Paypal Add Bank Error- "Sorry we can't process at this time, please try again later" - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 01-27-2019

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 72%
Default Paypal Add Bank Error- "Sorry we can't process at this time, please try again later"

Tried this on a few accounts over the weekend and keep getting this error. Accounts that already have bank accounts linked I have no problem with. No limitations on any accounts. I feel like I've encountered this before and just had to be patient... probably the case here but was curious if anybody had any idea what was going on.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-27-2019
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Paypal Add Bank Error- "Sorry we can't process at this time, please try again lat

And no, I'm not calling in to PP.
Old 01-28-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 30%
Default Re: Paypal Add Bank Error- "Sorry we can't process at this time, please try again lat

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyjump View Post
And no, I'm not calling in to PP.
I can tell you from my own exact experience this is due to Paypal’s internal security system. The only thing you can do is wait 72+ hours, try again, if that doesn’t work YOU NEED to call Paypal and get a rep to remove the security block. Usually it’s just a few easy questions. Good luck!
Old 01-28-2019
Threadstarter  

At this point it seems to be happening to any account that I try to add a bank to. What kind of questions do they ask?
Old 01-28-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 43%

What is your setup? What type of IP's are you using? Public VPN?
Old 01-28-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickopedia View Post
What is your setup? What type of IP's are you using? Public VPN?
Mobile hotspot. I've had the same setup for almost 4 years now and I think I encountered this once and it just went away after a few days or so.
Old 01-28-2019
Threadstarter  

Considering adding a card to one of these accounts to withdraw to. Issue is the bank account the card is for is linked to another account. I have zero experience with cards on Paypal as I usually just link a prepaid and don't withdraw through them. Other potential issue is the name and address on the card doesn't match account info. Would PP be able to see the name and address on the card?
Old 01-28-2019
Threadstarter  

Still able to add cards and seems like I'm able to request checks. Just won't let me add a bank.
Old 01-28-2019

Longevity: 58%

You will get the same error message when trying to request a check as well. I cannot seem to find a permanent solution to this error myself.
Old 01-28-2019
Threadstarter  

I havent tried to get a check yet but have gone to the screen just havent clicked submit. Was just curious if it would let me go to the first screen
Old 02-05-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 61%

How many accounts are you getting this error with?

I had the same thing happen today. Happening on 3 accounts so far. These accounts are NOT limited. They are all in good standing.

The last time I added a bank successfully was Jan 4 on a new account with no sales.

The accounts that I am trying to add a bank with have $300-$700 in available balance from sales made slowly over the past 4 months.

Has anybody successfully added a bank within the past week or so?

Last edited by nodeal; 02-05-2019 at 10:50 AM.
Old 02-05-2019

Longevity: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodeal View Post
How many accounts are you getting this error with?

I had the same thing happen today. Happening on 3 accounts so far. These accounts are NOT limited. They are all in good standing.

The last time I added a bank successfully was Jan 4 on a new account with no sales.

The accounts that I am trying to add a bank with have $300-$700 in available balance from sales made slowly over the past 4 months.

Has anybody successfully added a bank within the past week or so?
Yes, I have added TransferWise US bank account to a US PP and it worked, three hours ago I got an email saying transfer is processing and estimate is 1day.
Old 02-05-2019
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddm50 View Post
Yes, I have added TransferWise US bank account to a US PP and it worked, three hours ago I got an email saying transfer is processing and estimate is 1day.
Good to hear. I am trying to narrow down the reasons why this is happening. I just tried calling PP and they claimed they needed my social to add a bank.
Old 02-05-2019
Executive [VIP]

I was able to add on banks to a few pay pals today and I am trying to find the differences between the accounts that let me add banks vs the accounts that do not let me add a bank. So far the only difference I can really see is that the accounts that do not let me add a bank were accounts that I purchased from the marketplace.

I have so many accounts running successfully that I purchased from here that I find this hard to imagine that it is the differentiating factor.

I am also concerned that when I go to add a bank and it does not work, that bank is becoming blacklisted. When I called PayPal they asked me: "are you trying to add bank ending in ####?" So since they knew the last 4 of the bank I was trying to add, there is some record keeping going on.
Old 02-05-2019

Longevity: 54%

Quote:
I was able to add on banks to a few pay pals today and I am trying to find the differences between the accounts that let me add banks vs the accounts that do not let me add a bank. So far the only difference I can really see is that the accounts that do not let me add a bank were accounts that I purchased from the marketplace.

I have so many accounts running successfully that I purchased from here that I find this hard to imagine that it is the differentiating factor.

I am also concerned that when I go to add a bank and it does not work, that bank is becoming blacklisted. When I called PayPal they asked me: "are you trying to add bank ending in ####?" So since they knew the last 4 of the bank I was trying to add, there is some record keeping going on.
the names are mismatched between the paypal and bank account and you were able to add banks?
Old 02-05-2019
Executive [VIP]

Yes the banks that I successfully added on today had names that were mismatched.

Being as though all my accounts are stealth - all my banks are mismatched with the names on the PP.
Old 02-05-2019

Longevity: 54%

ok...
Old 02-05-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Yes the banks that I successfully added on today had names that were mismatched.

Being as though all my accounts are stealth - all my banks are mismatched with the names on the PP.
This is standard stealth practice and works well for many banks though
Old 02-05-2019
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
This is standard stealth practice and works well for many banks though
Yes rsot I agree. I am not suspicious of the mismatched names causing the errors I am getting.

If they are, then that would be a big problem.
Old 02-05-2019

Longevity: 47%

Do you think that banks have a new updated system do to mismatching names over the years and so many problems with paypal and banks?

Sure the law is paypal can't see the bank name, but maybe banks give the names to paypal on there own to say "So and so has opened up an account with us can you verify?" and then PP might say "So and so? No that's not what we got!" FLAGGED.

I been thinking of this in the last week, at some points security will upgrade and get harder over time.
Old 02-06-2019

Longevity: 46%

I just was able to add a bank today. The first time i tried it gave me an error but i exited out and went back to it and added it and it was successful. All is well.
Old 02-06-2019

Longevity: 88%

Be careful, I called and they knew which bank I was trying to add and the reason behind it was they needed to "verify my identity". It's not random, and has NOTHING to do with your browser. It is a security feature PayPal has added.