This would work to go around the Non-Performance Seller Policy - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 09-04-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
Default This would work to go around the Non-Performance Seller Policy

I'm doing a bunch of research right now because of this new non-seller performance policy...I was thinking...does anyone know of a way to block feedback from ever happening...like, wouldn't it be cool if we could block people from leaving feedback at all. eBay would never know whats going on. That would be tight! There has to be an HTML code...something to create this...think about it...when people leave you feedback, it has to go onto your page...there should be something like myspace where you could block certain people from leaving feedback or just block it period...Any suggestions? This would help out a ton of people if we could make this happen...i'm sure there is a way
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-05-2007
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 99%

Not high on the list of priorities but a worthy question nonetheless. Especially given the increasing presence of non-paying bidders (i.e. competitors) that bid on items using another user name w/no intention of paying and will leave negative f/b at the drop of a hat.
Old 09-05-2007

Yep, happened to me just recently. Although I doubt there's a way to block the feedback, it would be nice to come up with a solution to help cut down on those competitor bids. I know ebay says that you have the right to refuse a bid from anyone who doesn't meet your criteria, but I think that's just for bidded auctions caught before the auction ends and not last minute bids or buy it nows. Someone correct me if I'm wrong on that.
Old 09-05-2007
Banned

There's no way to block a buyer from leaving feedback. There's no code you can put in somewhere, because the only place you can put code in is in a listing, and they don't have to go to a listing to leave feedback.

The only real way to prevent feedback is stringing a buyer along for over 90 days, and then hoping they don't have the item number saved. (After 60 days the listing is removed from their My eBay page, and after 90 days it's removed from their 'Leave Feedback' page, but they can still leave feedback after 90 days as long as they have the item number.)
Old 09-05-2007
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Yep, happened to me just recently. Although I doubt there's a way to block the feedback, it would be nice to come up with a solution to help cut down on those competitor bids. I know ebay says that you have the right to refuse a bid from anyone who doesn't meet your criteria, but I think that's just for bidded auctions caught before the auction ends and not last minute bids or buy it nows. Someone correct me if I'm wrong on that.
You can use the Seller Management tools to disallow bids from buyers from different countries, or without a paypal account, or below a certain feedback level (but I think it's like less than 0). It....kinda helps....kinda doesn't though. Unfortunately, and this is my personal opinion, the seller management tools don't really do enough to help the seller block certain bids. But I suppose you can always ban individual accounts if you have certain people always messing with your auctions.
Old 09-05-2007
Executive [VIP]

Best way to prevent negative feedback is just send people what they pay for, and email everyone at least 10times during the transaction. An email a day helps to keep the negatives away.

Ebay buyers must be really lonely because they love getting emails. Buyers love communication, oh, and most importantly getting their stuff.:D

OF COURSE there's the a-holes who are never happy no matter what you do, and who vindictively leave negatives and won't retract, but they are really few and far between and I've never had enough of these people to get a seller non-performance.

I definately think there is a mob mentality among the average buyer about their choices to leave a seller negative feedback or not.

It seems like some people are more likely to leave a negative if they have seen other negative feedback left already, and by the same token, they are less likely to leave a negative if you don't have any yet.
Old 09-05-2007
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebayisanecessaryevil View Post
Best way to prevent negative feedback is just send people what they pay for, and email everyone at least 10times during the transaction. An email a day helps to keep the negatives away.

Ebay buyers must be really lonely because they love getting emails. Buyers love communication, oh, and most importantly getting their stuff.:D

OF COURSE there's the a-holes who are never happy no matter what you do, and who vindictively leave negatives and won't retract, but they are really few and far between and I've never had enough of these people to get a seller non-performance.

I definately think there is a mob mentality among the average buyer about their choices to leave a seller negative feedback or not.

It seems like some people are more likely to leave a negative if they have seen other negative feedback left already, and by the same token, they are less likely to leave a negative if you don't have any yet.
So true

This is probably one of the better posts I've seen on this forum so far. Constant communication is the key. And heck yeah to the mob mentality. Most people care too much about their feedback to leave negative, unless they see lots of other negs/neuts on the seller's account already then they just want to get in on the party.
Old 09-05-2007

This is very true. People love the mob mentality. But it doesn't really help when your "buyer" isn't really a buyer at all, but a pr*ck who wants everyone else to think he's a buyer and is really a competitor in disguise. No amount of constant communication is going to change the fact that they're your enemy plain and simple. And ebay doesn't do a thing about it. Believe me I've tried that route.
Old 09-05-2007
Executive [VIP]

I have a HUGE "blocked-bidder" list that I import from name to name of trouble makers. It's so much fun when they email and wonder why they can't bid.

Otherwise, I just keep an eye on who's bidding on my stuff. if I see zero feedback from a user created recently I ask ebay to take a closer look at their contact info. I have in fact been able to get the system to work for me and get people who register with false contact info just to mess with my auctions suspended.

It really seems like more people nowadays with otherwise stellar feedback are getting tagged with the outrageous one or two negatives from idiots. I used to freak out when it happened to me, but I realized it didn't stop my sales. Especially when it gets buried by a bunch of positives. I don't know maybe it's naive, but it seems like the buying public is a little more understanding nowadays if you just have one or two hiccups surrounded by otherwise great performance.

But, if it is a real detriment to sales, keep more than one name going, close shop on the name that has the negative and switch to the 100% name. Just always have a backup.
Old 09-05-2007

What do you tell them when they email, or do you answer?
Old 09-05-2007

And how are you sure they are trying to mess with your bids? Maybe it was just another suspended ebay user, like the people on this forum not too different from yourself, who sincerely wanted to buy your item?
Old 09-05-2007

I'm sure. He told me as much.
Old 09-05-2007
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
I'm sure. He told me as much.
Jack, if this user told you he's purposely trying to mess with you by placing false bids on your listings, send a copy of the email with headers to ebay investigations and let them know what's going on. It has to have come from their registered ebay address though.

I've seen lots of suspensions for things like that, and the nice thing is when the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ account gets suspended, often times there's a link to the original account which can go down too....

Just a thought.