Negative Feedback Help - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 01-23-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 30%
Default Negative Feedback Help

Hey guys, new here but not new to Amazon.

I wanted to offer some help with those struggling to remove negative feedback and share some of my best practices. Feel free to post up your challenge.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-23-2019
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Negative Feedback Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinsoldier View Post
Buyers who leave feedback which simply says 'ok' with a neutral 3 stars.

Swine to get removed.
I do love those. In these instances, I try to let Amazon know that the email has nothing to do with the review. While its a bit far fetched, we have had them remove these in the past. You can also say that its a product review, suggesting the product is "ok" and giving it 3 of 5 stars.

Per usual, will need a few passes to get some attention to it. I have always had 100% of 3 stars removed.
Old 01-23-2019

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 34%

buyer leave negative because item was not received. I have refunded the order and tracking is showing item delivered to the correct address amazon is refusing to remove the feedback...
Old 01-24-2019

Longevity: 69%

I wouldnt get any hopes up. Feedback removal is up to the rep. I guess some reps dont care. I have gotten some removed that should not have been removed and some that clearly should be removed I could never get removed.

You'll have the best luck by speaking clear and being nice.
Old 01-24-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forum OP - all the best as master
Old 01-24-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by auga View Post
buyer leave negative because item was not received. I have refunded the order and tracking is showing item delivered to the correct address amazon is refusing to remove the feedback...
You can work on getting these removed, but it takes a lot of effort and the chances are very low. I know its near impossible to contact the customer as well. These are the lowest % chance of removal, unless they mention something in the review thats offensive or can be construed as incorrect.
Old 01-24-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by user3657 View Post
I wouldnt get any hopes up. Feedback removal is up to the rep. I guess some reps dont care. I have gotten some removed that should not have been removed and some that clearly should be removed I could never get removed.

You'll have the best luck by speaking clear and being nice.
On that last part, I cannot fully agree. It seems that being stern and forthright is really what gets things done. Amazon employees have a big part of their pay based on customer ratings. Thats why if you are irate, you usually get what you want. Hence why they push everything to be an A-to-Z claim and don't just tell the customer to contact you. Customer reviews are the highest portion of their pay/bonus, then comes the vendor.

For all of those saying our voices don't matter, they do.
Old 01-24-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Welcome to the forum OP - all the best as master
Thank you!
Old 01-24-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazonveteran View Post
On that last part, I cannot fully agree. It seems that being stern and forthright is really what gets things done. Amazon employees have a big part of their pay based on customer ratings. Thats why if you are irate, you usually get what you want. Hence why they push everything to be an A-to-Z claim and don't just tell the customer to contact you. Customer reviews are the highest portion of their pay/bonus, then comes the vendor.

For all of those saying our voices don't matter, they do.
nope. Do you think Amazon is rating their feedback support? Thats like giving SP a direct phone line. Those guys are reviewed on other metrics.
Old 01-24-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
nope. Do you think Amazon is rating their feedback support? Thats like giving SP a direct phone line. Those guys are reviewed on other metrics.
My comment is not an inference. Its from the source. They of course have many other metrics and as I suggested, this is not heavily weighted, however it still is weighted.
Old 01-28-2019
Threadstarter  

Happy Monday. Holler is you guys need anymore help
Old 01-29-2019
Threadstarter  

I had someone ask to about removing feedback for an FBA order or two. These are always 100% removed. You can just submit a ticket and remove them. So for anyone with FBA orders that have negative feedback, no matter what it says, you can have it removed.
Old 01-29-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

yea, ive had a few removed. back to 100%...

Its automated though. It always gets fixed instantly. No calls.
Old 01-30-2019

I am trying to get one removed now, im pretty sure most of the responses are bots. The trick is trying to confuse the bots so a human reads it.
Old 01-30-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
I am trying to get one removed now, im pretty sure most of the responses are bots. The trick is trying to confuse the bots so a human reads it.
How can you tell they are bots? Just trying to reverse engineer your thinking because I do not believe its bots, just your reason is not compelling enough for someone to give enough care to read.
Old 01-31-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Sorry if this comes across a bit blunt but I'm simply going to say it as it is.

