Funds are Eligible for Withdrawal, but can't add a bank account?! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 06-30-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 75%
Default Funds are Eligible for Withdrawal, but can't add a bank account?!

After 180 days it is now allowing me to withdraw, but the account doesn't let me add a bank account. Any suggestions? Is the only way to get the money out in this case is to request a check? If I do so, will I have any problem cashing it if I write on it "Pay to the order of [my real name]"?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-30-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

If you request a check it will be sent to the address on file and the name on the account. You can't ask them to send you the check in "Your Name".

Crazy question but, Why did you not have a bank account attached to your Paypal?
Old 06-30-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Call them.
Old 07-01-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Agree - call or e-mail. Be proactive on this.
Old 07-01-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepia2 View Post
After 180 days it is now allowing me to withdraw, but the account doesn't let me add a bank account. Any suggestions? Is the only way to get the money out in this case is to request a check? If I do so, will I have any problem cashing it if I write on it "Pay to the order of [my real name]"?
Getting a check would be your last option.

Listen to the advise and call them....

Make sure there's nothing (else) going on with your account.

Heard of this happening B4.
User got email of release but paypal still tried to hold on to the funds.

Act on this
Old 07-07-2012
Threadstarter  

That account has a made up female name on it and I'm a guy... lol Guess I'm screwed?
Old 11-25-2012

Longevity: 67%

i also has this prob on one of my stealth acc.
tried to call them , but they are currently closed at this moment, so i send them an email ,
and let's see what will happen tomorrow.
Old 11-25-2012

Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepia2 View Post
Not sure if I would call getting a check as the last option.

With paypal, especially after they have raped you, may not be the wisest to add a bank account.

Calling them is the best option and if check is an option, maybe the better option, atleast in my book.

No point in giving up your bank account to them, even if everything looks good.
Old 11-26-2012

Longevity: 67%

hi all , so this is what i said to paypal trough email :
i log in to my paypal and contact us > email
select negative balance/limitation > how do i resolve my limitation >and i insert my case id.

"Dear Paypal, i have already received your email that state my funds are eligible for withdrawal , but my problem is , i can't add any bank account .
also i see in the first page i log in to my account that my account is limited and 180 days has passed and i have ability to witdhraw my money.
could you please help me to give me the ability for adding bank account and withdraw my money which i have been waiting for 180 days?"

and in 12 hours they replied to me :
Dear xxxx,

Thank you for contacting PayPal in regard to the withdrawal issue.

We've reset the withdrawal limit on your PayPal account. You may add your bank account and initiate withdrawal funds.

Here’s how to add the bank account :

1. Click 'Profile' near the top of the page.

2. Click ‘Bank Accounts’ under ‘Financial Information.’

3. Click ‘Add.’

4. Enter your bank’s information.

5. Review the account information and click ‘Add Bank Account’ to add your bank account.

Here's how to withdraw funds from your PayPal account to your bank account:
1. Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click 'Withdraw' at the top of the page.
3. Click 'Withdraw funds to your bank account'.
4. Enter the required information and click 'Continue'.
5. click 'Submit'.

Here's how to withdraw funds by requesting a check:
3. Click 'Request a check from PayPal'.
4. Enter the required information.
5. Click 'Continue'.

Note:
- There's a $5 USD fee for each check withdrawal.
- All members can withdraw funds to a U.S. bank account. Your money should become available within 3 to 4 business days, depending on your bank's policies.

Thank you for using PayPal for your online payment needs.

and i tried to add bank account and witdhraw Success :D
all the best for you guys
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chrishiella For This Useful Post:
hero2598 (07-01-2017), stepia2 (12-13-2012)
Old 11-26-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 96%

Yeah, just send them an email, no need to call really for a minor issue like that. The customer service monkeys used to be human once, so they still have a tiny bit of trace of humanity left inside of them. If you email them and play dumb saying that you can't add a bank account, they will likely add the option for you.
Old 12-13-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrishiella View Post
hi all , so this is what i said to paypal trough email :
i log in to my paypal and contact us > email
select negative balance/limitation > how do i resolve my limitation >and i insert my case id.

"Dear Paypal, i have already received your email that state my funds are eligible for withdrawal , but my problem is , i can't add any bank account .
also i see in the first page i log in to my account that my account is limited and 180 days has passed and i have ability to witdhraw my money.
could you please help me to give me the ability for adding bank account and withdraw my money which i have been waiting for 180 days?"

and in 12 hours they replied to me :
Dear xxxx,

Thank you for contacting PayPal in regard to the withdrawal issue.

