esty suspended me for open cases - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Etsy Discussions

Etsy Discussions Etsy Forums. General discussions on Etsy, direct checkout, account suspensions, suspended, banned and more.

Old 12-15-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 31%
Default esty suspended me for open cases

hi
i got my etsy closed as i had a few open cases ,they told me to resolve them to open the account i did so, all the open cases the items were on their way also 2 of them had tracking numbers in . i have been waiting 24 hours and no reply ,i have called them but they are no help and i have now got a massive phone bill becasue of it . Has anybody had ths and had their account opened back up again i cannot believe how they can just shut me down after selling so many items with all 100% feedback ,i want to get back on etsy but need to go stealth can anybody help me with how i go about this
thx
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-15-2018

Activity: 10%
Longevity: 68%
Default Re: esty suspended me for open cases

how many cases are there? can you still refund these orders?
Old 12-15-2018

If your account is taken down for copyright infringement and you have open cases, ET/SY will automatically put the cases as reason for the suspension. After you sort out the cases, your account will remain closed.

Thats just another possibility, best to email them and find out for certain.
Old 12-15-2018
Threadstarter  

i never got a email regarding copyright material , i sorted all the cases out and refunded them even though the items were sent ,2 of them had tracking numbers, do you know if i open steatlh accounts with a new address ,card details , do i have to have a diifernent name on the account , E,G my last account my card had my name on it Nick Brown . i have opened a new bank with a differnet adress but my name is still nick brown will that be problem
Old 12-15-2018
Threadstarter  

Also i have refunded everybody i can still acess my account and view all my past orders ,messagesetc . i can see my listings but my shop is not active , i read that when they suspend your account you lose all viewings of your account ,is this true or have they changed it ? i still have orders to go out
Old 12-15-2018

Longevity: 63%

I don't know the details of your case, but for me this is one of the things I hate about Etsy. If a customer opens a case that the item has not been received, even if tracking is showing the item is still in the delivery process, they will shut down your shop until the item shows delivered or you refund the customer. I had some customers in france complain they items not received and when the first one opened the case my shop was suspended. France is like a war zone right now with all the protests going on in Paris, so I would imagine that is why things are taking longer to reach there. It makes me not want to ship to France.

Earlier this year I had a similiar case, but after showing the item was sent to Etsy with the receipt from the post office, Etsy sided with me and unsuspended me.

I do think it is a bit harsh when someone has conducted hundreds of transactions and gotten tons of positive feedback that they will suspend a shop when one customer says they never got their item, when they don't take into account the international shipping time around the christmas holidays.
Old 12-15-2018
Threadstarter  

Thankyou for your advise it has give me some hope , How long did it take to resolve your suspended account and get it back up and running, This has been so stressfull and not the best time to close my shop .Iam still recieving messages from customers and dealing with the orders that came in , Thankfully i deposited a large sum the morning of the suspension .
What i dont like is dealing with automated messages and also getting lied to by etsy reps, who told me it was getting dealt with and they had flagged my case as urgent.
Old 12-15-2018

Longevity: 63%

Etsy got me reinstated pretty quick after I called and explained the situation. But it sounds like you tried calling and didn't much love.

Maybe you can try posting to etsyhelp on twitter and tell them what is going on.