Considering you started this thread offering your 'experience' on the matter of feedback removal and that you even (against forum rules) tried to offer your services via your website I find it worrying that you dont know how the feedback removal system now works.
Correct, I did try to sign up to be a vendor to support the forum and the people on here. I have 8 years of experience as a high volume MFN seller with a fully dropship based model. You can imagine the amount of issues that come up from that model and best practices that need to be created to continue sales and service customers properly.

Quote:
ALL feedback removal requests are initially screened by bots. Product reviews and clearly inappropriate ones are removed instantly. At this stage no human intervention happens whatsoever. If it is not auto-removed then you can progress the matter by appeal. It is at this point that a human will look at it and, in the main, being low level saps who's first language is not English they'll dig out their keyword cribsheet to try and make a decision as to which stock reply to send you depending on whether they've removed it or not.

It is somewhat of an oxymoron for you suggest that 'your reason is not compelling enough for someone to give enough care to read' because by definition they need to read it to determine if it is compelling or not! Thats assuming the poor sap understands it.
If you submit removal for feedback based on amazon design like this example, https://screencast.com/t/lOySfLoogyR, you are 100% correct, it will always go through a bot. There are avenues to take to ensure a rep will look at it, hence the purpose of my comment. As well, if you try now to reopen a case that was already done via a bot based on the method above, you will find that the response will be to auto-close your case and suggest you have already done the appeal. Some accounts report thats not always the case, but for the vast majority it seems to be.

The goal is to get in front of someone to plead your case if it is in fact incorrect or there is reason to believe it should not be live. Sometimes, its just false statements, wrong star chosen etc. The tough part we all have to deal with is that Amazon blocks a lot of communication from customers or lets the customer opt out. So trying to reach out is hard as well, unless you send post cards or something by mail.

Quote:
Personally, I think that the vast majority of genuine undeserved negs are removed by Amazon and that the odd one which seems unfair is an occupational hazard we need to live with. No need to blow it out of proportion....no need to pay anyone to help with their removal.
Your experience may be very different than mine or many others about amazon bots doing a great job at removing correct feedback. They will get better over time, but for now I continue to see false positives. We could also say that most suspensions are properly executed by the Amazon teams and that being suspended is just an occupational hazard. Yet this forum is dedicated to just that.

For most on here, they are FBA sellers building a brand. So they are worried about product feedback, IP infringement, counterfeit goods etc. MFN sellers live and die by ODR from feedback and claims because we cannot get 100% of our feedback removed since its not FBA. And most MFN sellers drop ship, hence issues can arise and its beyond crucial to get in touch with customers, similar to product reviews. But its the same issue on both sides, its nearly impossible. And amazon will push people to an A-to-Z claim before they just have the customer chat with the seller.

So we have to find ways work with Amazon.
Old 01-31-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Anyway, you've clearly got an agenda so I'm not going to get into an argument. I just think that suggesting you deliberately bypass the auto-removal facility to get your a case infront of someone is unecessary, even ridiculous - but you would say otherwise.

Lets not forget, feedback is not a performance metric - it's nice to have good feedback but it does not put your account at risk.

If anyone has a genuine feedback gripe and requires advice to get it removed, they simply need to post it here, plenty of wise sages willing to help without the need to give a third party access to your ghost account.
You are correct, good feedback does not put your account at risk, but negative feedback does. And yes, please post up your negative feedback and myself and others can assist. That was the whole purpose of this thread.
Old 01-31-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
I've just told you that feedback is not a performance metric and does not put your account at risk.
I can't say you are correct:
https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/...language=en_US

Go over 1% ODR, you lose buybox for starters and usually get suspended shortly after.
Old 02-01-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazonveteran View Post
How can you tell they are bots? Just trying to reverse engineer your thinking because I do not believe its bots, just your reason is not compelling enough for someone to give enough care to read.
No matter how you put in the request, reason, etc, if there is feedback in the ticket the bots will pick it up and you always get the same response.......
Old 02-02-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
No matter how you put in the request, reason, etc, if there is feedback in the ticket the bots will pick it up and you always get the same response.......
Thats not true. A person does take over to give the response if you can get to one.
Old 02-18-2019
Threadstarter  

Bump for anyone needing help.
Old 03-19-2019

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 34%

buyer left negative because item was not received. I have refunded the order and tracking is showing item delivered to the correct address amazon is refusing to remove the feedback. Tried contacting the buyer through messages - no response. Should I try to call them? Account is new so this 1 negative is just killing me...