PayPal account limited, asking for photo ID on stealth account, what should I do?! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 06-06-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 33%
Default PayPal account limited, asking for photo ID on stealth account, what should I do?!

I have an eBay + PayPal stealth account that is about 1 year old, I sold about $1600 worth of items today on eBay in a couple hours (I typically don't sell more than $500 per day).

The reason this happened is because one particular item I was selling seems to have gone out of stock everywhere so people started buying my listing hard. Soon I got an e-mail from PayPal saying my account is limited and they need me to upload a photo ID. I can't make any withdrawals to my bank account.

This is what PayPal is stating at https://www.paypal.com/restore/dashboard :

"We noticed some significant changes to your account activity. To help keep you and the PayPal community secure, we need more information to understand how these changes affect your business."

Then there is a button to upload a photo ID. What's strange is, when I click "resolve" it say the document (photo ID) must be no more than 6 months old...how many people get a new photo ID every 6 months? Anyway around this? Can convince them over the phone? I have about 1.5 months to submit it or my account will be further limited. I can't withdraw money.

I didn't exceed $30,000 in a Calendar year but I did slightly exceed $30,000 in 12 months. I started getting tax ID requests end of 2017 so I slowed down sales until 2018 started.

I've got probably $200 in shipped product (that I haven't withdrawn funds for) I'm guessing I will lose if I just cancel all the un-shipped orders and abandon the account. I will also lose a solid eBay account with "power seller" status. What should I do?

Last edited by ebaymaybeebay; 06-06-2018 at 03:33 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-07-2018
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,536 Times in 2,190 Posts
Activity: 69%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: PayPal account limited, asking for photo ID on stealth account, what should I do?

Damn so going from $500 -> $1600 they consider risky activity...

the 6mo ID part I think is rather ridiculous. If this is your real account, why not try to upload the ID? blank out some personal info from it.

And in the mean time, I highly recommend you read the stealth guide.
If something happens to your original account, you'll have back ups and much less worry.

it's a necessity for Everyone doing biz on eBay
Old 06-07-2018
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 33%
Default Re: PayPal account limited, asking for photo ID on stealth account, what should I do?

I got back in, just called PayPal, they sent me a text message and I explained why I had so many transactions. No ID needed.
Old 06-11-2018

Longevity: 77%

By the way, in these situations, if you are stucked with ID, because of a stealth acc in a fantasy name, you are forced to be creative.
The Following User Says Thank You to dano For This Useful Post:
Calexi (08-20-2020)
Old 06-11-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaymaybeebay View Post
I got back in, just called PayPal, they sent me a text message and I explained why I had so many transactions. No ID needed.
Congratulations but never think for a minute you are 100% safe - make backup accounts
Old 06-12-2018

Longevity: 34%

Nice to hear this was sorted out. I think the main issue is you need to spread sales over more accounts. 30k in 12 months on a stealth is a lot in my mind.
Old 06-12-2018
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,536 Times in 2,190 Posts
Activity: 69%
Longevity: 91%

not only that, paypal is very unstable. They are bipolar.

really the safest thing to do is make multiple eBay Stealth accounts and spread out the sales.
Old 12-15-2018

Longevity: 30%
Unhappy Re: PayPal account limited, asking for photo ID on stealth account, what should I do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leader2dark View Post
Nice to hear this was sorted out. I think the main issue is you need to spread sales over more accounts. 30k in 12 months on a stealth is a lot in my mind.

Hello.i have the same issue could please contact me on

Abdel_piter@hotmail.com

Please #
Old 12-15-2018

I jad the same issue what do you advice me with
Old 12-15-2018

Quote:
I have the same issue woth a stealth account what do you advice me with.

And could please contact me on Abdel_piter@hotmail.com
Old 03-06-2019

Quote:
What did you tell them?
Old 03-07-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin01 View Post
Hello.i have the same issue could please contact me on

Abdel_piter@hotmail.com

Please #
I just got limited yesturday. Can anyone help me with the documents needed for paypal. They are asking for photo id.
Old 03-07-2019

Longevity: 53%

All this sounded nice, it basically said if you did nothing wrong, have documents to prove everything that you can eventually get your account back. LOL