Etsy Hold & Fees - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Etsy Discussions

Etsy Discussions Etsy Forums. General discussions on Etsy, direct checkout, account suspensions, suspended, banned and more.

Old 12-15-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 31%
Default Etsy Hold & Fees

Ok, so after selling thru et.sy for almost 3 years, my account was suspended and I was banned from ever selling there again. I’ve gotten over it, but I have a question. I’ve shipped out all remains orders I had but They are holding $100 of the revenue. I’d be able to feel good and leave the shop, but I owe $90 in fees. I can’t pay the fees because I was going to use the revenue they held to pay it off. I have nothing in my bank that is connected to the acct, so I am afraid it might go into the negatives. If I close my bank, will They use the held money to pay the fees or just send me to collections and leave me to pay it without that revenue?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-15-2018

Default Re: Etsy Hold & Fees

Leave them with the money. They will deduct your bills from the account balance, usually the $10 change you will have is accessible after they lift your ban on deposits.
Old 12-15-2018

has anybody opened a etsy stealth account and if so what are the steps just got suspended for having a couple of open cases even though they had the tracking details in ,they havnt replied to me yet has anybody ever been suspended and then had the account opened back up again ,this is so stressfull
Old 12-15-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forums - all the best as you master stealth
Old 12-16-2018

Longevity: 63%

I had a real account suspended and about $300 in my Etsy direct pay account at the time that was being held for 6 months because 1 international buyer opened a case that they haven't received the item and accused me of never shipping the item.

This customer was a pain in the butt, one of those that send you like 10 messages about an order and you reply only to 9 of them because you missed one in her avalanche of messages then she throws her arms up saying you are ignoring her.

anyhow, I called Etsy and used their call back feature at the time, where they would call you back in like 30 minutes or whenever an customer service person was free. I explained the situation, that it was an international shipment that was sent first class at the customer's request, so no tracking (although you can sort of track it with the customs form and in most countries will show when it is delivered). The customer also requested the payment be done outside of Etsy's direct pay via paypal. So I painted a picture of the customer trying to scam me by paying outside of Etsy's direct pay (which I do still kind of believe) and requesting a method of shipping that was not really trackable. This same customer had placed a smaller order a few weeks prior that went received with no problems, then placed this bigger order. The customer service rep got my point and after I showed proof of shipping, she unsuspended my account. However the money I had sitting in my direct pay account that should have been released to me for deposit was still showing as being held for 6 months, so I emailed the customer service rep back and she told me she forgot to click the button to unsuspend the money being held part so she quickly released the money. So basically, they did sort me out favorably based on the information I provided them.

All the problems that I have faced (3 issues of customers claiming item not received) have been from shipping internationally. So what I have done is jacked up international shipping to certain countries to deter those in certain countries that are causing me problems.

But this is on my real account, not a stealth one, so I will fight to defend it.