PROXY servers (proxies) and VPN , TOR - Hiding your IP - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > eBay Tracking

eBay Tracking General discussions on eBay tracking, account linking, IP address, user accounts and more.

Old 01-29-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 99%
Exclamation PROXY servers (proxies) and VPN , TOR - Hiding your IP

Editor's Note: Our current research shows that all proxies, IP masking/cloaking tools, VPN, TOR, etc. will get you busted by EBAY. At best, they will throw your account into close scrutiny.

This thread shows the process by which we determined this fact.

---

Do they really mask you from your real location and does ebay system (not human) auto ban you if they dont see your ip in "city" of registered "city"?

So they can't track me and come to my house and sue me sayin i opened 10 suspended accts already? >.< Since it is possible to physically track down the exact location of house with ip right? Im thinking cuz they say "take legal steps again you" if you keep trying to "abuse ebay" in the message when u get suspended.

Lastly can we all nicely post what proxies to use, how effective they were and the website to download them? =D

Last edited by Modee; 08-29-2008 at 07:51 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ccdef For This Useful Post:
andrescba85 (03-13-2014), maple sugar (02-25-2014), varsity (05-15-2011)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-29-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

Yes proxy IP addresses bounce you from remote locations. So eBay will be unable to trace where the user is from. I used to have to trace people by their IP address to try to verify their orders from me. If a person had a proxy ip address, like AOL I would call to verify them instead. Not that it has anything to do with what you're talking about.

Also a lot of users use proxies all the time, eBay may not like it but they'll usually not suspend you just for this reason.

As for tracking your IP, they won't be able to if you use proxies. But who needs tracking when they have your Paypal information. You address? Anyways there is no law against opening a new eBay account. You're only going against their terms of agreement, which is worthless. As long as you don't start stealing people's money, you'll be okay.

""Im thinking cuz they say "take legal steps again you" if you keep trying to "abuse ebay" in the message when u get suspended.""

Wow, you must really made eBay mad at you. They know you are the same person over and over again. They're linking your accounts. You must be missing a step when creating a new account. I've never had them say this to me.

As for proxies, I'm not sure. I don't use them my self. I simply change my IP address.

Just remeber eBay and Paypal do not work together when it comes to sharing information. Not at the moment at least. So eBay won't be able to gather your real address from Paypal unless they really wanted it. Which I see you're pushing the limits here. You may need to take a break on eBay. Let them forget about you and try again in a week or two.

Aspkin
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to aspkin For This Useful Post:
andrescba85 (03-13-2014), maple sugar (02-25-2014), mctrader07 (12-23-2013), Piperx (03-11-2015)
Old 01-29-2007
Threadstarter  

Oh what i was saying is this when i got suspend for creating a new acct:

"We regret to inform you that your eBay account has been suspended due to concerns we have for the safety and integrity of the eBay community.

"Abusing eBay" of the eBay User Agreement states, in part:

"...we may limit, suspend, or terminate our service and user accounts, prohibit access to our website, remove hosted content, and take technical and legal steps to keep users off the Site if we think that they are creating problems, possible legal liabilities, or acting inconsistently with the letter or spirit of our policies."
"
Old 01-29-2007
Threadstarter  

Also anyone that had success with proxies would be appreciated if they can share their proxy program/link =D
Old 01-31-2007
Threadstarter  

How did you know it "didn't" work? So you tried using a free proxy to creat account and it got linked? So that proves the proxy doesn't actually hide ur ip? Can you post the link to where you bought ur proxy and how much did it cost?
Old 02-01-2007
Threadstarter  

I just found this free proxy and its like it has a bar at the very top to type ur url in and i tested it first by going to more than 1 ip testing page like myipaddress.com and it all showed that my ip is somewhere else though i am not there so it should be masking my true ip?

Then i went to ebay and logged in fine, ebay should be recording my ⊗⊗⊗⊗ ip now and if im behind the real ip that got accts suspended will i be safe from accounts being linked?

Im sorry modee if you dont want to share where you bought your proxy i wont ask again if you really dont want to share it but anyone else that is reading this thread i'd appreciate if they have any suggestions for any good free or cheap proxies or any ideas about proxies, how they work and if they can really help you and mask your real ip and save you from being acct suspend linked. thanks =D
Old 02-01-2007
Administrator

It's not that Modee doesn't want to help you; it's that he's trying to save that IP from being suspended by eBay. And if someone else knows about it, us mainly and we become suspended he'll be suspended as well. Not that I use proxies, just saying.

