Paypal permanently suspended - 180 day hold - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 02-09-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 30%
Default Paypal permanently suspended - 180 day hold

About a month ago Paypal suspended my 5 year old, personal, fully legit and verified account. No warning, no reason given, just woke up to find my Paypal is suspended.

And as if that wasn't bad enough, they locked the money I have in the account for 180 days. We're talking $10,000 dollars, damn it...

I called them, the girl on the phone told me there's nothing they can do, the Paypal is suspended, I will be emailed with information on how I can get my money out after 180 days.

I sent them a message a few days ago asking, pleading, for them to release at least some of the money, because I didn't do anything wrong, and I have rent to pay and to put food on the table etc. Because if they're keeping it all for chargebacks, my account never had any, they have absolutely no risk, and they sure don't have to hold all the money in the world ($10k) for that.

Anyway, when/if they reply to my message and it's negative, I'm going to call them again, maybe write to them again, and try a few more times to get at least a partial withdrawal before the 6 month period expires.

But what worries me is that 6 months go by, and for one reason or another I still can't get my money out. That will devastate me!!!

My account is not in the US, not in the UK, and not in the EU. It's in the Balkans, Europe (not a european union country).

What I want to ask is:

1) Do you think there's any hope that they'll allow me to withdraw some of the money before the 6 month period, or am I just wasting my time asking them?

2) After 6 months pass, what kind of information will they ask from me? And will they allow me to withdraw the money to the Debit card which I have linked to my Paypal? The card has been linked for years, and I've withdrawn money to it from Paypal multiple times.

Thank you
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-10-2019

Default Re: Paypal permanently suspended - 180 day hold

Why you keep such big amount of money on paypal? This is like a playing with knives..
After 180 days they can ask you provide your passport scan ant proof of address scan.
And do not surprise if your real documents will be rejected without reason and you cannot withdraw money. Sometimes it happens. Paypal is a scam and never leave big ammounts on it.
Old 02-10-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacgreg View Post
Why you keep such big amount of money on paypal? This is like a playing with knives..
After 180 days they can ask you provide your passport scan ant proof of address scan.
And do not surprise if your real documents will be rejected without reason and you cannot withdraw money. Sometimes it happens. Paypal is a scam and never leave big ammounts on it.
I made a mistake for keeping so much money. But after 5 years of no problems and no chargebacks and no issues, on a fully verified personal Paypal account, I never thought this could happen. Lesson learned.

I gotta tell you, that scares the sh*t out of me, for me to not get that money back. I mean, 5 years, fully verified account, linked debit card, did nothing wrong did nothing illegal. Why wouldn't they give me my money back?

That's a scary thought. But I'm not letting this go. That's a lot of money, and it belongs to me. I'm willing to wait 6 months for it, but then I want it back.

But even if they reject the passport, I'll send them ID, if they reject that I'll send them my goddamn birth certificate, they can't reject it all. What do I have to do, show up in their offices and make a fuss?
Old 02-10-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpy View Post
I made a mistake for keeping so much money. But after 5 years of no problems and no chargebacks and no issues, on a fully verified personal Paypal account, I never thought this could happen. Lesson learned.

I gotta tell you, that scares the sh*t out of me, for me to not get that money back. I mean, 5 years, fully verified account, linked debit card, did nothing wrong did nothing illegal. Why wouldn't they give me my money back?

That's a scary thought. But I'm not letting this go. That's a lot of money, and it belongs to me. I'm willing to wait 6 months for it, but then I want it back.

But even if they reject the passport, I'll send them ID, if they reject that I'll send them my goddamn birth certificate, they can't reject it all. What do I have to do, show up in their offices and make a fuss?
PayPal is a scam for real. I also got my business account permanently limited for 180 days with funds trapped inside.

