Can't get passed PayPal's 'Quick Security Check' - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 01-23-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 30%
Default Can't get passed PayPal's 'Quick Security Check'

I'm trying to figure out a solution to get around this as I'm trying to send money to someone and I can't cause the 'Quick Security Check' They have on.

What's weird I was able to send this morning to buy something but it seems now they added this out of the blue and I'm stuck trying to find answers.

I'm not trying to call Paypal either and I don't even have a phone since mines broke recently but regardless I wouldn't have called since this account is new and it's under a relatives Information, with SSN, Name, Address etc.

Only thing is that it's not phone verified but it has everything else that's needed.

I already wasted more than 5 hours looking for a solution and it urks me a lot and i made an account on here to ask for someone knowledgeable that has a possible solution.

The account is also new and I'm currently using it to sell off of.

My Original Paypal is under review for Tax Id and it has been a while now with that and since I didn't want to waste any more time I decided to just use the account I made the name under my relative and like an idiot wouldn't think I get into a problem this small yet so troublesome.

Any help or suggestions would gladly be appreciated cause I'm feeling a little desperate at the moment..
The Following User Says Thank You to ZSX For This Useful Post:
phaz0rz (01-23-2019)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-23-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 43%
Default Re: Can't get passed PayPal's 'Quick Security Check'

This is happening a lot more now.

It's means a security flag has been tripped and if you recently changed your # or use a VOIP or Google Voice you are not passing it easily without calling in. If you call in they will ask you the security questions, which if you don't pass, they won't let you proceed.

This is the new type of limitation. I have a few PayPal's in the same situsation, and even after several weeks it doesn't seem to go away. The only phone numbers they will accept seem to be REAL cell phones from the "big 4" carriers: Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, and Sprint. I was told this once by a rep. I have yet to try a prepaid yet, however. It can't seem to pass the CNAM check anyway- will always say "this phone number isn't in your name" error.
Old 01-23-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickopedia View Post
This is happening a lot more now.

It's means a security flag has been tripped and if you recently changed your # or use a VOIP or Google Voice you are not passing it easily without calling in. If you call in they will ask you the security questions, which if you don't pass, they won't let you proceed.

This is the new type of limitation. I have a few PayPal's in the same situsation, and even after several weeks it doesn't seem to go away. The only phone numbers they will accept seem to be REAL cell phones from the "big 4" carriers: Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, and Sprint. I was told this once by a rep. I have yet to try a prepaid yet, however. It can't seem to pass the CNAM check anyway- will always say "this phone number isn't in your name" error.
Yeah this seems to be very annoying.

The funny thing is my Original PayPal never had a problem with this situation just the new PayPal i recently made.

Also is it true that if i add a VCC that it can remove it?? I read somewhere that it's a possibility.

My Original is a Business account and this one is a Personal.
Old 01-23-2019

Longevity: 39%

Verizon let's you change cnam. Get a plan for a month to pass adding the phone. If you need funds out add a debit card and withdrawal goes through instant even if you just added it. Won't let you add bank but debit card they're ok with I guess. Lol
The Following User Says Thank You to jporter396 For This Useful Post:
nickopedia (01-24-2019)
Old 01-23-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jporter396 View Post
Verizon let's you change cnam. Get a plan for a month to pass adding the phone. If you need funds out add a debit card and withdrawal goes through instant even if you just added it. Won't let you add bank but debit card they're ok with I guess. Lol
Does the name on the card need to match the PayPal account??

Also i don't live in the U.S so this isn't possible for me...
Old 01-23-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZSX View Post
Does the name on the card need to match the PayPal account??

Also i don't live in the U.S so this isn't possible for me...
Paypal can't see the name on the card - they see the name you provide them...
Old 01-23-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Paypal can't see the name on the card - they see the name you provide them...
So i can use any card, connect it to my Paypal and take out my PayPal to my Credi/Debit Card?? Correct??
Old 01-24-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 43%

The part about adding a VCC seems interesting. Of course you don't want to add a "crap" VCC, like one from overseas. There are USA BINs that work better and I buy them on another marketplace. I'll need to try this and see if it does anything to get past the "quick security check".

This is more than an annoying issue. I'm seeing it more and more now.
Old 01-24-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickopedia View Post
The part about adding a VCC seems interesting. Of course you don't want to add a "crap" VCC, like one from overseas. There are USA BINs that work better and I buy them on another marketplace. I'll need to try this and see if it does anything to get past the "quick security check".

This is more than an annoying issue. I'm seeing it more and more now.
Actually the theory could be correct cause when i first opened my Original Paypal 4 years ago, the first thing i ever did to make it more authentic was add a VCC.

Maybe that's why I never got the 'quick verify' on that account, not even once.

