ALL PayPal Accounts Now REQUIRE "Claim Money" - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 02-05-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 88%
Default ALL PayPal Accounts Now REQUIRE "Claim Money"

Ok well, it seems as though it has been made official. All PayPal accounts, now even whether it is aged, set up a certain way, or no matter what will all currently have the "Claim Money" feature or it will be coming in just a short matter of time. I had one that had a pending PayPal balance of $900.00 that all of a sudden went to "Claim It" the other day.

My last PayPal account on a 6+ year aged PayPal and eBay account just moved over to "Claim It" today. Every payment, no matter what, everything seems to go into that "Claim it" hold.

Once your account gets this feature, you will not be able to use any PayPal balance to purchase shipping, or even pay eBay fees. Let alone you cannot ever spend the balance to buy anything on eBay.

When you go to checkout and print shipping on eBay and try and pay with Paypal it will say "Error processing Payment with your PayPal account" and will go no further. It will give you the same issue if you try to pay your eBay fees with PayPal.

The only luck I have had so far is this. If you go into PayPal after you have received payment for an item, you can click "Print Shipping Label" and you can pay for it via your pre-paid gift card.

You can also do the same with eBay fees, pay with a prepaid gift card.

This has become somewhat of a pain now because I am going to have to go purchase a Pre-Paid card and put $400+ on it to cover all the shipping charges and the eBay fees. EVERYTHING has to be done on it's own as well. You cannot use the automatic fee payment feature on eBay, you will have to go manually enter in the card number and pay the eBay fees. You will have to login to EVERY payment on PayPal and use your credit card to purchase shipping labels as well and upload tracking.

So far, this seems like the only way to deal with it. Another big pain in the ass means that you cannot use your PayPal balance to buy anything ever again. The most you will ever be able to do is transfer it to your bank account and that is that.

I will keep you updated as I try and find out more. If anyone has any suggestions to make it easier please post. Can eBay see the name on any of the credit cards? What if I used one of my own personal credit cards to pay the fees and shipping rather than messing with these pre-paid cards?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-05-2019
Threadstarter  

Default Re: ALL PayPal Accounts Now REQUIRE "Claim Money"

Also, I have also called PayPal and spoken with them in length about this issue. If your account currently doesn't have this feature/limitation it soon will. They are doing this to prevent money laundering. People would stockpile thousands of dollars in PayPal accounts and then buy gift cards to launder the cash, or transfer it from PayPal account to PayPal account before withdrawing it. Scammers were doing the same thing, which I was told was mostly the reason for this feature now. This is to prove you are legitimate and so that there is always a paper trail to a bank somewhere and can always easily trace the money. Either way, it sucks.
The Following User Says Thank You to vigilantex69 For This Useful Post:
sasullivan76 (09-25-2019)
Old 02-05-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 61%

Bank withdrawal is my preferred method of taking out my money, but not being able to pay my fees sounds like a real pain. I can't imagine buying enough gift cards to keep up with all my eBay fees.

So far, though, I have a decent amount of PayPal accounts with the "Claim it" feature that still allows me to pay my fees from my PayPal balance.

I wonder if this will change as time goes on, but for now I do not believe I have a single account with the "claim it" feature that does not let me pay my ebay fees.
The Following User Says Thank You to nodeal For This Useful Post:
Lucynda (05-21-2019)
Old 02-05-2019
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

Interesting. I think PayPal could have done this a better if the goal was to stop money laundering. Also they could of whitelisted certain payments like label buying. I suspect they are getting a lot of complaints these days.
Old 02-05-2019

Longevity: 32%

Are you able to request a check?
Old 02-05-2019
Threadstarter  

I just went to withdraw the money from my PayPal account and for some reason my bank account is no longer attached????? What the hell? Whenever I go to add it, it says

We're sorry. We're not able to process your request right now. Please try again later.
Old 02-05-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 61%

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigilantex69 View Post
I just went to withdraw the money from my PayPal account and for some reason my bank account is no longer attached????? What the hell? Whenever I go to add it, it says

We're sorry. We're not able to process your request right now. Please try again later.
Did you receive an email about the bank being removed?
Old 02-05-2019
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

Quote:
Also, I have also called PayPal and spoken with them in length about this issue. If your account currently doesn't have this feature/limitation it soon will. They are doing this to prevent money laundering. People would stockpile thousands of dollars in PayPal accounts and then buy gift cards to launder the cash, or transfer it from PayPal account to PayPal account before withdrawing it. Scammers were doing the same thing, which I was told was mostly the reason for this feature now. This is to prove you are legitimate and so that there is always a paper trail to a bank somewhere and can always easily trace the money. Either way, it sucks.
ah, you called PayPal

Maybe they put your account up for review based on the questions you were asking??
Old 02-05-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodeal View Post
Did you receive an email about the bank being removed?
Yes I did, and I didn't even do anything? I received the email this morning at 9AM. They removed my bank account saying that a withdrawal had been declined?
Old 02-05-2019

Longevity: 53%

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
ah, you called PayPal

Maybe they put your account up for review based on the questions you were asking??
This could be possible LOL
Old 02-05-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
ah, you called PayPal

Nope, called PayPal and they wanted to "verify" my identity before adding a new PayPal account. She sent a text message to my phone number listed with the account, and then I read that back to her. She then said to close all the windows, and open PayPal again and add the NEW bank account into it.

