So where is paypal headed next 5 years? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 02-06-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 56%
Default So where is paypal headed next 5 years?

I remember being devastated that my paypal has been suspended after being with them for 17 years. I kept mentioning this over and over again but corporations don't care about your personal life or loyalty. So couple years ago this happened I kept trying to get back on but with no luck. Thinking paypal will keep being a power house I realized that new payment center adyen will take over ebay now. So made me think that I shouldn't be too concern for feeling left out of using (buying/selling) via paypal but considering that millions still have this , I do lose lot of sales on my own non ebay shop. Anyways, is paypal gonna grow? as it's still a household name or you see decline in it. I used to use paypal to send money to people but now it's venmo (which i think is paypal company anyways lol)

Also, anyone who had paypal long as me that got suspended ever get there account back?

These online places should really give people more chances as people do change for the better. Yet I understand we are creature of habit but just like traffic tickets where it goes on our record but will not be counted against us as time goes by.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-06-2019

Longevity: 30%
Default Re: So where is paypal headed next 5 years?

PayPal will be fine. They don't need you or me or eBay. I also doubt eBay stops taking PayPal within 5 years either. That would hurt eBay.
The Following User Says Thank You to treysupreme For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (02-07-2019)
Old 02-06-2019
Threadstarter  

Yeah theres lot of people conveniently paying for paypal and like the process of refunds if it happens so guess your right .. I say it gradually just keeps growing. Kind of sucks cause I wanted them too do bad unless they give my account back
Old 02-06-2019

Longevity: 31%

Well from what ebay says. They are going to be completely done with paypal by 2023.
Old 02-06-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 43%

There is a lot more to PayPal than eBay. PayPal isn't going away any time soon.
Old 02-06-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcheeze45 View Post
Well from what ebay says. They are going to be completely done with paypal by 2023.
That'll depend on how much Ayden is being used. If in 2022 they still see a large percentage of people using PayPal, no way they shoot themselves in the foot and stop accepting it.
The Following User Says Thank You to treysupreme For This Useful Post:
nickopedia (02-06-2019)
Old 02-06-2019

Longevity: 31%

I hope you're right but ebay forced paypal on everybody when they wanted to be strictly paypal. What's to stop em now ?
Old 02-06-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcheeze45 View Post
I hope you're right but ebay forced paypal on everybody when they wanted to be strictly paypal. What's to stop em now ?
Other options (Amazon).
Old 02-06-2019

Longevity: 40%

IMO paypal is not on there way out, they are on there way out of ebay though.

Here is why, they along with other companies are looking for more ways to add or get new services where it will be less risk on them. More services like Zelle mixed with paypal (but not zelle), but there not gonna call it paypal. Where you can pay at your own risk type services, this will force people to really focus on who they buy from.

Less risk, less dispute, less cost to them. Ebay will always accept paypal payments, but they will definitely be using less of them. Not by choice.
The Following User Says Thank You to ghostdude For This Useful Post:
nickopedia (02-07-2019)
Old 02-07-2019
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostdude View Post

Here is why, they along with other companies are looking for more ways to add or get new services where it will be less risk on them. More services like Zelle mixed with paypal (but not zelle), but there not gonna call it paypal. Where you can pay at your own risk type services, this will force people to really focus on who they buy from.

Less risk, less dispute, less cost to them. Ebay will always accept paypal payments, but they will definitely be using less of them. Not by choice.
This, along with multi-branding and "white label" payment solutions, and mobile payments are where PayPal is headed.

PayPal is a money transmitter. They might not use the "PayPal" name per-se, but the underpinnings of the service are still the same.
Old 02-07-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostdude View Post

Is zelle the great new thing now? Is it like paypal? I googled but not sure how big it is. never heard of it
Old 02-07-2019
Executive [VIP]

Zelle is a U.S.-based digital payments network owned by Early Warning Services, a private financial services company owned by the banks Bank of America, BB&T, Capital One, JPMorgan Chase, PNC Bank, US Bank and Wells Fargo.

In short, it's a private network mainly between participating banks to move funds between account holders. It's separate (and much faster) than the ACH (Fedwire) that is used to transfer today.
Old 02-08-2019
Threadstarter  

so its different then paypal where we can send funds to each other instantly via app or website and if you have own site its not a payment processor right? not many seem to know about zelle and is more of a check transfer ?
Old 02-08-2019
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakamuru View Post
so its different then paypal where we can send funds to each other instantly via app or website and if you have own site its not a payment processor right? not many seem to know about zelle and is more of a check transfer ?
Zelle isn't really a stand alone service per-se, more of a payment network used by participating banks to move money between them. Rather than using the slower ACH (Fedwire) system for clearing payments, they move through Zelle's network from bank to bank more or less instantly.