Also can anyone answer my question about adding any Credit/Debit card to a Paypal to add money (transfer) to it without no problems if the names don't match??
nickopedia (01-24-2019)
Old 01-24-2019

Longevity: 54%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jporter396 View Post
correct me if I am wrong, verizon-cnam trick does not work nemore.
Old 01-24-2019
Threadstarter  

'Also can anyone answer my question about adding any Credit/Debit card to a Paypal to add money (transfer) to it without no problems if the names don't match??'

Can anyone answer this question?? PLEASE!!...
Old 01-24-2019
Threadstarter  

UPDATE!!

It seems the quick verification went away today and i was able to send the money, feel lucky right now but i got a question.

What do i need to do now to prevent this from happening again??? Just a phone number with the name on it???
Old 01-24-2019

Longevity: 54%

Quote:
UPDATE!!

It seems the quick verification went away today and i was able to send the money, feel lucky right now but i got a question.

What do i need to do now to prevent this from happening again??? Just a phone number with the name on it???
jporter needs to respond, about the cnam trick if it still actually works today......

I don't believe what he is describing works nemore.......
Old 01-24-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarsky541 View Post
jporter needs to respond, about the cnam trick if it still actually works today......

I don't believe what he is describing works nemore.......
I really think adding a VCC or Debit/Credit Card will solve the problem.

But where can I get a VCC around here?? My last contact for this disappeared.
nickopedia (01-24-2019)
Old 01-26-2019
Threadstarter  

Alright, seemed the problem came back and it's killing me.. Can't pay my suppliers and it's starting to become a burden.

Any other possible solutions?? Ugh ....
Old 01-26-2019

Longevity: 41%

try loggin in on different device or browser with different IP, a "quick security check" is quick
Old 01-26-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckev26 View Post
try loggin in on different device or browser with different IP, a "quick security check" is quick
Wouldn't that make PayPal suspicious if i logged in with a different IP since i always use my original one??

Also what about a VPNA>? Would that work??
Old 01-26-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
So i can use any card, connect it to my Paypal and take out my PayPal to my Credi/Debit Card?? Correct??
You can connect it sure but taking the funds out will depend if the card allows for mismatched name transfers...
Old 01-26-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
You can connect it sure but taking the funds out will depend if the card allows for mismatched name transfers...
Ahh ok then makes sense, I really need all this small information as the little things usually end up screwing things over, so better safe than sorry.

One thing I did through a while back is that my money got stuck in an account and I had to call PayPal to let me use a different credit card under a different name and they let me.

But since this PayPal I'm using is under my brother's name and Paypal already knows my voice tone I don't think I can just say I'm my brother etc.

Hmm got money and i need to send or transfer it cause of the stupid 'quick verify' and I don't get too many options, my brother doesn;t have a credit card or bank account so it seems I need to find a solution for it, all the account has that makes it decent is his SSN but even then I would need a phone # with his name on it and a Credit Card/Bank with his name also and I could make so much money.... :/
Old 01-26-2019

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 72%

Quote:
Ahh ok then makes sense, I really need all this small information as the little things usually end up screwing things over, so better safe than sorry.

One thing I did through a while back is that my money got stuck in an account and I had to call PayPal to let me use a different credit card under a different name and they let me.

But since this PayPal I'm using is under my brother's name and Paypal already knows my voice tone I don't think I can just say I'm my brother etc.

Hmm got money and i need to send or transfer it cause of the stupid 'quick verify' and I don't get too many options, my brother doesn;t have a credit card or bank account so it seems I need to find a solution for it, all the account has that makes it decent is his SSN but even then I would need a phone # with his name on it and a Credit Card/Bank with his name also and I could make so much money.... :/
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the CNAM only care about matching the last name? For example, if my PP account is in the name Joe Smith but the phone is under the name Mike Smith... it will pass? Because when I ran into this issue on one of my accounts about a year or so ago this worked for me.
Old 01-26-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyjump View Post
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the CNAM only care about matching the last name? For example, if my PP account is in the name Joe Smith but the phone is under the name Mike Smith... it will pass? Because when I ran into this issue on one of my accounts about a year or so ago this worked for me.
I don't know bro, all i know is that a VCC could be a possible solution but i can't even take out any money at the moment.

But I'm literally gonna need a phone with his name on it... Would a cheap flip phone work?? Also recommended Carrier?? Is Verizon is best for this???
Old 01-27-2019

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 72%

Quote:
I don't know bro, all i know is that a VCC could be a possible solution but i can't even take out any money at the moment.

But I'm literally gonna need a phone with his name on it... Would a cheap flip phone work?? Also recommended Carrier?? Is Verizon is best for this???
Big 4 carriers for sure work. I use Verizon in my case a year ago and it was in my name. Stealth was in same last name, but different first name. So it may work for you to just use your own Verizon line. I was able to withdraw after I got past the security check and haven't ran into the problem since.