When using a LLC for stealth - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 12-19-2018

Activity: 20%
Longevity: 40%
Default When using a LLC for stealth

I have questions for LLC usage with stealth accounts:

1) Is the LLC entered for the legal entity and for the tax interview?

2) Does amazon ever ask for documents pertaining to the LLC?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-19-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 65%
Default Re: When using a LLC for stealth

Someone can probably give you more recent information on this, but when I used to create stealth accounts year or two ago, I never even created real LLCs... I just applied for EIN numbers using made up LLC names/addresses (Make sure to check first that they don't exist, if there is an entity with that name already registered it would give you an error trying to get an EIN). Once I had the EIN issued, I would use it and the made up LLC on Amazon to create a stealth account. It worked all the time. Maybe now they started asking for verification docs, so I'm not sure if that method still works...
Old 12-19-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Historically Amazons only concern is that the Tax ID being used on the accounts is real, also Companies (LLC's and inc's) can have Multiple DBA's (Doing Business As),,,a very simple example of this is say GM inc (General Motors) the Do Business as Cadillac, Chevrolet, ect,ect, Amazon Knows this they know that there can be different names on corporate paper work, there IS a corporate document that allows companies to register DBAs, (Assumed Name Recipt) but I never heard of Amazon asking for it
Old 12-20-2018

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 37%

Amazon has never asked for documents related to the LLC... They only check it with the IRS to make sure it is correct info.

I would register them with the state to be safe, as it's cheap and easily done online in most cases. When registering with the IRS to get an EIN, it asks what state it's registered in. It could be considered lying to IRS if you didn't even file it with the state you said so...
Old 12-20-2018
Threadstarter  

So when you update the tax interview the legal entity on your seller account is now the name of the LLC? It no longer shows a personal name, its now the LLC name?

Does Amazon ever ask for docs pertaining to other entities such as S-Corps?

I wonder if Amazon.ca asks for docs for Canadian Corporations.
Old 12-21-2018

Longevity: 31%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadianleaf View Post
I have questions for LLC usage with stealth accounts:

1) Is the LLC entered for the legal entity and for the tax interview?

2) Does amazon ever ask for documents pertaining to the LLC?

trying to learn this as well....i just got 3 new LLCs for stealth..and hoping i can use business name in the tax questions instead of a persons name...thats what your askng right?
if u get answer please let me know...i am hesitant to open any new accounts without knowing
Old 12-21-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmk73 View Post
trying to learn this as well....i just got 3 new LLCs for stealth..and hoping i can use business name in the tax questions instead of a persons name...thats what your askng right?
if u get answer please let me know...i am hesitant to open any new accounts without knowing
From what I have learned from reading threads and assuming the information to be true the facts are:

1) You enter the LLC name for the tax interview.

2) Amazon will NOT ask for any sort of documents regarding your LLC such as articles of organization / articles of incorporation.

Edit: Note I remember reading somewhere on aspkin or the Amazon seller forums where amazon had requested articles of incorporation and info regarding shareholders.

Last edited by Canadianleaf; 12-21-2018 at 09:32 PM.
Old 12-22-2018

Quote:
From what I have learned from reading threads and assuming the information to be true the facts are:

1) You enter the LLC name for the tax interview.

2) Amazon will NOT ask for any sort of documents regarding your LLC such as articles of organization / articles of incorporation.

Edit: Note I remember reading somewhere on aspkin or the Amazon seller forums where amazon had requested articles of incorporation and info regarding shareholders.

Thanks bud, awesome to hear,,,,hearing so many new stealths getting shut down quick after one sale etc, so prob wait til after new year instead of risking a shut down
Old 12-23-2018
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 4%
Longevity: 33%

UK/EU Amazon may request articles of incorporation / other business docs, but US Amazon does not typically request them
Old 12-23-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautiful View Post
UK/EU Amazon may request articles of incorporation / other business docs, but US Amazon does not typically request them
What about Canada?
Old 12-24-2018
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 4%
Longevity: 33%

I have not seen that request from Canada, already stated that multiple times to you lol.
Old 12-24-2018

just tried creating stealth via new llc with fam member...when i put llc name as the "name" the ein says " incorrect" etc....put fam member name and it went thru....seems like you cannot just use a llc name and need the persons name on the llc ein sadly
Old 12-24-2018

Quote:
So when you update the tax interview the legal entity on your seller account is now the name of the LLC? It no longer shows a personal name, its now the LLC name?

Does Amazon ever ask for docs pertaining to other entities such as S-Corps?