We've reset the withdrawal limit on your PayPal account. You may add your bank account and initiate withdrawal funds.

Here’s how to add the bank account :

1. Click 'Profile' near the top of the page.

2. Click ‘Bank Accounts’ under ‘Financial Information.’

3. Click ‘Add.’

4. Enter your bank’s information.

5. Review the account information and click ‘Add Bank Account’ to add your bank account.

Here's how to withdraw funds from your PayPal account to your bank account:
3. Click 'Withdraw funds to your bank account'.
4. Enter the required information and click 'Continue'.
5. click 'Submit'.

Here's how to withdraw funds by requesting a check:
3. Click 'Request a check from PayPal'.
4. Enter the required information.
5. Click 'Continue'.

Note:
- There's a $5 USD fee for each check withdrawal.
- All members can withdraw funds to a U.S. bank account. Your money should become available within 3 to 4 business days, depending on your bank's policies.

Thank you for using PayPal for your online payment needs.

and i tried to add bank account and witdhraw Success :D
all the best for you guys
Oh that is really nice to know. I have a large amount of money stuck, so I emailed Paypal countless number of times and they never did anything like this for me.
Old 12-13-2012
Executive [VIP]

I have called them up when a recent glitch problem occurred. There was no problem
Old 01-24-2019

Longevity: 30%
Default Re: Funds are Eligible for Withdrawal, but can't add a bank account?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
If you request a check it will be sent to the address on file and the name on the account. You can't ask them to send you the check in "Your Name".

Crazy question but, Why did you not have a bank account attached to your Paypal?

I opened a new bank account and waited a day for it to do the $1.00 verification deposit. It was new and I opened it with no money, so the account was empty. Paypal tried to withdraw .16 cents first, before making a deposit. My bank told me that that was illegal so they blocked them trying to withdraw the $.16. Meanwhile my new eBay made 3 sales which went into the paypal balance. I added money to the bank account and tried to re-connect but got the message this thread is talking about to try again later, they were unable to connect it. I call paypal, now they tell me they need to verify my SSN and photo ID.

Is this because I made money from the 3 sales and I was supposed to not make over $100.00 within the first 180 days? I also connected the paypal to a storenvy account which asked me to upgrade to a business account which I selected to do, having an EIN number I could use.

I'm about to abandon this paypal all together, when I called to figure it out, the woman wanted to "very the account" with security questions. You know those questions that are like "which street is not associated with you, 'random street,' 'a street you grew up on,' and 'another random street" and they were associated with my identity.

I didn't verify, I just hung up. But is it safe to say that they've linked my old account with this one? VPN aside, did I go wrong by making money on the sales?

Also, is there a way for me to access the money on this account now? Should I just keep calling to catch an American employee who may be more reasonable?
Old 01-24-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 43%

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsukumii View Post
I opened a new bank account and waited a day for it to do the $1.00 verification deposit. It was new and I opened it with no money, so the account was empty. Paypal tried to withdraw .16 cents first, before making a deposit. My bank told me that that was illegal so they blocked them trying to withdraw the $.16. Meanwhile my new eBay made 3 sales which went into the paypal balance. I added money to the bank account and tried to re-connect but got the message this thread is talking about to try again later, they were unable to connect it. I call paypal, now they tell me they need to verify my SSN and photo ID.

Is this because I made money from the 3 sales and I was supposed to not make over $100.00 within the first 180 days? I also connected the paypal to a storenvy account which asked me to upgrade to a business account which I selected to do, having an EIN number I could use.

I'm about to abandon this paypal all together, when I called to figure it out, the woman wanted to "very the account" with security questions. You know those questions that are like "which street is not associated with you, 'random street,' 'a street you grew up on,' and 'another random street" and they were associated with my identity.

I didn't verify, I just hung up. But is it safe to say that they've linked my old account with this one? VPN aside, did I go wrong by making money on the sales?

Also, is there a way for me to access the money on this account now? Should I just keep calling to catch an American employee who may be more reasonable?
So your bank told you that a mismatched name on your account is "illegal" ?

What bank are you using with this PayPal?

I hate to say it, but the person who told you that is a 1st Class Certified Idiot.

This sounds like something that Chase Bank would tell you. That bank is full of morons. They are one of the "big 5" US banks that does crap like that.
Old 01-24-2019
Executive [VIP]

wow old thread revival - imjustme....haven't seen him in a long time