There is an alternative we could all try ?? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 02-20-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 99%
Default There is an alternative we could all try ??

There is an alternative auction site we could all try.....eBid Online Auction House - Zero fee online auctions site for the USA, UK, Canada and Australia. Buy and Sell everything and anything without posting or final value fees in our multi-currency environment

By the looks of it it operates worldwide, its free to list, free to sell and no large fees from paypal either as you set up a pppay account which is free also....

Don't know if its worth a go but think I might give it a go for a month or so and just see if the potential sales are out there, maybe try to spread the word a bit too....who knows it may even give ebay a run for its money...will keep you posted...
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-23-2007

Ebay is still d Gee,if ebid.net is highly advertised like ebay i think they will go a long way soon.They are very user friendly, sell some few stuff there.I also pray google do somethg about getting an auction site-Does anyone knows how to get to google customer service about this?I think if google can come up with that soon, then there will be no need 4 ebay as they r a bunch or thieves & retards there.It will make a great sense if people start sending messages to GOOGLE soon about creating an auction site & i bet they will definitely do that if they see d number of people writing them.Besides a lot of people use google service- they will be d best bet to give ebay a run for their traffic.
Anyway, d best of all is still to get a website & advertize as much as u can as u r d sole owner of that w/o anybody telling u what to do.
Goodluck everyone.
Old 03-03-2007

Default I found this browsing the web!!

Petition for Google to Start Online Auctions - Signatures
Old 03-03-2007

Default Ioffer is good! Video dissing Feepay check it out--ww.ioffer.com

Check out IOFFER. They are coming up real quick.. You can import your feedback and listings from ebay as well....

Did you see there new video dissing feepay..That video is the funnist thing ever!..lol
Old 03-04-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

Check this out, from Ioffer
Old 03-04-2007

I personally say no there is no alternative to ebay it took ebay nearly 10 years to get where they are other online auctions are just begining.
Old 03-04-2007

I was thinking, I know I am new here, but you guys really know what you are doing, and its working for me, I tell you the first few times login, I didnt want to look at the screen for fear, you have been SUSPENDED...lol . My ebay auctions are cooking with gas again. If you get enough people to join this forum, maybe we can come up with the next new ebay. It is just a thought. I have seen ioffer lately, they are building up a good customer base, I made some chump change there lately, I am keeping my eye on them.
Old 03-05-2007

lol give it a couple of months
Old 07-07-2007
Banned

Longevity: 97%

Try iOffer: A place to buy, sell & make friends . It will not hurt to try. I get about 50 sales a month off that site which equals to about a extra $1000 pure profit
Old 07-07-2007
Subscribed [VIP]

do you use paypal as payment method or something different?
thanks
Old 07-07-2007
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by simogold View Post
do you use paypal as payment method or something different?
thanks
I did use paypal until i heard about how they operate but now I use my own merchant account. I place a shopping basket on each of my listings on ioffer. So all they have to do is click on the buy it now shopping cart button in the listing.

Chris Hanson Dateline MSNBC Reporting
Old 07-08-2007

Longevity: 98%

IOffer what a nice place to sell.
The thing that is funny about IOffer is that you can offer clearly, shall we say, cheap replicas of things and people want it and do not care.
After looking over a certain category, I was amazed at the prices the sellers are getting for the items and the fact that even the offers and counteroffers are to good to believe. The auctions clearly let you know that what you are buying might be suspect but the people do not care. After all where can you buy something for $100 that would cost you $300 in the store or even on the companies website. LOL, But then again International commerce is good and after doing some research on certain items it seems some of the items being offered are legit items sold overseas but they were not or are not to be sold or exported back to the US.

