need help please, IP issues, lots of details... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 08-03-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 85%
Default need help please, IP issues, lots of details...

Okay, this post will probably be long, so I thank whoever helps me in advance for reading it all and replying!

A couple of years ago, I created several seller accounts in case I ever needed them. Well, I was just suspended so it looks like I'll have to start using them. I lived in Texas when I did this and now I live in Florida. So I'm assuming once I log on I'll need to change the information since my IP will be here in FL, right? Here are my issues/details/questions:

-For the credit card information on all of them, I used those "virtual" numbers you can get from your actual credit card company-they give you a temporary number that links directly to your actual account to do things like shop safely online. It only works once, for the specified amount you list and then becomes disabled. I did this with my Chase credit card. However, these "virtual" numbers only last 30 days, and they were created 2+ years ago, so they've all expired. Is ebay going to require me to update that information before I start selling?

-I cannot change my IP address. I have cable internet and also have a router for a laptop we have here (though I use my PC for everything, my husband mainly uses the laptop). Everytime I try to do something like this, it screws up my router for weeks as well as most of the time, it doesn't even change the IP address. What are my other options for this? I've heard of something called a proxy? What is it, where do I find it and how do I use it?

-Do I need to change my IP address every time I want to log onto my ebay account(s), not just the initial time I set them up? If so, wouldn't ebay notice that I have a different IP address every time I log on to an account and wouldn't that seem fishy to them?

-I saw something about ebay needing a real phone number to call you on to verify BEFORE they authorize you to sell. Is this true? If so, how do I do this?

-Can I just add the new email address to my same paypal account and delete the old email address from the suspended account off my paypal?

Again, I"m sorry that this is so long but these are questions I can't find elsewhere. Please feel free to talk to me like I'm an idiot so I can better understand, LOL. It will be appreciated!

Last edited by veggiegymrat; 08-03-2009 at 08:29 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-03-2009
Threadstarter  

Also, is it okay to use Seller Sourcebook and just change the username everytime I get a new account? It always asks for a "token" to link the accounts so it uploads the auctions to ebay...does this matter?
Old 08-04-2009
Threadstarter  

anyone????
Old 08-04-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbennett View Post
So I'm assuming once I log on I'll need to change the information since my IP will be here in FL, right?
Not necessarily. They mainly compare location IP when you APPLY.

Quote:
Here are my issues/details/questions:

Is ebay going to require me to update that information before I start selling?
only if they find out the card is expired. if you aren't late on your fees, they'll never know.

Quote:
-I cannot change my IP address. I have cable internet and also have a router for a laptop we have here (though I use my PC for everything, my husband mainly uses the laptop).
yes you can. there's a thread about it.

Quote:
Everytime I try to do something like this, it screws up my router for weeks as well as most of the time, it doesn't even change the IP address.
you are doing something wrong. bad instructions, maybe. or you aren't following properly.

Quote:
What are my other options for this? I've heard of something called a proxy? What is it, where do I find it and how do I use it?
if you can't change router MAC, you aren't ready to try a proxy. it's more complicated AND ebay/pp don't like proxies.

Quote:
-Do I need to change my IP address every time I want to log onto my ebay account(s), not just the initial time I set them up?
no. you can ignore it and get linked.

Quote:
If so, wouldn't ebay notice that I have a different IP address every time I log on to an account and wouldn't that seem fishy to them?
they notice, but it's no big deal. it's not fishy to them at all.

Quote:
-I saw something about ebay needing a real phone number to call you on to verify BEFORE they authorize you to sell. Is this true? If so, how do I do this?
it is true. get a virtual number that forwards to a real phone you can answer.

Quote:
-Can I just add the new email address to my same paypal account and delete the old email address from the suspended account off my paypal?
I wouldn't.

Quote:
Again, I"m sorry that this is so long but these are questions I can't find elsewhere. Please feel free to talk to me like I'm an idiot so I can better understand, LOL. It will be appreciated!
each of these questions should have been asked seperately. before asking, you should have searched the forum for the answers. it's all already here. look around.

At least now you have the short answers and you know the info exists. if you need more complete understanding, start reading.
Old 08-04-2009

CJ, use the forum search function to look for and the questions you have (ie., change IP address, paypal email address, etc.). Have you purchased the Stealth eBook yet CJ? if not, I would suggest you do so.

