need to abandon my paypals? (brother stole 10k they're in the negative) - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 01-23-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 37%
Default need to abandon my paypals? (brother stole 10k they're in the negative)

i have a business and personal paypal i use to receive payments from my sales on ebay for my business.

anyways, my criminal druggie twin brother tricked me to sign into my email on his laptop. then later when im sleeping he stole my simcard from my phone to use it to get the 2nd factor authentication codes for my paypal (he already stole money from my paypal before).

so he gained access and sent himself 5k from each of my paypals via my bank.

my bank stopped it so my paypals are now each -5000.

paypal says its family fraud so they can't do nothing and i needa get the police involved.

seeing as hes already mired in legal problems, i was wondering if i should just put stealth paypals in my ebay listings and use them to send the money to and change them every time i hit the 20k limit and they want my SSN (happens 4-5 times a year).

essentially should i just abandon my paypals and welcome the debt collectors cuz im not really scared of them?

thanks.

Last edited by buckwheats; 01-23-2019 at 08:03 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-23-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: need to abandon my paypals? (brother stole 10k they're in the negative)

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckwheats View Post

essentially should i just abandon my paypals and welcome the debt collectors cuz im not really scared of them?

thanks.
No, you should get the police involved. That debt is going to follow you around the rest of your life and make anything business related you try to do in the future much harder. You won't be able to open a merchant account and start accepting direct CC payments.. you'll have a hard time trying to open business bank accounts.. etc.

If your bank stopped one of the payments then why are both of your Paypals at -$5000? Shouldn't it be just one of them since one of the payments was refused?

Either way, settle the debt by whatever means necessary.
Old 01-23-2019
Threadstarter  

Default Re: need to abandon my paypals? (brother stole 10k they're in the negative)

i mean my bank put a hold on my account at my request so instead of the money coming from my bank, paypal just took it from my paypal account balance. so it didn't really make a difference.

okay thanks, paypal told me to use the police too...
Old 01-23-2019
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,535 Times in 2,189 Posts
Activity: 69%
Longevity: 91%

Even though he is your brother, he stole from you. That's not what a brother would do.

I understand he's family and you have your reservations, but you need to take care of yourself. So get the police involved and get him to pay for everything he did.
Old 01-23-2019
Threadstarter  

here's the secret not so secret reason why total abandonment is tempting me. i have a 9k paypal credit line i always pay every month and just use for the 6 months no interest purchases i make.

if i cut myself loose from paypal that could turn this -10k situation into a +9k situation (assuming i never look back and avoid the debt collectors).

there's little to no info of me online and i have enough cash reserves and connections to get by with never having a credit score above 200 so i shud be able to disappear out of their reaches.

anyways unless i can reason with my brother (unlikely since i think he already spent my money on his legal fees or drugs or both) im going to take the mature course of action and try the police report method to see if that works.

funny thing is 2 months ago i filed a police report for 11k cash i lost, and we got security footage and everything to find out who picked it up, but long story short it didn't end up working out to my favor since it was an uber drivers word against mine. 107 $100 bills in two bundles fell out of my suitcase between the bank and me getting in an uber 20 feet away -_-

Last edited by buckwheats; 01-23-2019 at 10:43 PM.
Old 01-23-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckwheats View Post
funny thing is 2 months ago i filed a police report for 11k cash i lost, and we got security footage and everything to find out who picked it up, but long story short it didn't end up working out to my favor since it was an uber drivers word against mine. 107 $100 bills in two bundles fell out of my suitcase between the bank and me getting in an uber 20 feet away -_-
Nothing funny about that :(
Old 01-24-2019
Threadstarter  

i was selling 16k in silver bars to a gold shop next to the bank which was my brothers "repayment" for my loan to him.

part of the payment was in 100 50's which was a thicker bundle so it didn't fall out and i still got those home safe :0
Old 01-24-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 43%

This is pretty standard for the police these days.

Crimes you might think are serious, the police will either not want to get involved, or simply say it's a "family/civil" issue, and to go to court to resolve.

Unless the police can catch your criminal brother in the act of transferring the $5k from your two PayPal accounts, they can't really prove he did it. That would require an investigation, subpoena and resources, and many departments don't have the time or resourses to investigate. Most departments have a high case load, and anything under $25,000 is going to be treated as petty, if it even gets a second look at all.

That's about the reality of it.

Make a police report, then dispute with PayPal and your financial institution citing fraud. You also need to complete a "Fraud Affidavit". If PayPal is unwilling to provide you one, your local PD or courthouse can help you obtain one. You will need to complete the affidavit and have it notarized. Once that's done, you need to send that, along with Police Report CERTIFIED MAIL to PayPal's headquarters in San Jose, CA. In most cases, this will take care of the negative balance.

In the unlikely event PayPal tries to hook you for the $10k. You use these two documents and file a claim against PayPal in your local Small Claims Court and it will resolve itself fairly quickly if you were you do that. In most states a money transmitter, bank, or financial instidution cannot hold you legally responsible for a debt that was a result of fraud.

Good luck.

Last edited by nickopedia; 01-24-2019 at 06:28 AM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nickopedia For This Useful Post:
bugmyday (01-29-2019), dealagreeproceed (01-29-2019), juke123321 (03-29-2019), martyjump (01-25-2019)
Old 01-24-2019

Longevity: 54%

should go find your brother.......do what michael corleone did to fredo......
Old 01-24-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickopedia View Post
This is pretty standard for the police these days.

Crimes you might think are serious, the police will either not want to get involved, or simply say it's a "family/civil" issue, and to go to court to resolve.

