Supplier info & providing tracking information - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 08-06-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 85%
Default Supplier info & providing tracking information

Long story short, I had an online store and after being away due to some personal issues (I know, I know, who hasn't ) and I checked my account recently to find disputes/chargebacks, which were completely my fault. I'm trying to remove the limitation so I can use my account again, and so far, I have refunded all open disputes, restored my account back to $0.00, and confirmed some of the limitation removal requirements (SSN, credit check, business information etc.). I do understand stealth accounts, but I'd actually prefer to keep my current account and use it. However, I still need to do the following:

1) Resolve open cases
This is actually a weird one because I've refunded all open disputes, but PP won't let me "resolve" this part of the limitation. I have no open cases, only one closed case within the last 15 days. Is that closed case why I can't resolve this part?

2) Provide tracking information
PP wants me to provide shipping/tracking information for 5 selected transactions, of which I have not shipped any (orders placed while I was away). Two of them have been refunded/resolved, one is an international order (first class int'l, no tracking), and two are paid but unshipped. I'm trying to refund the three that were not already refunded, but since it's been more than 60 days, I don't have the option. I also can't just send them back the money since my account being limited mean that I can't send money. Any ideas on how to deal with this?

Google says to just send an empty package with delivery confirmation to the same city/state/zipcode, but these transactions are from back in May, and it doesn't seem likely that PayPal will accept delivery confirmation numbers that are shipped three months later?

3) Provide supplier information
I was NOT selling illegal goods, so I'm not worried about counterfeit items. My business was reselling beauty/makeup items. I didn't have a set supplier; rather, I purchased from a few beauty suppliers online, and repackaged and sold the makeup for slightly more than cost (private label cosmetics, basically).

I already know to take a picture of my inventory along with my PP address just to show proof of inventory, but I did read that PP will probably turn around and ask for supplier invoices anyway. I feel kind of weird providing "supplier" invoices/contact information since I don't purchase from them on a routine basis. My understanding of supplier is someone that you purchase consistently from, not a one or two time sort of deal. Will they call and check that I have actually purchased from them? Or if they do call, will it just be to confirm that they actually sell the same stuff and not really my account information with the supplier?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-06-2009

Activity: 2%

When paypal puts limitations on your account their main reasons/concerns is to make sure that you are the owner of the account and to make sure your buyers received the products they paid for

I'm surprised they didn't actually ask you to provide receipts also. I'm not 100% sure but I think they will call for both. I don't know if things changed but when they used to ask me for supplier invoice or receipts I could only supply them with receipts, well, sometimes and they would just check for the name of the product to match and from where I got it from to make sure it wasn't stolen and that I really have it.
Old 08-06-2009

flowerpower have you just tried calling PayPal directly and explain to them your situation and circumstances? Be honest and upfront with them with the problems and be sincere to them in wanting to clear everything up so you can use the account again. If this isn't a stealth account and you want to save it perhaps just give them a call.

Be professional and courteous and see where it takes you.
Old 08-06-2009
Threadstarter  

OfficialGenius - I don't know if PP would accept my receipts/invoices I rename the products, so what shows up on my receipt as Product A was being sold as Product B by me. Since it's not large well-known items like Wiis or PS3s, I wonder/hope if PayPal'll be slightly more lenient with the supplier/inventory. I've found instances where people have had to provide invoices for specific transactions provided by PP, but in my case, PP isn't asking for anything specifically related to any transaction.

ProudPapa4 - I haven't gotten around to it yet. I've had less than stellar experiences with PP's customer service, so I've been putting it off. If I can't figure it out, I'll just have to politely give them a call.

Thanks for the reply!
Old 08-06-2009

Longevity: 89%

This is probably going to be a long journal. someone marked a red flag on your account as high-risk. they will also probably ask for more other evidence.

There are some people working in a special department inside paypal. They don't take calls or any transferred calls. They manually review all cases with high-risk flags. it's a slow painful process.

If there is not much $ left, then get a new one and move on. Just a suggestion. It's all up to you.