I spend many hours a day going through the threads in this forum to try to soak up and learn as much as I can. What I have found helpful to me is to click on the "NEW POSTS" link above in the menu, it's helped me follow some very good discussions.
Old 08-04-2009
Threadstarter  

I just got finished reading the book. I'm still left with a few questions but overall much more clear. Vic, I did search most of this but honestly, I got overwhelmed with the info on the forums and found it difficult to find a clear and concise answer.

I'm noticing that I'll have to pay for a phone forwarding service among other services I'll have to pay for, and I don't make a whole lot on ebay. I mostly sell cosmetics which isn't super profitable. My account got suspended and I honestly have no idea why-I sell legit cosmetics with no shady stuff. Everytime I emailed them to ask, they refused to answer me and I just got the automated crap reply.

So before you can start selling, they call you, no matter what? If so, is it just an automated system that calls or how does that work?

Can anyone answer the Seller Sourcebook question? Auctiva charges now so I went with ssb. Thanks!!!
Old 08-04-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

cj,
You are running B4 you can walk. Don't take this the wrong way but you want too much too soon. Sort out the following:
can you get the suspended account back? What was the reason (type of suspension?) There may be a soultion.
Prepare to make back-up accounts. At this stage, you are only going to make the accounts: selling is for later when you are COMPETENT
More importantly, calm down. You rush now, you will trip over.
btw, even though you pay for auctiva, it allows better anonimity.
Old 08-04-2009
Threadstarter  

The email I got said I was permanently suspended. It said I was linked with a suspended account, but that's not true because I've never had another suspended account.

I like to take notes so I can refer to them when I need the answer.

I'm more competent than you think, but thanks for the tip.
Old 08-04-2009
Vicvelcro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbennett View Post
Vic, I did search most of this but honestly, I got overwhelmed with the info on the forums and found it difficult to find a clear and concise answer.
Ok, I can relate to that statement.

Quote:
I don't make a whole lot on ebay. I mostly sell cosmetics which isn't super profitable.
Step up your volume or your profit margin to accomodate the overhead.

Quote:
So before you can start selling, they call you, no matter what? If so, is it just an automated system that calls or how does that work?
It's automated. You give a number (no extension number allowed), a computer voice prompts you to enter a number that was shown on your screen. You're done. Don't miss the call. Don't get the number wrong.

Quote:
Can anyone answer the Seller Sourcebook question? Auctiva charges now so I went with ssb. Thanks!!!
This one, I can't help with. Never heard of it.
Old 08-04-2009

Longevity: 90%

You can use sellersource book, i have in the past, HOWEVER, it also costs per month,so,
spend the extra 3 bucks and at least auctiva will aloow you to see bids,watchers and stats WITHOUT having to log into eBay frequently to check these things, so basically you will need to log in to eBay only to answer questions and pay fees, hence staying in stealth mode
My suggestion is to re-read the stealth guide,( i read mine at least 20 times) you need to study that guide like a bible, follow the guidlines and advice and you`ll be sucessful.
Alot of research and testing was put in that guide and it has all you need to suceed, that paired with the info in these forums are priceless.

Goodluck
Moonchild
Old 08-05-2009
Threadstarter  

Yes, I've read the book 3 times, LOL, and now I'm taking condensed notes.

Thanks for the info guys. I actually have been using seller sourcebook for several months now and really like it. I only ever logged onto ebay to answer questions. However, it was when I had one very valid and normal account (still have no clue why they suspended me for being linked to another suspended account, not mine). Anyways, my main concern was if you add multiple ebay id's to ssb, can it be tracked? Not sure on that since I've never had to do so, and can't find anyone that uses them. which is odd for me because they have been very good for me.

Anyway, thanks again!

Last edited by veggiegymrat; 08-05-2009 at 03:21 PM.
Old 08-05-2009
Vicvelcro

The linking thing: somebody used the same address you use. Maybe a previous resident.

OR

Somebody don't like you and phaked up a new account with your info, to get you booted out.
Old 08-05-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicvelcro View Post
The linking thing: somebody used the same address you use. Maybe a previous resident.

OR

Somebody don't like you and phaked up a new account with your info, to get you booted out.
well booooooooooo on that! Sucks! Grrrr, and they gave me an indefinite suspension...I swear the CIA should get together with ebay-they could make amazing leaps and bounds together.