Unless the police can catch your criminal brother in the act of transferring the $5k from your two PayPal accounts, they can't really prove he did it. That would require an investigation, subpoena and resources, and many departments don't have the time or resourses to investigate. Most departments have a high case load, and anything under $25,000 is going to be treated as petty, if it even gets a second look at all.

That's about the reality of it.

Make a police report, then dispute with PayPal and your financial institution citing fraud. You also need to complete a "Fraud Affidavit". If PayPal is unwilling to provide you one, your local PD or courthouse can help you obtain one. You will need to complete the affidavit and have it notarized. Once that's done, you need to send that, along with Police Report CERTIFIED MAIL to PayPal's headquarters in San Jose, CA. In most cases, this will take care of the negative balance.

In the unlikely event PayPal tries to hook you for the $10k. You use these two documents and file a claim against PayPal in your local Small Claims Court and it will resolve itself fairly quickly if you were you do that. In most states a money transmitter, bank, or financial instidution cannot hold you legally responsible for a debt that was a result of fraud.

Good luck.
omg the quality of this post
Old 01-24-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarsky541 View Post
should go find your brother.......do what michael corleone did to fredo......
wow dark

==

in a surprise turn of events my brother refunded ONE of the 5k transfers after i said im making a police report today if he doesn't. threats work.
Old 01-24-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 43%

OP: Family crimes are very difficult to deal with. I'm sure you have a love/hate relationship with your brother. It's just a shame he is hooked on drugs and resorted to doing this to you. I have witnessed similar things in my own family over the years, and were there was a lot of pain associated with it.

First and foremost, you need to protect yourself from any debts that come out of this you didn't make. PayPal cannot hold you responsible for a fraudulent act made on behalf of a third party.
The Following User Says Thank You to nickopedia For This Useful Post:
buckwheats (01-25-2019)
Old 01-25-2019

Longevity: 31%

Yeah just like everyone else is saying, you shouldn't of told paypal your brother stole your money. Should have just acted dumb and said you were hacked.

As for your brother, personally once someone part of my family steals from me I no longer consider them blood and whatever happens happens
The Following User Says Thank You to Pegasus2eyes For This Useful Post:
buckwheats (01-25-2019)
Old 01-25-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,039 Times in 773 Posts
Activity: 39%
Longevity: 81%

Call me suspicious but not sure I swallow the "brother" story due to previous posts about selling counterfeit stamps, and being banned from Ebay forums for threatening to take an Ebay employee hostage

BigCJ (01-29-2019), buckwheats (01-25-2019), dealagreeproceed (01-29-2019), tinsoldier (01-29-2019)
Old 01-25-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sax4 View Post
Call me suspicious but not sure I swallow the "brother" story due to previous posts about selling counterfeit stamps, and being banned from Ebay forums for threatening to take an Ebay employee hostage

that was last year when i melted down after i went below standard for one month and ebay punished my listings to the bottom of best match for an eternity afterwards -_-

which lead to me buying a stealth account and starting on my aspkin journey kk.
Old 01-25-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegasus2eyes View Post
Yeah just like everyone else is saying, you shouldn't of told paypal your brother stole your money. Should have just acted dumb and said you were hacked.

As for your brother, personally once someone part of my family steals from me I no longer consider them blood and whatever happens happens
i realized this when i was on the phone.... gotta come here first before i get on the phone with anyone.
Old 01-25-2019

Longevity: 30%

The paypal is right in this case. Anyone can do thing like this and paypal will be scammed. Just go to the police
The Following User Says Thank You to Miyagi_86 For This Useful Post:
buckwheats (01-25-2019)
Old 01-25-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickopedia View Post
OP: Family crimes are very difficult to deal with. I'm sure you have a love/hate relationship with your brother. It's just a shame he is hooked on drugs and resorted to doing this to you. I have witnessed similar things in my own family over the years, and were there was a lot of pain associated with it.

First and foremost, you need to protect yourself from any debts that come out of this you didn't make. PayPal cannot hold you responsible for a fraudulent act made on behalf of a third party.
he was a cryptocurrency millionaire before he invested 800k of his money in a shady blockchain thing from a eastern european country i can't pronounce.

he only ever tried drugs and got addicted to them in the first place a bit over a year ago since he started buying all of them from online with his newfound wealth. he also bought 5 cars but he has 0 cars left...

Last edited by buckwheats; 01-25-2019 at 03:21 PM.
Old 01-25-2019

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sax4 View Post

omg I'm dead
Old 01-29-2019

Longevity: 54%

if my brother stole 10k from me, I wouldn't threaten him for police action.......

I would pretend I have absolutely no idea and continue my day like normal.........

keep your friends close and enemies closer......I would just act friendly the entire time until a opportune moment.

then go get a ghost gun......and lure him in the middle of the desert with a burner.......

then pray for him because hes about to meet his maker.........

then go find my mother and father who brought him into this life and take them with him to the grave also.

Last edited by H4ck; 01-29-2019 at 10:11 AM.
Old 01-29-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Ok so options are
a) call the police and report your bro's theft
b) call PP acting dumb saying your account was hacked
c) kill your mom, dad, and bro in the desert using a gun with no serial number

For some reason c seems extreme..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (01-29-2019), JamesNorth101 (01-29-2019), nickopedia (01-29-2019)
Old 01-29-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,197 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 63%

Maybe we should start a poll?

A, B or C folks?
The Following User Says Thank You to JamesNorth101 For This Useful Post:
donkeykong2012 (01-29-2019)