Question about upgrading Paypal from personal to business - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 12-27-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 69%
Default Question about upgrading Paypal from personal to business

So I have a handful of stealth accounts. My main one reached the 20k threshold and I have gotten limited so I cannot receive or send paypal payments. I went to upgrade my paypal from personal to business and when I did this it asked me for 3 things.

Proof of EIN (which I already sent in)
Proof of address (which I already sent in)

but the last one is giving me some issues.

It is business registration or "certificate of good standing."

I have tried to figure out what this is and how to get it and the only way I have found is to pay another website about $50 to have them make it or to have the state make it for free but wait 10 days to receive it.

I have no problem doing either of those, but would like to check here first to see if anyone has any other ways to go about getting this info.

I also read somewhere else that you can look up the EIN on the state website and it shows you if it is in good standing or not, I could take a screenshot of that and send it in and see if that works. Or if someone else has had luck doing something different?

I also haven't found much info for the certificate of good standing on the forums, so I was wondering if I am doing something wrong when setting up my paypal account. I got the EIN the previous day before I upgraded my account.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. And yes I have read and bought the eBay/Amazon Stealth Book.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-30-2018
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Question about upgrading Paypal from personal to business

anyone????
Old 12-30-2018

Longevity: 43%

A certificate of good standing is a document that states your business is in good standing with the state of incorporation. What that means is simply that you have paid your yearly fee to the state. I believe it has a fascmile signature from the secretary of that state. I know in Delaware they cost around $100 and the turn around time is a few hours to a day or so. Hope this helps.
Old 01-04-2019
Threadstarter  

In case anyone else needs this help, I ended up searching my name on utah business search, finding my entity and requesting a certificate of existence for $12. A lot cheaper than what the online people do. You do have to have a business license though for Utah. So before I did that not only did I need an EIN but I had to register my business in Utah and pay that $75 fee, wait for it to go through, and then buy the certificate of existence for $12.
Old 01-07-2019

Longevity: 30%
Send a message via Skype™ to adeel780

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykarrels View Post
So I have a handful of stealth accounts. My main one reached the 20k threshold and I have gotten limited so I cannot receive or send paypal payments. I went to upgrade my paypal from personal to business and when I did this it asked me for 3 things.

Proof of EIN (which I already sent in)
Proof of address (which I already sent in)

but the last one is giving me some issues.

It is business registration or "certificate of good standing."

I have tried to figure out what this is and how to get it and the only way I have found is to pay another website about $50 to have them make it or to have the state make it for free but wait 10 days to receive it.

I have no problem doing either of those, but would like to check here first to see if anyone has any other ways to go about getting this info.

I also read somewhere else that you can look up the EIN on the state website and it shows you if it is in good standing or not, I could take a screenshot of that and send it in and see if that works. Or if someone else has had luck doing something different?

I also haven't found much info for the certificate of good standing on the forums, so I was wondering if I am doing something wrong when setting up my paypal account. I got the EIN the previous day before I upgraded my account.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. And yes I have read and bought the eBay/Amazon Stealth Book.
they can ask all detail about your busniess any time