PayPal requires ID/SSN docs after pre-emptively adding EIN - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 12-05-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 31%
Default PayPal requires ID/SSN docs after pre-emptively adding EIN

I bought a stealth account about 3 weeks ago. I followed stealthaccts.com guidelines.

I listed one item (used book) on eBay last week. No actual sale on eBay yet.

Today was the 31st day since the creation of the PayPal account, and I tried to strengthen it -- to avoid any future request for SSN -- by preemptively adding an EIN that I applied for and got from the IRS yesterday. This EIN was for a new LLC that I just registered today in a different State using the stealth first and last name (plus an LLC suffix) as the business name.

I entered that EIN as the SSN on PayPal. It accepted it without any apparent problem (not even any prompt to upgrade to a business account afterward, as some others here have reported getting in this scenario).

I then elected to upgrade to a Business Account, to justify the EIN I entered as SSN. I entered the business name and the registered business address which is in a different city/state than the original PayPal account residential address. I then entered the last 4 digits of the EIN for the SSN's last four when asked to confirm that again.

At this point, the PayPal system is asking for proof of ID, i.e. a literal Social Security or TIN number document and a photo ID document. Obviously, I don't have either of these to upload.

I have explained this to stealthaccts.com and asked if there is any way they can help, as there was some guarantee that came with the account. I await their response.

Does anyone have any alternative suggestions?

It would be a disappointment to lose the investment in this account pair as well as the filing fee for the LLC should I not be able to meet the PP requirement.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-05-2018

Longevity: 53%
Default Re: PayPal requires ID/SSN docs after pre-emptively adding EIN

Same happened to me and I had to abandon acct, I suggest you abandon that paypal.
Old 12-05-2018
Threadstarter  

stealthaccts.com 's answer was that I should open a thread on Aspkin about the issue. Yeah. Sure. Fantastic.
Old 12-05-2018

Longevity: 33%

Having been on aspkin for a while now, and having talked to many of the account Seller’s, that are always helpful people.

The issue here is that you went all Willy-nilly adding a bunch of information into a relatively new stealth account. Most aged stealth accounts are made, and then stored for months to gain time between creation and use dates. When an account isn’t used for months, and then all the sudden starts being used and adds and EIN and upgrades and such, it flags paypal.

I would call into PayPal with the phone number on the stealth account and see if there is anything you can provide over the phone to get rid of those document requirements.
The Following User Says Thank You to ouako For This Useful Post:
SaiJin (12-05-2018)
Old 12-05-2018
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,535 Times in 2,189 Posts
Activity: 69%
Longevity: 91%

From what I gather, that website just sells accounts. They do give you high quality accounts though, I bought from them in the past.

1. For your EIN, you should have this document when you applied for one.
2. For your photo ID, get "creative", if you know what I mean.

But more importantly, how much experience do you have operating a stealth account?
Tell more details so I can give you better advice.

Last edited by SaiJin; 12-05-2018 at 11:48 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to SaiJin For This Useful Post:
adc (12-06-2018)
Old 12-05-2018
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouako View Post
Having been on aspkin for a while now, and having talked to many of the account Seller’s, that are always helpful people.

The issue here is that you went all Willy-nilly adding a bunch of information into a relatively new stealth account. Most aged stealth accounts are made, and then stored for months to gain time between creation and use dates. When an account isn’t used for months, and then all the sudden starts being used and adds and EIN and upgrades and such, it flags paypal.

I would call into PayPal with the phone number on the stealth account and see if there is anything you can provide over the phone to get rid of those document requirements.

That's what he said! I agree!

Owning a high quality account doesn't mean you can just jump into it full force.
You need to stay around the forum a little more and learn how to do it so this doesn't happen to you.
Old 12-05-2018
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajunrook View Post
Same happened to me and I had to abandon acct, I suggest you abandon that paypal.
I don't think this is a good advice for the situation he's in right now.
This is a different issue.
Old 12-05-2018

Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
stealthaccts.com 's answer was that I should open a thread on Aspkin about the issue. Yeah. Sure. Fantastic.

Now that is what i call support!
Old 12-05-2018

Longevity: 42%

Just open pp business from the begining with ebay business account with a new EIN so every thing will goes well in the god willing.
Old 12-06-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
From what I gather, that website just sells accounts. They do give you high quality accounts though, I bought from them in the past.

1. For your EIN, you should have this document when you applied for one.
2. For your photo ID, get "creative", if you know what I mean.

But more importantly, how much experience do you have operating a stealth account?
Tell more details so I can give you better advice.
Hi Saijin,

Thanks for your suggestion. I have just made an attempt at being creative with the identification.

FYI: It was my hope that the EIN notice from the IRS would suffice in lieu of proof of SSN or ITIN even though the latter is what their site is literally asking for, and I uploaded a copy of that after making sure the right person's name was listed under the LLC's name.

I did within a few minutes of uploading receive an emailed request from a named PP compliance rep asking me to go back to upload the SSN proof. I'm not sure whether that was because there was a delay in between my upload of the two separate documents and they had only received the ID doc by that moment or because they really dismissed the EIN letter as insufficient for their SSN doc request.

I'll find out in 2-3 days whether what I submitted stands up to the litmus test.
Old 12-14-2018
Threadstarter  

Creativity worked
Old 12-18-2018

Activity: 4%
Longevity: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
Hi Saijin,

Thanks for your suggestion. I have just made an attempt at being creative with the identification.

FYI: It was my hope that the EIN notice from the IRS would suffice in lieu of proof of SSN or ITIN even though the latter is what their site is literally asking for, and I uploaded a copy of that after making sure the right person's name was listed under the LLC's name.

I did within a few minutes of uploading receive an emailed request from a named PP compliance rep asking me to go back to upload the SSN proof. I'm not sure whether that was because there was a delay in between my upload of the two separate documents and they had only received the ID doc by that moment or because they really dismissed the EIN letter as insufficient for their SSN doc request.

I'll find out in 2-3 days whether what I submitted stands up to the litmus test.
When you say right persons name do you mean your real name or the stealth name?