EBAY selling limits - why they happen, how to lift, what to do - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 04-30-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 99%
Question EBAY selling limits - why they happen, how to lift, what to do

I have been experiencing some crazy stuff lately. I opened a forum last week regarding selling limits, which was recently deleted. I listed app. 70 items of an average of $39 in a 24hr period with an account 2 months old at 47 feedback. Prior to that point I was doing 40-50 new listings a day no problem. I received a selling limit notice to link my account to a verified paypal account to remove it.

I waited 3 days, and it allowed me to list 20 before I got the same message and had a temp hold placed on new listings.

Now 2 hours later, eBay allowed me to list one more. It seems so random. At first it made sense that I would be limited to 20 listings per 24 hours, but do they have some running ratio that you cannot exceed X number listings per X frequency of time? Like 1 per hour or something??

Its really strange....anyone with experience with this? I will be testing it to try and find some rhyme or reason. Will keep everyone posted.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-30-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

That's interesting. EBay like Paypal starting to limit accounts based on its usage. The more you have going on the more they want to know about you. It just shows you how advance eBay's system is becoming.
Old 04-30-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
That's interesting. EBay like Paypal starting to limit accounts based on its usage. The more you have going on the more they want to know about you. It just shows you how advance eBay's system is becoming.
That is no advancement, that is less of an advancement.. Any one with a website can limit you when there is activity, but can you truly weed through the real sellers and bad ones without limiting the good ones.. I think most people leave buyers hanging when ebay suspend their account because they have no way to contact and sort through thier buyers and customers.
Old 04-30-2007
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPUGEEK View Post
That is no advancement, that is less of an advancement.. Any one with a website can limit you when there is activity, but can you truly weed through the real sellers and bad ones without limiting the good ones.. I think most people leave buyers hanging when ebay suspend their account because they have no way to contact and sort through thier buyers and customers.

We'll I mean eBay is having more rules and polices each day. I don't mean they're advancing in commerce, though they are. The more information eBay asks for the harder it is to stay anonymous and keep your accounts going. Having ⊗⊗⊗⊗ information all the way is very hard to look valid to eBay. Either way eBay is advancing their security and fraud system each day.
Old 04-30-2007

Quote:
We'll I mean eBay is having more rules and polices each day. I don't mean they're advancing in commerce, though they are. The more information eBay asks for the harder it is to stay anonymous and keep your accounts going. Having ⊗⊗⊗⊗ information all the way is very hard to look valid to eBay. Either way eBay is advancing their security and fraud system each day.
yeah, but I dont think I would all what ebay is doing security and fruad advancement..I find what they are doing is a waste of money and time..lol Because that system is flawed very bad..They need to quit hiring them Russians to do their security system...

I found a loophole to get around the selling limtis..
Old 05-01-2007
Administrator

I agree, eBay is doing more harm then good with their new system, but who are we to change that? We can only work with it and with each other.
Old 05-01-2007

Quote:
I agree, eBay is doing more harm then good with their new system, but who are we to change that? We can only work with it and with each other.
Thats very true Modee. it's a shame that we as honest sellers have to do all this.. Really I think Ebay just want like the top big powersellers to sell on ebay and that is it..
Old 05-01-2007
Threadstarter  

Quote:
I found a loophole to get around the selling limtis..
Please let post what you know regarding this issue. Thanks
Old 08-17-2007

Longevity: 96%
Question EBAY selling limits - why they happen, how to lift, what to do

i sell shoes on ebay and they limit you to 15 pairs a week when your a new member...is there a way to ligt the limit some how????or does it ift auto...when you gain feedback or become a longer member..any one know how there syste, works...
Old 08-18-2007

I just accqwuired a bunch of time sensitive items that will only be a big seller for the next couple of weeks. They will probably be inexpensive (less than $5). I have about 50 of them. I would like to maybe put one up for 3 or 5 days to determine a BIN price and then list the remainder of them BIN, but I am thinking that well send up a huge red flag to a week old account with no transactions yet.
Old 08-19-2007

Longevity: 97%

I found the limit lifted at 10 feedback.

Last edited by Modee; 08-03-2008 at 07:35 PM.
Old 08-19-2007

Send a message via MSN to robo1977
Default ebay listing limit

I listed only 5 pairs of shoes and i got a limit put on, ball ache i also would like some info on what we do next may as well be suspended
Old 08-20-2007

does your limit slowly rise up to the amount of pair to list at 10 feedback... has anyone experienced this problem when selling
Old 08-29-2007

I sell 1 X brand named item and I can't sell anymore until I am verified with Paypal. Should I verify with them? I mean I could just create an account but not use it right???
Old 08-29-2007

If you are going to verify it why not use it?

Are you sure you mean verify with PP and not EB?
Old 08-30-2007
Banned

I disagree, I dont think they will never reduce their revenues . there just so damn rich.. They can make a million dollars over night just off bank interest
Old 08-30-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hanson View Post
I disagree, I dont think they will never reduce their revenues . there just so damn rich.. They can make a million dollars over night just off bank interest
I dont think they will reduce their revenues either, but its profits the board members care about. Another example is intel making 36 billion in a year, but profits were only 6 billion to board members. years before that they made less revenue, but the same profits.
Old 08-30-2007
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by egyptman90 View Post
i sell shoes on ebay and they limit you to 15 pairs a week when your a new member...is there a way to ligt the limit some how????or does it ift auto...when you gain feedback or become a longer member..any one know how there syste, works...
Nike shoe huh
Old 08-30-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hanson View Post
Nike shoe huh
wonder if he/she is the one that hacked my old account to sell their shoes...
Old 09-05-2007
Executive [VIP]

Default seller limits..this might work

I only tried this 1 time...but it worked the first time I tried it. Ok ..I have a old account that was limited with seller restrictions u know that same ebay B.S but today I was making a new account...so I did the normal change i.p address, delete cookies ect. But after I made the account I went to my old account for some odd reason, and tried to see if my limit had been lifted, I still have zero feedback and its only been 3 days since it was limited...but for some odd reason they let me post items on the account. That makes me think that the seller limit is just like anything else it runs off your i.p address & cookies, but once u get rid of them and change the i.p address it lets u by pass it. Now I could be wrong but that's what happen to me today.
Old 09-05-2007

Just what do you mean by limited?
What were the circumstances surrounding the action?

It has been well over a year since I received any disciplinary action from EB so I am a little rusty on their policy. My latest infraction which landed me here was due to the old "associated" bugaboo.
Old 09-05-2007
Banned

Limits go by account, not IP or anything else. You'll have to give more information about this seller limit, because I don't understand why an account would be limited with 0 feedback (that'd be a suspension if anything).

Seller limits are usually for big/high volume sellers. So say you're selling $100k worth of goods a month and you've started getting an abnormal amount of feedback complaints. eBay can say alright, we're going to limit your account by 25% of your normal volume / month until you fix your feedback. So the next month you can only sell 75% of your normal amount, then the month after 50%, until 4 months have passed in which case you either get suspended or permanently banned from selling.

But I'm guessing you have a different type of restriction