Okay Guy's I need your help bad!!!! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 07-26-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 85%
Question Okay Guy's I need your help bad!!!!

Hey! I am new member of the forums, so hello to everyone! I am in desperate need of help though. I have a friend who has a PayPal account and E-bay account, both accounts have ⊗⊗⊗⊗ names and all contact info is ⊗⊗⊗⊗. He has items on E-bay, but he doesn't have the items, just old stuff that he took pictures of,(even though he sold the stuff, he just wants to make a little extra money) So he needs, I guess he needs to get verified, and have a confirmed address so he can either buy items from online storefronts, etc..... I know I read about the Account Now card and he already has a pre-paid card linked with all false info(although with that pre-paid debit card, he could not get verified or get his address confirmed) He just lives in the same state as the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ person listed......About two hours away from the address actually. So he is having some problems. I would be so grateful if you could help me outHere is the thing, he need's to get verified and have a confirmed address and with that, I understand you need a bank account. I have searched the forums and Can not the info I need, so I am asking everyone for some opinions and/or help. I am assuming he should be able to use the NetSpend Card to get verified, but will that mean he will also have a confirmed address??? He needs that really bad.... He has items on there now and soon he will have about $2000.00 in his account, but being he is unverified and does not have a confirmed address, he Will not be able to withdraw , because paypal takes so long to send checks out(and by that time) the disputes for items not received would already be filed. So How does he get around this..... I know he also will not be able to send money out most likely when he get's this money, because of PayPal's security ****. So being he can't get a check sent to him and he can't send the money to another ficticous account(and someone else cash it out for him), without having his account froze, what can he do. If he provides a SS Number, I would assume he would only need that if he registered a bank account with paypal, right? Do they check if the person's SS number is deceased or not? He needs to get around this and I need your help. Please get back at me when you have a chance. Also he was thinking of using his soon to be ex wife's ss number, and they are going through a Divorce, but He does not have a copy of her photo id, just her ss number and real address, which is like two hours away from him. All help would be appreciated!!!!
Garett
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-26-2009
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

You are going to have A LOT of problems with this setup...

There are just so many different things wrong with this and obstacles in front of you...

It's not even worth the hassle really...
Old 07-26-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

you sure know alot about this 'friend'.

did I read it correctly, there are no goods available but the are listed for sale? so its a scam? Why would you admit this to the forum?

Last edited by oompaloompa; 07-26-2009 at 02:57 AM.
Old 07-26-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

yessnow,

This is very overcomplicated and involved. Anything that is set up now will have to be maintained and reconfirmed at least one more time (probably several times). For this particular setup, you'd have an impossible time keeping all the details straight.

It's a bad bad horrible idea to use an SS belonging to another person without at least having consent. One slight little thing could limit an account and that might mean NSF charges somewhere along the way, which would ding the person's credit report. If that person did not agree to assist at the beginning, it could mean severe legal repercussions to the person who the number DID NOT belong to. Not worth a couple of bucks, IMO.

Until that issue is accomodated, there is no reason to pursue remedies to any other issue.

Buy your friend a copy of the stealth guide and have him spend a weekend looking it over. Then do a search here on any issues still up in the air. Then ask any questions that may arise.
Old 07-26-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Better still ,as we like to help, tell your friend to join here. Then the info comes right to him and does not get lost in translation.
Old 07-26-2009
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 85%
Post Listen Guy's

Okay, he is my best friend actually. He has pulled me through some major stuff and I am trying to help him out of his jam...... That really all..... All help is appreciated, I mean that. What he does in his spare time I have nothing to do with....... I am just trying to help a friend out..... He really does not have time to buy a book, ya feel me........ If anyone could help me help him, that would be great.
Thanks
Garett
Old 07-26-2009

Longevity: 88%
Send a message via AIM to lakeman Send a message via MSN to lakeman Send a message via Yahoo to lakeman

Your friend doesn't have time to come join the forum? and he needs help?
Old 07-26-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 93%