Try to Google anything proxy.. proxy services for one.
The Following User Says Thank You to aspkin For This Useful Post:
Piperx (03-11-2015)
Old 02-01-2007
Threadstarter  

Hi yes sorry i understand now sorry modee

Also is there any way i can check if the proxy is working and masking my ip from ebay whether or not the proxy is free or not.

read my previous post i used this free one but also as you have said why modee can't share his proxy,

it means that free ones are used by everyone and thousands of people on the internet, so although i am masking my ip, i am sharing it with thousands of people and if those people are also using the same strategy for ebay evasion then most likely the free proxy is also blacklisted by ebay and I'll get suspended as soon as a create an account right?

So to ensure i am using a proxy that only I am using and private the only way is to buy one >.<
Old 02-01-2007
Administrator

Most likely ccdef.
Old 02-01-2007
Executive [VIP]

Exclamation PROXY servers (proxies)

This is the best proxy tool out there and user friendly too, nothing else compares trust me on this its what I use.

Proxy Switcher - change proxy settings on the fly
Old 02-04-2007
Administrator

How's that working out for you?
Old 02-13-2007
Executive [VIP]

Works great best one I can choose my country and all. No it does not work for macintosh that i know right now.
Old 02-16-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by x2ruff4u View Post
This is the best proxy tool out there and user friendly too, nothing else compares trust me on this its what I use.

Proxy Switcher - change proxy settings on the fly

I am new baby here. I am trying to get back on ebay while they indefinitely suspend me. The reason that ebay suspend me was serveral vero complaint and non-seller performance issue. I regret that my bad business practise in the past. However, I did provide all refund to my buyers. Some of them even fraud me while they see my accounts are suspended. They disputed even the tracking # show delivered.

It was a bad year for me. I am looking forward to set up new ebay account with your guys' advice. The proxy thing is really one thing that puzzle me. What is the fuction for using proxy switcher?

thank you for your opinion. I plan to use my father infor with diferent address, to build a new ebay account and new paypal account.
The Following User Says Thank You to make0moneyonebay For This Useful Post:
Piperx (03-11-2015)
Old 02-18-2007

Anyone out there can share some of your great advice?
Old 02-19-2007
Executive [VIP]

On the proxy switcher there is a tut its in flash and shows you how to use it. I think its under help. Sorry to hear about your bad business before.

Advice: Hm ebay knows your using a proxy. Im pretty sure of that from my experience. The best thing would be to call your isp and renew your ip, make it a dynamic ip.
Old 02-19-2007

ok. Thank you for all the great advices.
Old 03-12-2007

Default Curious

What is the purpose of a proxy? Why not just reset your IP in the fashion mentioned in the tutorial? I turned off my modem, disconnected my network, did a direct link to my comp from the modem, release/renew IP, Rebooted the whole system and it is a different IP all together. All except the first 2 numbers. Am I missing something?
Old 04-27-2007

Default Will these hideip wotk?

Will Hide-My-IP.Com - Hide Your IP Address, Surf Anonymously, Protect Your Identify, Guard Against Hackers work with ebay? Or will they give youthe boot quickly? Have anyone tried it?
Old 04-27-2007

Longevity: 98%

eBay ****lists accounts with proxies.

First makes you enter captchas at login, to view your feedback and all over the place.

Then they delete your password and secret key, making you need a new password again. Sometimes they email sellers saying the account was comprimised.

Sometimes making new accounts even just sleeper ones that never do anything if made on a proxy will get them a NARU in a few days.

For some reason eBay seemed to removed the ****listing of things using Tor Anonymity Network although Tor is horribly slow and the right proxy if it's transparent is fast.
Old 04-27-2007

Default What do everyone think of this?

Does any use hidemyip to access ebay. Heres the link to it. I think I might give it a try...?

Hide-My-IP.Com - Hide Your IP Address, Surf Anonymously, Protect Your Identify, Guard Against Hackers
Old 04-28-2007

has anybody tried this? I'm thinking about giving it a go too
Old 04-28-2007

Longevity: 98%

I have a broadband connection, and now i use AOL for broadband. You get a new IP address everytime you sign on, and still have a high speed connection. You get the best of both worlds. Even though I hate AOL. I have tested it with ip-address.com and i get a different ip. I have also changed the ip address on my cable modem and router just in case I forget to sign into AOL before I goto ebay.