This time it worked, and now it is waiting to "confirm" the new account. They are doing the same "small deposits in it". She said I could go ahead and withdraw the money, but I am going to wait until it's confirmed before doing so as I don't want to raise any flags.

Lucky for me, I have a virtual phone number attached with the account that can receive texts and phone calls and forward them onto my personal number. She said they are removing bank accounts and personally "verifying" them now...
Old 02-05-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamlmfao View Post
This could be possible LOL
Nope! I am pretty good, I was calling about a legitimate account in a real name and such from a person that uses PayPal and eBay. Everything is legitimate and such, and they confirmed their social security number and such. That is how I was able to ask all the in depth questions and they didn't question anything. I played nice and naive on the phone so that is why they told me they are doing all these verification steps now. Again, the account I was calling about is fully verified so she said "You should't worry everything on your account is verified and legitimate".

Now for all the stealth accounts, I smell trouble brewing.
Old 02-05-2019

Quote:
Nope! I am pretty good, I was calling about a legitimate account in a real name and such from a person that uses PayPal and eBay. Everything is legitimate and such, and they confirmed their social security number and such. That is how I was able to ask all the in depth questions and they didn't question anything. I played nice and naive on the phone so that is why they told me they are doing all these verification steps now. Again, the account I was calling about is fully verified so she said "You should't worry everything on your account is verified and legitimate".

Now for all the stealth accounts, I smell trouble brewing.
Paypal are causing sooo much FRAUD NOW if they dont allow stealthers you know why? You think stealthers are just gonna sit here and say well we are fvcked now? of course not. Demand in s s n's will be out the roof. Good job paypal svck my d1ck.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamlmfao For This Useful Post:
Bigj2987 (06-15-2019), Lucynda (05-21-2019)
Old 02-06-2019
Threadstarter  

It's bad, they are making you confirm everything again even when you go to transfer for a bank account
Old 02-06-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,108 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

I find it interesting yall are just having these problems now because ALL my accounts had it late summer and into the fall and again just after the 1st of the year.
Old 02-06-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
I find it interesting yall are just having these problems now because ALL my accounts had it late summer and into the fall and again just after the 1st of the year.
I never had an issue with it until now. My old PayPal account hit the Tax ID threshold so I abandoned it and created a new one. The new one immediatly had the "claim Money" added. Now recently my good account thats still 4+ years old had the same thing added.

How do you do shipping? Pay eBay fees ect? Since everything is under lock as soon as it gets into your account ?
Old 02-06-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
2/6/19, no bank, prepaid card only :

Fear-mongering is bad for everyone here.
So your saying theres a way? BULLSH1T they will get your account sooner or later. trust me. it will come. its just gaypals billion dollar system hasnt caught up to you yet. USA is a fvcking joke. Im leaving this god forsaken land of bullsh1t soon and never coming back to this retarded hell hole.
The Following User Says Thank You to iamlmfao For This Useful Post:
blackdahlia (11-10-2019)
Old 02-06-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamlmfao View Post
So your saying theres a way? BULLSH1T they will get your account sooner or later. trust me. it will come. its just gaypals billion dollar system hasnt caught up to you yet. USA is a fvcking joke. Im leaving this god forsaken land of bullsh1t soon and never coming back to this retarded hell hole.
I'm not saying anything other than what the OP is claiming has been applied to all accounts is not showing on any of mine.

I couldn't care less about anything else TBQH.

Thanks for quoting my pic so I can't take it down, BTW.
Old 02-06-2019

who the fvck even wants to use gaypal anyways? 6 months any b1tch can complain and fvck you, heard some cases they can still fvck you even after 6 months. im so over this fvckin sh1t storm. There is no God and God will fvck you. Good luck guys....its dog eat dog. id rather be homeless at this point. FVCK HUMANS and there gay a$$SES
Old 02-06-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
You're pissed and should probably smoke a joint. You're not making any sense. People use Paypal for ecommerce because they're the market leader in third party payment processing. Simple as that. If you don't like them use another payment processor.
I do need to smoke a joint, and im going now. I just think the whole world is full of sh1t and im tired of it. Now i know why people take there own life. this world is fvcked up anyways. I hate this place. But i dont have the balls to kill myself yet. To bad Kenneth Gibson's dumbass got caught. oh well..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamlmfao For This Useful Post:
BleepBloop (03-03-2019), phaz0rz (02-06-2019)
Old 02-06-2019

Longevity: 46%

So far a few of mine say claim it but they let me pay for shipping labels. Lets pray it stays that way
Old 02-06-2019

Longevity: 36%

Hi Guys,
Is this only for US PP accounts? Never heard from a UK member..
The Following User Says Thank You to zatenalinmisbukullanici For This Useful Post:
Tornadoduke (02-10-2019)