Quote:
Originally Posted by yessnow View Post
He has items on E-bay, but he doesn't have the items, just old stuff that he took pictures of,(even though he sold the stuff, he just wants to make a little extra money) So he needs, I guess he needs to get verified, and have a confirmed address so he can either buy items from online storefronts, etc.....
This guy is Obviously committing fraud. I can see right through him by the way he is asking for help. I am pretty sure "His Friend" is Actually "Himself" and he is trying to be the innocent one to get "US" forum members to give him the insider tips to get his Limited Paypal account lifted so he can have access to the funds to buy from other online stores (not Ebay) and get the items shipped to him before the Ebay Buyers realize they are being scammed and file a paypal dispute. The paypal dispute won't really matter to him since it is all f-a-k-e and he has already placed his orders with the online stores that have already shipped him the goods.

Ban this fool.

BooMer
Old 07-26-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts

If you had asked the question, omitting the selling non-existant goods bit, you would have had plenty of help. This is not a scammers forum, you didnt need to tell the gorey truth.

Anyway you are free to read the forum you will get a lot of info that way..

Good luck with the divorce and dont do to others what you wouldnt want done to you..

Last edited by oompaloompa; 07-26-2009 at 01:52 PM.
Old 07-26-2009
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%

terrible...
Old 07-26-2009
Vicvelcro

Voice of reason (maybe): The guy could be selling drop-shipped goods.

Still a bit seedy but not completely shifty or a fraud.

Thing is, the book can be reviewed in an evening and studied over a weekend. If a seller really really needs the info, the time investment required is negligible. If the seller isn't interested enough and dedicated enough to do this, I'm thinking probably not a good seller.
Old 07-26-2009

Longevity: 86%

Nothing wrong with listing "stuff from around the house" but you need to have product physically available to send when buyers buy! Listing stuff you dont have and cant send is a shed load of trouble and will surely bite you in the a$$.
Old 07-27-2009
Vicvelcro

Agreed.

Re: Selling anything you don't have-
Selling it before you HAVE it is almost always going to be problematic. Your supplier might be lazy or backlogged. Delivery carrier could mis-deliver. Customs might inspect. Neighbor kids could loot your mail. Any other number of unpredictable things can be added to this list. Risky way to do business.

RE: Related subject as an example-
Anyone choosing this method might as well EXPECT the DSR rating to be low in at least one category. Not much can be done to correct it. Want better DSR? Sell what you have on hand and ship right away. Don't list just because you placed your order. Wait until it gets delivered so you KNOW you have it and that all units are sellable before you list the full qty. What if you order 30, list 30 while pkg en-route, it arrives 10 units busted?

Last edited by Vicvelcro; 07-27-2009 at 10:33 PM.
Old 07-27-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

this is not entirely about dropshipping. The OP's (imaginary or real) friend listed without the items. Let's leave it at that given the rest of the circumstances.ta
Old 07-28-2009

What. In. The. Hell.

I couldn't even follow the story.

1. This is a scam.

2. If your gonna scam, get your scam together. There are too many holes in your scam.

3. You dont want to buy items from an "online storefront" so you can ship those items to buyers, you want to empty that paypal account & buy stuff for yourself and/or and sell it on the street now that you realize getting that money out isn't as easy as you thought it was gonna be. That's what happens when you are dishonest.

4. "He really does not have time to buy a book, ya feel me" is the funniest thing I have ever heard.
Old 07-28-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

"ya feel me" LOL where in scamsville u from?
Old 07-28-2009
Vicvelcro

Last time I heard that expression was season 1 episode 6 of Weeds. I think.
Old 07-28-2009

Longevity: 93%

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
If you had asked the question, omitting the selling non-existant goods bit, you would have had plenty of help. This is not a scammers forum, you didnt need to tell the gorey truth.

Anyway you are free to read the forum you will get a lot of info that way..

Good luck with the divorce and dont do to others what you wouldnt want done to you..
The Golden rule my British friend. I love it. Keep on passing on such advice. We all need it!!!

Last edited by TMiles; 07-28-2009 at 09:26 AM.