Just like Cigs - I could buy a pallet of Marlboros (cartons) for about $10 on the carton, but I have to agree and provide proof that they will be exported overseas and not resold here in the US.
Old 07-08-2007
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeeBay Balling View Post
IOffer what a nice place to sell.
The thing that is funny about IOffer is that you can offer clearly, shall we say, cheap replicas of things and people want it and do not care.
After looking over a certain category, I was amazed at the prices the sellers are getting for the items and the fact that even the offers and counteroffers are to good to believe. The auctions clearly let you know that what you are buying might be suspect but the people do not care. After all where can you buy something for $100 that would cost you $300 in the store or even on the companies website. LOL, But then again International commerce is good and after doing some research on certain items it seems some of the items being offered are legit items sold overseas but they were not or are not to be sold or exported back to the US.

Just like Cigs - I could buy a pallet of Marlboros (cartons) for about $10 on the carton, but I have to agree and provide proof that they will be exported overseas and not resold here in the US.
International trade is a good thing! Also many of the replicas(depending on the supplier) is the exact same product of the original.
Old 07-08-2007
Executive [VIP]

Ioffer is great for buyers and horrible for sellers. There are more sellers on there than buyers. Traffic is awful. Every seller is competing for the lowest priced item which is ridiculous. How do you make any money that way?
Old 07-08-2007
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballsack View Post
Ioffer is great for buyers and horrible for sellers. There are more sellers on there than buyers. Traffic is awful. Every seller is competing for the lowest priced item which is ridiculous. How do you make any money that way?
Marketing, Ballsack Marketing.

You have to be a business man, a seller. you cant just sell but you have to be a seller. you have to take pride in what you sell.

I convince my buyers that I'm better then the rest. As well know most sellers on their is scamming anyway so i decided to capitalize on the scammers. I made a nice template to go with my listings and now my sellers know that I'm legit and not just some other person that sells on there.

Also ioffer.com traffic is not awful at all. They have a decent amount of traffic. Check the traffic ratings.Related Info for: ioffer.com/

Their traffic is steady climbing
Old 07-09-2007
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modee View Post
Main problem with iOffer is that almost all the high end listings are either scams, or counterfeits.

And Ebay isn't?? Isn't no different from Ebay. Same Shi* different place.
Old 07-09-2007

That is right the same stuff is sold on Ebay... The difference.
On Ebay the sellers "hide" the fact that it my be imported from China and "hope" that the buyer does not figure it out. Although some of the items are really top notch. On IOffer you do need to hide the fact that it is imported and show little things like asian writing and buyers eat it up.

BallSack - Even the prices that the sellers are accepting are profitable and that is what it is about. I know exactly where I can buy a particular item which retails for $369.99 for $25 each and then ask for $200 each and even if I get drilled down to $125 I still make $100. Wow, What a deal!
And on top of that you really do not have to worry much that the person will get upset as they know what they are buying. The only thing would be if it was a sting by law enforcement that bought it from you -----> But there are ways around that as well. OOOppppsssss Drop Ship - Did I say Drop Ship.... LOL
Old 07-09-2007
Banned

the funny thing happen to me on ioffer, someone bought something from me for $90 and I didnt have the item in stock. I tried calling the buyer, emailing etc.... Can not get a hold of buyer for nothing. It's been 3 months now and thebuyer basically just gave me $90 for free.

maybe the buyer went to jail or something??? The heck if I know
Old 07-09-2007

Yea, maybe the went to jail Chris Hanson. Seems you send plenty of people packing there.
Old 07-09-2007
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imback View Post
Yea, maybe the went to jail Chris Hanson. Seems you send plenty of people packing there.
HAHAHA/.. That was funny
Old 07-09-2007

Default First ebid sale

I can't beleive it but after 3 months and over 60 items in my ebid store I finally sold 2 items to one guy form Ohio. I never thought I would sell anything on that site. WHo knows.. a sale here and there might be worth the trouble. And no ebay nazis :D
Old 07-10-2007
Subscribed [VIP]

the problem with ebid is :huge posts and less demand, also you can not know how many bids a specific item has unless you click on it (that's wasting time),it is not like Ebay.