MC011, what to answer to this? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK eBay Suspensions

UK eBay Suspensions General issues related to UK eBay suspensions

Old 12-04-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 56%
Default MC011, what to answer to this?

So I was selling fitness trackers which were refurbished and were being sent out straight from the manufacturer.

Basically the company was shipping "replacement devices" by using the warranty of the original tracker. not sure if it make sense? but I always listed it as a refurbished item etc and buyers knew what they were getting, yes blackhat lol.

So Ive had a few issues with some buyers, they were saying that the item wasn't working, I refunded a bunch of them and took the loss. like 8 buyers from 50...

Ive sold these items for a month MAX. not even 50 sales of fitness trackers.
before selling this stuff I used to dropship from Amazon and never had an issue. I have over 400 feedback and made over 150,000$ on ebay, it wasnt a new account.

So after replying to their email, I provided them with a lot of invoices but they are 0$ since they are replacements from the original device. I told them I was dropshipping them and those invoices were the only thing I had.

The rep is asking for the " DROPSHIPPING AGREEMENT with my provider"?
So Idk what to do, should I buy ⊗⊗⊗⊗ docs or what would you do?

Ive got an invoice from a company for fitbits but I never bougth anything from them, it was just to get an invoice lol, should I send that in? will they even bother contacting them? some insight? or should I just say the truth
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-04-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: MC011, what to answer to this?

The fitbit replacement scam is well-known. Frankly it sounds like they found out what you were doing. They are probably specifically asking for your "dropshipping agreement" because they know a lot of sellers make a living scamming Fitbit.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
aexit (12-04-2018)
Old 12-04-2018
dbhana121

Longevity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by aexit View Post
So I was selling fitness trackers which were refurbished and were being sent out straight from the manufacturer.

Basically the company was shipping "replacement devices" by using the warranty of the original tracker. not sure if it make sense? but I always listed it as a refurbished item etc and buyers knew what they were getting, yes blackhat lol.

So Ive had a few issues with some buyers, they were saying that the item wasn't working, I refunded a bunch of them and took the loss. like 8 buyers from 50...

Ive sold these items for a month MAX. not even 50 sales of fitness trackers.
before selling this stuff I used to dropship from Amazon and never had an issue. I have over 400 feedback and made over 150,000$ on ebay, it wasnt a new account.

So after replying to their email, I provided them with a lot of invoices but they are 0$ since they are replacements from the original device. I told them I was dropshipping them and those invoices were the only thing I had.

The rep is asking for the " DROPSHIPPING AGREEMENT with my provider"?
So Idk what to do, should I buy ⊗⊗⊗⊗ docs or what would you do?

Ive got an invoice from a company for fitbits but I never bougth anything from them, it was just to get an invoice lol, should I send that in? will they even bother contacting them? some insight? or should I just say the truth
Social engineer where what tbh, i would phone ebay and explain the situation to the rep and state that the invoices will mark 0 due to the products being replacements, and state that you've already sent the invoices in and can do so again, just be polite
Old 12-04-2018
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 56%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbhana121 View Post
Social engineer where what tbh, i would phone ebay and explain the situation to the rep and state that the invoices will mark 0 due to the products being replacements, and state that you've already sent the invoices in and can do so again, just be polite
Well I thought about doing that but then they will say, and how do you get the replacements )) , yea well I had like 40-50 trackers at home and replaced them ya know , what could I say

and yea its FIT BIT LOL
Old 01-24-2019

Longevity: 31%

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
The fitbit replacement scam is well-known. Frankly it sounds like they found out what you were doing. They are probably specifically asking for your "dropshipping agreement" because they know a lot of sellers make a living scamming Fitbit.
what is the FitBit replacement scam?
Old 01-24-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrStyle View Post
what is the FitBit replacement scam?
It involves using social engineering to have FitBit send "replacements" directly to the customer you've sold to on eBay.

It's pretty well documented if you want to Google it. I've never done it myself but I try to stay up to date. I was considering selling Fitbits a while ago..
Old 01-25-2019

Longevity: 45%

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
It involves using social engineering to have FitBit send "replacements" directly to the customer you've sold to on eBay.

It's pretty well documented if you want to Google it. I've never done it myself but I try to stay up to date. I was considering selling Fitbits a while ago..
Doesn't that count as fraud, I didn't even know that was a thing until I google'd it. How can people get away with that?
Old 01-29-2019

Longevity: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackFrost View Post
Doesn't that count as fraud, I didn't even know that was a thing until I google'd it. How can people get away with that?
Yes, it's fraud. Well, Fitbit has really good customer service and people abuse that but Fitbit won't stop having good service because people are trying to defraud them.
Old 02-11-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddm50 View Post
Yes, it's fraud. Well, Fitbit has really good customer service and people abuse that but Fitbit won't stop having good service because people are trying to defraud them.
Fitbit should take action.
Old 02-11-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddm50 View Post
Fitbit should take action.