MC055 suspension just a couple of questions - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 08-09-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 85%
Default MC055 suspension just a couple of questions

Hello everyone, love the forum!

Right a couple of questions for you. I had an Ebay account many years back selling items, i started it in 2001 and it must have been 2003 it got banned. I have ran a business since then using Ebay but with my partners name and this closed in January.

Having not used an Ebay account with my own name for years i thought i would give it a try and i started importing and selling slowly. after 2 months i was suspended and had to fax in details of my address and supplier. I did this and was allowed back on! Happy days.

4 months on and everything is going great, 100% feedback, fees paid on time just about to be a powerseller and started selling between 15-20 items per day and then i got blocked.

MC055 linked to my original account in 2001!! I cant really understand why this has happened after they had already checked me out, anyone no why??
Anyway i have been handed a new account by a mate which has been going for a bit and is in good standing so what i want to know is.

1) Can i use the same Paypal account if i swap the email address to a new one? I have read about a guy getting suspended on here for buying using the same Paypal account linked to his previous selling account.

2) My IP address changes evertime i log on because i have a router which i unplug everyday. I have deleted all cookies and cleaned the computer up So this should be ok, am i right?

3) The descriptions of my items are going to be the same becuase my supplier has already detailed auction adverts which a few people are using. Is this wise or will Ebay look at the description? I will obviously changet the postage and packing details and contact area but its just the actual product description.

Thats it really, would appreciate the help as the money was rolling in and i am sure it will again if i can get back on! I have wife and 3 girls so as you can imagine i need the extra income to keep them happy!!!

thanks,
Jenko123
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-09-2009

Longevity: 89%

eBay and Paypal system runs tons of filters every day. Many people's accts got linked for the same ridiculous reason.

if you plan to do a long term business on ebay, get a Stealth Book here and follow the steps, also read the latest posts to get the most up-to-date info about eb&pp.

If you only read peoples posts here, you won't get a whole picture, only pieces protection.

You will still face those suspension and limitation things sooner or later.
Old 08-09-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

1. Not a good idea to use old Paypal. You will be linked again, eventually. Probably soon. Also, you want the name on Paypal to match the name of your new ebay account.

2. Delete flash objects and scan for DOM.

3. eBay has automated bots that can link your new account based on previous listings matching the new listings. Can match photos by file hash, too. So need to alter the photos and strip the exif.
Old 08-09-2009
Threadstarter  

Cheers people

Right ok so if i use my mates Ebay account and paypal account and on top of this clear my computer completely (i have done some of this using a thing called crap cleaner which seems damn good) delete all my pictures and re do them in a different file i should be ok! The descriptions of the items are going to be the same but there is many sellers using the same description becuase there is not a lot else you can right. My PC uses a different IP evertime i log on so no worries there.

Anything else i have to be aware of do you think?
Old 08-09-2009
Threadstarter  

ALso mate, forgot about this

what does So need to alter the photos and strip the exif. mean?
Old 08-09-2009
Vicvelcro

exif is hidden codes in images. GPS coordinates, camera name, things like that. There's a thread about stripping exif. Software named exif tag remover.

You don't need to delete your pictures. Strip the exif then crop each just a tiny bit. Or change the brightness or contrast. It changes the hash value of the file that the ebay bots scan.
Old 08-09-2009

Activity: 2%

What's the link to the thread? I can't seem to find it
This is a good one to be aware of
Old 08-09-2009
Vicvelcro

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tr...you-maybe.html
Old 08-09-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

exif is really good idea, easy to use, Vic is the officialgenius of this forum
Old 08-09-2009

Activity: 2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
exif is really good idea, easy to use, Vic is the officialgenius of this forum
Yeah, he is! He's helped alot consistently. I guess then you can say I'm the OfficialGenius for some things
Old 08-09-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficialGenius View Post
Yeah, he is! He's helped alot consistently. I guess then you can say I'm the OfficialGenius for some things
Self-given Modesty for one