Strange thing happened when adding bank - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 02-12-2019
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 61%
Default Strange thing happened when adding bank

Never had this happen when adding a bank.

I added the bank on Wednesday, and saw the micro deposits as "pending" in my bank account on Friday. I added the microdeposits to my account and linked/confirmed the bank successfully on paypal's end.

Then I noticed on my bank statement the micro deposits completely disappeared from my transaction history. Nowhere to be found. A day later, PP told me the bank was removed because my bank denied them due to wrong account number. And of course, I cannot add another bank onto this account due to the new security features on PP.

How could the micro deposits disappear from my bank like that? Was it really my bank, or PP that did it? This was Capital One Bank (not 360) which has worked well for me for quite some time.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-12-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: Strange thing happened when adding bank

Sounds like the bank cancelled it, not PP.

FWIW the micro deposits aren't supposed to show up on your actual statement because those two transactions never settle. They're authorized and then pulled right back out. But they'll usually show up in your online banking until your next statement period.

I've always been afraid to try anything Cap1 offers because of the horror stories I've read here. But since you're using them, why not try instant verify? Isn't Cap1 one of the instant verify options?

EDIT: Mind you I could be completely wrong about all of this so take it with a grain of salt.
Old 02-12-2019
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Thx for the response. I meant transaction history, not statement.

I know I have read that it is OK to do here on the forum, but can you confirm for me: is it OK to use the same bank login details To instant verify your PayPal across multiple accounts? It always freaked me out a little how all of your accounts for that bank pop up when you are instant verifying. I will try instant verify, I just want to make sure it is 100% safe to do with the same bank login details across multiple paypl accounts.
Old 02-12-2019
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

It's safe. Instant verify is handled by a secure third party so you aren't giving your bank login details to PP directly. For good measure though you could change your online banking username before trying.

There's a certain seller here who used to sell instant verify VBA's so I assume he was using the same online banking details for lots of accounts.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
nodeal (02-12-2019)
Old 02-12-2019
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

What is interesting is I just saw another PayPal account that had the same issue, but slightly different circumstances. This was a Bank added the same day as the PayPal account discussed in my original post. The micro deposits for this bank actually never came through, so I did end up instant verifying with this account. It was successful and the bank was confirmed and linked, But this PayPal account also removed the bank because of the same reason. I am going to try this again on another account and I am going to just instant verify from the get go.
Old 02-12-2019
Executive [VIP]

It's becoming harder to add banks - I think that's for sure. Lets just hope they haven't decided to crack down on mismatched deposits. They've always had the ability to see the real name on bank accounts..

Was this 2nd account you're talking about also using Cap1? If both accounts were trying to add Cap1 accounts then I think it's probably the bank causing the problem. If the 2 accounts were using different banks then I think we're f*cked because PP removed them after realizing names don't match.

Good luck either way bro..
Old 02-12-2019
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
It's becoming harder to add banks - I think that's for sure. Lets just hope they haven't decided to crack down on mismatched deposits. They've always had the ability to see the real name on bank accounts..

Was this 2nd account you're talking about also using Cap1? If both accounts were trying to add Cap1 accounts then I think it's probably the bank causing the problem. If the 2 accounts were using different banks then I think we're f*cked because PP removed them after realizing names don't match.

Good luck either way bro..
Both were cap1, i think it may be cap1 as well.

I wonder if it was something on the banks end on that particular day, I cannot stress enough how reliable capital one has been for me. Not 360, just the regular banking. I have had so much sales successfully go through this bank. I will try to instant verify and see what happens. I just need to find an account that won’t hurt me too much if it is unsuccessful. It seems that if you were unable to add a bank or the process goes awry for whatever reason, then the account is for ever held hostage by this security feature and you are unable to add a bank after that.
Old 02-12-2019

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 72%

Hey nodeal,

We're both dealing with this new security feature and I don't have much too add except after this new security feature was enabled, I successfully added and withdrew from a PP account that had never had a bank account attached. I haven't confirmed it yet- but just wanted to add this to the conversation. Hopefully it's just a capital one issue.
Old 02-12-2019
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Out of curiosity I tried adding another cap1 bank and am waiting to see if the micros go through. If it doesn't work I will try Capital one on another account and try it through instant confirmation
Old 02-12-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 43%

BTW, it's well known that Capital One 360 account have caused problems with other users, along with Ally and other "online banks". There have been many past threads on this topic.
Old 02-12-2019
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickopedia View Post
BTW, it's well known that Capital One 360 account have caused problems with other users, along with Ally and other "online banks". There have been many past threads on this topic.
Yes absolutely I have heard about the 360 accounts.

None of mine are 360, they are regular Cap One accounts I have opened and have been working great for years.
Old 02-12-2019

Activity: 5%
Longevity: 40%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodeal View Post
....... And of course, I cannot add another bank onto this account due to the new security features on PP.......
What do you mean? If one bank doesn't connect, you can't try again? What is the new security feature you're referencing...?

