how to reach American PP rep. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 02-12-2019
MU

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 36%
Default how to reach American PP rep.

How to reach American rep.? They are much helpful than the stupid robot in philapenne.

Those robots will not look into your accounts and try all the best to give you different kinds of excuses.

Usually if I call in after 6 pm EST I can reach the agents in UK or US.

But no luck recently. Any one has luck? Please kindly share your experience. Thanks.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-12-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 43%
Default Re: how to reach American PP rep.

Try calling into their main US line at their Omaha call center: +1 402-935-2050
Hours of operation: Monday - Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Central time

Unfortunately if you wait until later in the day, or call evenings, your chances of getting redirected to the Philippines is greater. Best time is to call right around 8-10am US Eastern Time.
Old 02-12-2019

Activity: 9%
Longevity: 78%

It is really a lottery when you call in, I have called early when the lines are open and late in the evening and still got the philippines. If you do not like what a rep tells you (and they are regularly wrong) then you can asked to be transferred to a supervisor and if you disagree with them you may get transferred to the USA.

If its a suspension problem call early and you may get Ireland's reps who are fantastic and will help you.

I have in the past used voip to call and logged into the UK's ebay website and opened a call request there and got to an Irish rep.

A buyer had left some defamatory comments in feedback which in the USA is tough luck as they have their first amendment rights, in Europe it is a crime and the Irish told me they could not remove the feedback, but remove the content and directed me to where to download the form and where to send it, this is due to me having global shipping on my listings and the remarks are viewable in Europe, no Phillipino rep would tell you that!
Old 02-13-2019
MU
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by degsey69 View Post
It is really a lottery when you call in, I have called early when the lines are open and late in the evening and still got the philippines. If you do not like what a rep tells you (and they are regularly wrong) then you can asked to be transferred to a supervisor and if you disagree with them you may get transferred to the USA.

If its a suspension problem call early and you may get Ireland's reps who are fantastic and will help you.

I have in the past used voip to call and logged into the UK's ebay website and opened a call request there and got to an Irish rep.

A buyer had left some defamatory comments in feedback which in the USA is tough luck as they have their first amendment rights, in Europe it is a crime and the Irish told me they could not remove the feedback, but remove the content and directed me to where to download the form and where to send it, this is due to me having global shipping on my listings and the remarks are viewable in Europe, no Phillipino rep would tell you that!
Thank you for sharing. Btw I am talking about Paypal. And your experience here is ebay? Thanks for clarify.
Old 02-13-2019
MU
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickopedia View Post
Try calling into their main US line at their Omaha call center: +1 402-935-2050
Hours of operation: Monday - Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Central time

Unfortunately if you wait until later in the day, or call evenings, your chances of getting redirected to the Philippines is greater. Best time is to call right around 8-10am US Eastern Time.
Thank you Nick. Seems like there is nothing you don't know.
Old 02-13-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 43%

The Philippines is PayPal's spillover when Omaha is busy, so again try to call as early as possible during the day to increase your chances of a US based rep.

Nothing against the Filipinos, they just tend to follow their scripts and instructions to a T, not quite as flexible as the Americans tend to be. Friendly, yes, but not too creative to deal with real problems or issues.
The Following User Says Thank You to nickopedia For This Useful Post:
JENNY9091 (02-13-2019)
Old 02-13-2019

Longevity: 38%

Yes recently it became very hard to speak with American agent. For example, when speaking to resolve an account limitation, it was very normal that an agent would review your account and give you an update while on the phone ( Restore or permanent limitation). Nowadays, I am having no luck at all talking to some one who is authorized to review the account limitation Even though they will tell you it's the limitation department, but they keep insisting that only backend team -- that don't receive phone calls-- will review the account and give you an update within 72 hours. But I know this is false.

I really don't know what to say to be transferred to the right person who can take decisions.

The problem also is when you ask to be transferred to a supervisor, the Filipino agent will get offended like I insulted them.. I don't know why they get angry about that.

Personally I had success restoring accounts by calling directly rather than just waiting for their response. It's nearly always the account will get permanently limited if I don't call personally. The agent might have some questions and doubts, and if you're on the phone they can easily clear any doubts because you are there to clarify. but without calling them, any doubt will lead to the easiest decision for the agent which is to limit the account forever.
The Following User Says Thank You to PPbb For This Useful Post:
JENNY9091 (02-13-2019)
Old 02-14-2019
MU
Threadstarter  

Update:

Tried called from 10am-12pm EST. Keep calling again and again, no luck.

Called limitation (safety & trust) department, philipeno. Asked to transfer to level 2 or manager, philipeno.

Called withdrawal department, philipeno. Asked to transfer to limitation department, phillipeno.

In the last 30 days, I made callls every day. From 2pm-10pm EST. All I got was Philipeno.

Is the ohama office closed forever? The last time I was able to speak with an American was 2 months ago.