I wonder if Amazon.ca asks for docs for Canadian Corporations.

replied to u in other thread..thought the same...just created a stealth with new llc under fam member name...for ein i had the llc name, and came up saying ein didnt match or something...then put fam member name instead and worked...sucks...thought the llc being real etc would be fine not a persons name...on my ein paperwork the biz name is the first line and fam member second so that didnt matter either
Old 12-25-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
just tried creating stealth via new llc with fam member...when i put llc name as the "name" the ein says " incorrect" etc....put fam member name and it went thru....seems like you cannot just use a llc name and need the persons name on the llc ein sadly

1) Is your LLC taxed as a A) Sole Prop B) Partnership C) S-Corp D) C-Corp? E) Partnership? I believe its partnership since you said fam member.

2) In the tax interview did elect "individual" or "business" and what entity did you choose? If its "individual" it only allows you to enter your: "Name (as shown on your income tax return)". If "business" and you select "Limited Liability Company" you can enter LLC types: "S-Corporation, C-Corporation, Partnership".

3) What name did you enter? You entered your fam members legal name for "Name (as shown on your income tax return)" in the tax interview?

Last edited by Canadianleaf; 12-25-2018 at 11:07 AM.
Old 12-25-2018
Threadstarter  

This is the way Amazon verifies with the IRS:

An SSN verifies YOUR REAL NAME with the SSN.

An EIN for a sole proprietorship or d/b/a verifies YOUR REAL NAME with the EIN.

An EIN for an LLC, Corporation or Partnership verifies THE BUSINESS NAME with the EIN.

The IRS considers a Single Member LLC a "disregarded entity". It will issue an EIN to the LLC, but when Amazon verifies the EIN they would do so using the EIN and YOUR REAL NAME. So, single member LLC's are rarely used for stealth. Source: https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-d...0-llc-ein.html

Only LLC's Partnerships, C-Corp's, S-Corp's verifies the EIN with the BUSINESS NAME.

So for those saying Single Member LLC works, how do you pass the IRS verification?

Note the: ""Individual" includes Sole Proprietors or Single-Member LLCs where the owner is an individual".

Last edited by Canadianleaf; 12-25-2018 at 11:23 AM.
Old 12-25-2018
Threadstarter  

[AMAZON LINK]
https://developer.amazon.com/tax-int...0&locale=en_US

"The name of the entity entered on the "Name" line should never be a disregarded entity. For single-member LLCs, enter the first and last or legal entity name of the owner."

and

"If you are a single-member LLC, enter the owner's SSN or EIN. Do not enter the disregarded entity's EIN."

Single-member LLC's dont work. People claiming it does is false information. https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon...tml#post966045

Last edited by Canadianleaf; 12-25-2018 at 11:50 AM.
Old 12-25-2018

i selected business....it did not allow me to use the business name..as i said i had to use fam member name...

i selected biz name...llc ...partnership...and it wouldnt work...so had to use real fam member name

so your saying you did not have to put a persons real name in somehow???
Old 12-25-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
i selected business....it did not allow me to use the business name..as i said i had to use fam member name...

i selected biz name...llc ...partnership...and it wouldnt work...so had to use real fam member name

so your saying you did not have to put a persons real name in somehow???
Is your LLC a partnership? I have no clue why it would not accept your LLC business name. How did it not work exactly, did it give back a name mismatch message? Its also strange that it accepted a persons legal name for the business name despite it being a LLC Partnership. How long ago was the EIN issued by the IRS?

>so your saying you did not have to put a persons real name in somehow???

What I am saying is entering the business name of a Single Member LLC would fail the IRS verification check and return a NO MATCH for the name. It requires your legal name. A single member LLC is a disregarded entity. Amazon even states a Single Member LLC requires your legal name.

Beautiful stated that people are using Single Member LLC's for the tax interview. I dont see how this would work.
Old 12-25-2018

yeah its all new, its a new llc and ein...but its multi member...but still have that mismatch error with llc name
Old 12-25-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
yeah its all new, its a new llc and ein...but its multi member...but still have that mismatch error with llc name
And the account passed the tax interview name verification with your fam members name...Is the verification immediate or is does it take a day days to verify?

Was the name you used to create this account a stealth name or did you also use your fam members name?
Old 12-25-2018

Quote:
And the account passed the tax interview name verification with your fam members name...Is the verification immediate or is does it take a day days to verify?

Was the name you used to create this account a stealth name or did you also use your fam members name?

i got thru uploaded driver license and cc statement and now showing " we will be in touch if we need further clarification" or something like that, so not sure whats going on..says will hear in 2 bus days

no, i used fam member name for everything..llc, stealth etc
Old 12-25-2018

Quote:

ugh., now saying they "cannot verify documents"
they asked for Drivers license and cc statement...sent real that all matched, so not sure what else i can send