Thanks!
Old 02-12-2019
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliot View Post
What do you mean? If one bank doesn't connect, you can't try again? What is the new security feature you're referencing...?

Thanks!
If you add a bank and it gets rejected because your bank rejects the micro deposits or you entered in the wrong account info, PayPal will remove the bank and then it seems almost impossible to add a second one these days. An error message keeps popping up and they require verification such as database questions or your SSN when you call in. At least that is how it was from my experience and some others' experiences here on the forum.

Also if you yourself remove one bank and then go to add another, the same security error happens when adding your second bank.

I am actually even having trouble with adding one bank, and then going and adding a second bank - such as in the case of accounts I add a VBA onto, and then go on to add my real bank a couple months later. Not even trying to remove a bank and then add a new one. Just simply adding a second bank without removing anything. But this type of problem I cannot confirm as being as widespread as the other two problems mentioned previously.
The Following User Says Thank You to nodeal For This Useful Post:
Elliot (02-12-2019)
Old 02-12-2019

Activity: 5%
Longevity: 40%

Ah, ok... thanks for the detailed reply! I haven't had to add a bank recently, so I'll keep this in mind when choosing which to add a bank to (or to try anyway).

Thanks!
Old 02-12-2019

Activity: 9%
Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Never had this happen when adding a bank.

I added the bank on Wednesday, and saw the micro deposits as "pending" in my bank account on Friday. I added the microdeposits to my account and linked/confirmed the bank successfully on paypal's end.

Then I noticed on my bank statement the micro deposits completely disappeared from my transaction history. Nowhere to be found. A day later, PP told me the bank was removed because my bank denied them due to wrong account number. And of course, I cannot add another bank onto this account due to the new security features on PP.

How could the micro deposits disappear from my bank like that? Was it really my bank, or PP that did it? This was Capital One Bank (not 360) which has worked well for me for quite some time.
You may be using a bank where they need the name of the account to match the name on the transfer from PayPal, that is when they reject it as the Bank may have contacted them to tell them this.

The microdeposits are held in pending and removed so there is no history in your bank account of the transaction.
Old 02-13-2019

Longevity: 42%
Send a message via ICQ to roober Send a message via Skype™ to roober

Quote:
Originally Posted by degsey69 View Post
You may be using a bank where they need the name of the account to match the name on the transfer from PayPal, that is when they reject it as the Bank may have contacted them to tell them this.

The microdeposits are held in pending and removed so there is no history in your bank account of the transaction.

that's right, so an instant check will help to avoid this
(but perhaps the problem in the future, if the user wants to make a transfer of money to your Bank) this method, instant check, is only good for verification of PayPal account

Last edited by JamesNorth101; 02-14-2019 at 07:22 PM.
Old 02-14-2019
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by degsey69 View Post

What usually happens when I use Capital One is the micro deposits and withdrawal will remain on my transaction history for the account. The deposits are an ACH deposit, and the withdrawal is an ACH withdrawal. The amounts for the deposits and withdrawal go from pending to completed, and remain on my transaction history.

However this time the transactions were in "pending" on my bank account transaction history, and then disappeared the next day.

For my accounts that already have Capital One, withdrawals are still being made from PP into my bank account without an issue. So far this problem is in regards to adding a CapOne bank to a new PP.
Old 02-14-2019

Longevity: 53%

so are you saying paypal removes all capital ones now?
Old 02-14-2019
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamlmfao View Post
so are you saying paypal removes all capital ones now?
My accounts that have been using capital one seem to be OK and I am still receiving withdrawals (my most recent withdrawal being Feb 12).

However seems like something strange is going on when trying to verify via micro deposits. I currently have a bank account I just received micro deposits into yesterday. I linked and confirmed the account with these micro deposits, but the real test will be a few days from now when I see whether or not I get that email saying 'your bank rejected your deposit, so we have removed your bank, blah blah..'

I am worried this might happen because once again today I checked my bank account and the micro deposits are no longer showing in my transaction history, which never happened before.

One last thing I plan on trying is to instant verify my Cap1 bank account with yet another pp account. If that fails, then I give up on Cap1 altogether. But we will see.
Old 02-14-2019

Longevity: 53%

Quote:
My accounts that have been using capital one seem to be OK and I am still receiving withdrawals (my most recent withdrawal being Feb 12).

However seems like something strange is going on when trying to verify via micro deposits. I currently have a bank account I just received micro deposits into yesterday. I linked and confirmed the account with these micro deposits, but the real test will be a few days from now when I see whether or not I get that email saying 'your bank rejected your deposit, so we have removed your bank, blah blah..'

I am worried this might happen because once again today I checked my bank account and the micro deposits are no longer showing in my transaction history, which never happened before.

One last thing I plan on trying is to instant verify my Cap1 bank account with yet another pp account. If that fails, then I give up on Cap1 altogether. But we will see.
Please keep us updated. Much appreciated.