PayPal Account Limited Tax ID Number, Will it Unlock After January 1st? - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 01-10-2019
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 62%
Default Re: PayPal Account Limited Tax ID Number, Will it Unlock After January 1st?

As of right now if your account got the first Tax ID notification but did not receive the second notice where your account is actually "soft" limited (can't receive payments) then those accounts have reset and you can sell in 2019 as if you never received the first notice.

However, it seems the accounts that got the first and second notification (soft limitation, can't receive payment) are still limited.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-12-2019
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: PayPal Account Limited Tax ID Number, Will it Unlock After January 1st?

I am still unable to accept payments on one of my accounts. When you try to list, its says my paypal account cannot accept payments at this time.
Old 01-12-2019

Longevity: 61%

How long was it between 1st ad 2nd notification till soft limitation?
Did you try sending in the requested documents?
Old 01-16-2019

Longevity: 58%

I received my first notice on 12/1 right after I received a $7.01 payment. I received my second notice on 12/31 right after I received a $5.30 payment. This account did not cross 200 items or $20K. I was hoping for the reset however as of today there's no reset. I was able to transfer all of the money with the exception of a small amount to my bank account. Also, I guess because there was not enough in the account to cover eBay fees, they initiated an eCheck for fees. I'm seriously contemplating going the LLC + EIN route but was hoping it cleared up so I didn't have to...
Old 01-16-2019

Longevity: 56%

I’m having the same issues and thought it would reset like it did in the past. I’m thinking it was late January last year when they reset. I am also unable to pay my eBay fees because I don’t have enough in the PayPal account and I can’t take in anymore funds! Frustrating!
Old 01-16-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,927 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pnw507 View Post
I’m having the same issues and thought it would reset like it did in the past. I’m thinking it was late January last year when they reset. I am also unable to pay my eBay fees because I don’t have enough in the PayPal account and I can’t take in anymore funds! Frustrating!
PP is frustrating - they don't act very quickly at all
Old 01-17-2019

I check everyday and I get the frustrating "Email address cannot be used for (PP) payments at this time." message. It's 1/17 - same message. You would think this action affects their bottom line somehow by preventing people from being able to pay for items they want to buy. You would think there'd be more pep in their steps to release the people they're not sending 1099-K's. It's got to be affecting many more people than just us few posting here...
Old 01-17-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

I have a very strong feeling that if accounts do reset this year, it will be on 1/27/19 which is the date they are telling users they must have their SSN added by in order to keep using their balance for purchases.

I've been monitoring my accounts closely too. The "limited" notification seems to be gone from a few but I'm still getting an error when I try to send an invoice from those accounts, so they aren't back to normal.
Old 01-17-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

The only accounts I have had 100% reset on January 1st was the accounts that got requested but not limited as in, Not be able to collect more funds.

Some people report tax limited accounts getting reset end of January and as late as end of April. This was not my experience last year but we did not wait and added tax info sometime in February.

IMO, the account is toast unless you give them what the IRS wants, A tax number.

If you are just selling some random stuff, just open a new account.....

Last edited by yankee; 01-17-2019 at 11:51 AM.
Old 01-17-2019
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

In years past I had both reset. Accounts that had only had a tax ID requested, and accounts that were fully limited for hitting 200 sales.

That's why there are posts from me here saying accounts will reset - because they've reset for me several times. With that being said there have been a lot of changes to ebay, paypal, and e-com in general lately so I don't know if things will go the same way this year.
Old 01-17-2019
Executive [VIP]

In years past if you had your account limited and were unable to receive any more funds because of hitting the IRS threshold, the account would unlock by the end of January and you can receive funds again.

Hopefully things repeat themselves this year. I am eagerly waiting for my accounts to be allowed to sell again.

I am not sure how it is an advantage for PayPal to permanently limit you from receiving payments due to IRS thresholds, as I do recall them fighting the government on these thresholds being placed on seller accounts when the IRS first came after them several years back.
Old 01-17-2019
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
In years past I had both reset. Accounts that had only had a tax ID requested, and accounts that were fully limited for hitting 200 sales.

That's why there are posts from me here saying accounts will reset - because they've reset for me several times. With that being said there have been a lot of changes to ebay, paypal, and e-com in general lately so I don't know if things will go the same way this year.
Do you recall when you were allowed to sell again on accounts that were limited and unable to sell any more items for the year?

Me personally I began selling on these accounts in the end of Jan - beginning of Feb, but I wasn't exactly checking every day waiting for the limitation to be lifted like I am this year, so I am uncertain of the exact day the limitation was lifted in years past.
The Following User Says Thank You to nodeal For This Useful Post:
yankee (01-17-2019)
Old 01-17-2019
Executive [VIP]

I do not. Most traffic comes from our business accounts so I'm in the same boat as you - I don't exactly know when I just know I was able to start receiving payments again on tax limited accounts some time in the new year.

Like I said earlier I think the 1/27/19 "confirm your info by" date probably ties into this, somehow.

Paypal does fight for sellers but when enough tax dollars have been missed out on, the government starts forcing Paypal's hand.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
nodeal (01-17-2019), Startacus (01-25-2019)
Old 01-20-2019
Executive [VIP]

I can also confirm I now have the Limited notifications in the top right of the screen disappearing from a lot of my accounts, but they are still unable to receive payments.

I also noticed if I go to the Resolution Center where it shows me my limitations, a handful of accounts have this notice:

"We’re reviewing your submissions. Thanks for helping us understand your business better. We’ll get back to you soon"
I obviously never submitted anything, so I do not know why it says I did.

This message is where the button that says "Confirm your Tax ID number" is supposed to be.

Last edited by nodeal; 01-20-2019 at 01:37 PM.
Old 01-22-2019

Mine still has the two confirm messages and when you click on either of them it asks me how I would like to confirm? Hope it disappears shortly.. (Im)patiently waiting...
Old 02-01-2019

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 40%

It's Feb 1st.... mine is still not able to take payments, didn't reset so far...
Old 02-05-2019

Its Feb 5th.... still not able to take payments. Looks like we're in it for the long haul this time...
Old 02-08-2019

Longevity: 53%

Not gonna reset in my humble opinion
Old 02-08-2019

Unhappy Re: PayPal Account Limited Tax ID Number, Will it Unlock After January 1st?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajunrook View Post
Not gonna reset in my humble opinion
I agree. Its a really good account too. I guess I have to bite the bullet and incorporate if I want to reuse the account. Beats restarting. Ugh.
Old 02-08-2019
Executive [VIP]

I know it is a long shot but does anybody think the government shut down has something to do with the accounts not resetting as early as they once did?
Old 02-21-2019

Longevity: 31%

Any luck on your guys ebays getting fixed? I'm looking to avoid this situation myself. After how many transaction does ebay send out the SSN verification? I'm at about 130 transaction for this year but less than 10k sales. Do you send it at a certain amount of transactions?
Old 02-28-2019

Longevity: 34%

Quote:
Originally Posted by austintoddwilliams View Post
Any luck on your guys ebays getting fixed? I'm looking to avoid this situation myself. After how many transaction does ebay send out the SSN verification? I'm at about 130 transaction for this year but less than 10k sales. Do you send it at a certain amount of transactions?
Nobody has the exact amounts. Its different for each person. Sounds like you are already pushing the limits honestly.