My worry now is if I'll be able to withdraw my funds after the said duration as the account doesn't bear my real name & also a US account. I'm in Nigeria 🇳🇬. I don't know if it'll be possible for me to withdraw with my friend's account in the USA since my PayPal account name bears a different name.
Old 02-10-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornadoduke View Post
PayPal is a scam for real. I also got my business account permanently limited for 180 days with funds trapped inside.

My worry now is if I'll be able to withdraw my funds after the said duration as the account doesn't bear my real name & also a US account. I'm in Nigeria 🇳🇬. I don't know if it'll be possible for me to withdraw with my friend's account in the USA since my PayPal account name bears a different name.
Diversification is my next goal. Up until now and for the past 5 years that I've been making money online, I only ever used one Paypal account (personal) for everything.

After they limited me and hijacked my money, I created a bitcoin wallet and started accepting payments with cryptos. Already received about $60 dollars in payments, in Bitcoin. That's money that would have otherwise gone to Paypal.

I also created a Payoneer account and started accepting payments to it. Already cashed out from one freelancing site where I make some money, about $560 dollars. THat's money that would have otherwise gone to Paypal.

I plan on creating and using even more payment processors in the future, as many as possible. I'd rather have $1,000 dollars in 5 different payment processors than $5,000 dollars in one Paypal account.

But also, when Paypal shut me down they effectively killed my business. That day was so dark for me. Luckily I had my mom's Paypal account (different country, different info, everything) and kept using that, and so far so good. But in the future I want to have customers and sites paying me in bitcoin, to Payoneer, to Leupay to Transferwise to Advcash to Authorize.net to Skrill to any and every legit payment processor out there. That way none of them can shut me down! Just like my business, I deal with hundreds of customers, none of them can kill my business. But I allowed myself to be dependent on 1 payment processor, and that was a fatal mistake. I won't make the same mistake again
Old 02-10-2019

From my experience, they will release funds after 180 days 90% of accounts without asking any documents.
But if they ask, do not worry, because your account is your personal, so you will have ID alternatives, such Birth certificate or etc. Also when account is under your name, you can take paypal to court and 100 % you win .
The Following User Says Thank You to tacgreg For This Useful Post:
james_112233 (06-16-2019)
Old 02-10-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpy View Post
Diversification is my next goal. Up until now and for the past 5 years that I've been making money online, I only ever used one Paypal account (personal) for everything.

After they limited me and hijacked my money, I created a bitcoin wallet and started accepting payments with cryptos. Already received about $60 dollars in payments, in Bitcoin. That's money that would have otherwise gone to Paypal.

I also created a Payoneer account and started accepting payments to it. Already cashed out from one freelancing site where I make some money, about $560 dollars. THat's money that would have otherwise gone to Paypal.

I plan on creating and using even more payment processors in the future, as many as possible. I'd rather have $1,000 dollars in 5 different payment processors than $5,000 dollars in one Paypal account.

But also, when Paypal shut me down they effectively killed my business. That day was so dark for me. Luckily I had my mom's Paypal account (different country, different info, everything) and kept using that, and so far so good. But in the future I want to have customers and sites paying me in bitcoin, to Payoneer, to Leupay to Transferwise to Advcash to Authorize.net to Skrill to any and every legit payment processor out there. That way none of them can shut me down! Just like my business, I deal with hundreds of customers, none of them can kill my business. But I allowed myself to be dependent on 1 payment processor, and that was a fatal mistake. I won't make the same mistake again
The fund is huge. They may require some documentation from you for further verification.
Old 06-16-2019

Activity: 16%
Longevity: 39%

I have had the same issue, do not worry, you will get your money back after 180 days pass by
Old 06-16-2019

Activity: 7%
Longevity: 34%

follow eBay Stealth or Amazon Ghost. ive had over 20 accounts go down. and what i did to get back up. IS DONT GIVE UP! its a war out there. study all the stuff here on these forums and kick ass lol
Old 06-16-2019

Thanked 1,104 Times in 1,040 Posts
Activity: 91%
Longevity: 33%

Did they give you a reason why?
What do you sell?