of sales though for me its 50/50, eb.ay just seems more reliable long term. I do however hate that on eb.ay I'm lumped in with the Chinese sellers. My personal buying experiences are generally bad, and so I would never recommend eb.ay to anyone, which is a shame considering it makes up such a large percentage of my sales, it could be so much more if eb.ay had a positive selling image. Honestly can't wait for the day I don't have to use eb.ay

It's just another selling platform really, more sales is always good right?
The Following User Says Thank You to zenohki For This Useful Post:
rsot (11-23-2018)
Old 11-25-2018

Longevity: 31%

I sell on both and I have found ETSY gets me more sales. The best way is to list all your items on both and see for yourself, plenty of money to be made on both.
Old 12-02-2018

Longevity: 35%

about a year or two ago The Bay was running neck and neck with the other four letter platform. While your product does make a huge difference in what you are selling, Et_sy has out gained the former by leaps and bounds. I believe that the ease of app's like Mercari/Poshmark coupled with The Bay messing with their search results have killed a good portion of their seller's business. Ebay fired a slew of top exec's in Q3 and have made some changes to keep up with the rest of the pack but they are too far behind to catch up at this point.

I wouldn't hesitate to list items on both, start with a smaller platform on the Bay and if you have less than a 100 items there is no need to sign up for any monthly store above the 19-25 dollar mark.

Good luck! The more platforms the merrier imho...while at times stressful, the added exposure (in most cases) cannot hurt your product line
Old 12-05-2018

Longevity: 31%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangduck View Post
Hi everyone,

I was wondering how is everyone's sales on etsy compared to ebay? is it slow are almost as many sales on esty too? is etsy a worthwhile site for a crafts seller to invest his time into?

also, hows strict is esty in terms of limitations, IP infringement, selling limits etc?

Do you like your etsy experience more than ebay?

Any other things to take note of ? Thanks.
I've read that it's easier and quicker to sell on Etsy. I have no experience on ebay, but it took me about 2 weeks to start getting sales after opening my shop with no experience. I guess it depends on the person, but I tried ebay and it seemed like too much deal with.