Before you panic.... (Policy changes for March 2019) - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 02-18-2019

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 40%
Default Before you panic.... (Policy changes for March 2019)

The end of the world is upon us as we know it... or is it?

Remember how it seemed like it was the End Of The World and everything seemed absolutely hopeless the day things went south and you found this forum after desperately searching online.

Remember how it seemed like things were going to change and become impossible once they announced PP and E*ay were going separate ways.

Remember how it felt the first time you logged in and saw your two new Stealth accounts were linked and limited.

Remember how it seemed disastrous the day VBA's were toast.

Remember how it was the End Of Stealth and selling in all these well cultivated niches when the "Claim It" feature started to pop up.

...and I'm sure there are many on here who barely noticed many of the above events, but there are a bunch (myself included) who were CONVINCED this was the end of selling and that my business was toast and my inventory worthless when some of the above occurred or were announced.

Each time something new comes up, it's just an opportunity to sharpen your game, sharpen your focus, and to take better care of your active accounts. Sure it hurts when you see saved accounts deleted, linked, or otherwise rendered useless because of policy changes, but remember, you're still here, so you must be still selling, and probably to a large extent because of the support of this forum.

There's not (yet) a medical term for that orb of sickness that PP puts in your stomach from time to time, but the cure is this forum, and before you experience that orb of PP sickness unnecessarily again, remember all these changes, whatever they are and whenever they hit, if you're an honest seller and just want to keep selling and doing good business, with the support of the folks here, you probably will.

Last edited by Elliot; 02-18-2019 at 05:52 AM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Elliot For This Useful Post:
CAPH (03-23-2019), ivanicon (02-18-2019), nickopedia (02-18-2019), TheRealist (02-18-2019)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-18-2019
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 43%
Default Re: Before you panic.... (Policy changes for March 2019)

Elliot: This has got to be one of the best posts I have seen in a long time.

Just because we read about something perceivably negative coming from eBay or PayPal doesn't mean it's all bad.

Instead of all doom & gloom, we should all be thankful a forum like this exists for the benefit of others to work out solutions going forward.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nickopedia For This Useful Post:
CAPH (03-23-2019), Elliot (02-18-2019), ivanicon (02-18-2019), martyjump (02-18-2019), mzhacker (02-21-2019), TheRealist (02-18-2019)
Old 02-18-2019

Longevity: 34%

Just because workarounds were found before, does not mean that will always be the case. Especially in regards to eBay and general stealth. Look at how stealth on Amazon vs eBay currently works. eBay is moving more in Amazon's direction. Many of the people who currently stealth on eBay, could never hack it on Amazon. The process is much more complicated and not everyone can do it.

The simple fact is things are getting harder and many will be forced out of the game. There may very well come a point where only those willing to steal identities and commit fraud will be left to ply their trade. Loopholes are being closed, laws are changing, the future is clear.

For a lot of people, even creating an LLC or EIN is a major hurdle.

Having said all that, No this current upcoming Paypal change will most likely not be the end of the world for most stealthers. But something like Paypal starting to care about Name mismatches, would honestly force a LOT of people from the game. And I think the new eBay in 2020, will do that.

Last edited by Leader2dark; 02-18-2019 at 10:07 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Leader2dark For This Useful Post:
jamescarson3000 (02-21-2019)
Old 02-18-2019
Threadstarter  

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 40%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leader2dark View Post
Just because workarounds were found before, does not mean that will always be the case.....

I agree with that, things are definitely changing. But the total collapse of anything isn't around the corner, and that's the level we tend to panic at each time there are changes.

From early PP to current PP to PPCash to Adyen to Crypto-lasers with fairy dust (or whatever is next), there will almost always be a difficult payment system to deal with, as well as some help and support here, and the panic we go through is almost always unnecessary. I actually had a version of that next to my monitor, that's why I put it in a thread, for the benefit of anyone else who like me gets nervous and feels hopeless as they read up on the forum, because some of the posts (mostly by noobs) can really bring me down rather than add to my research. It's just a reminder not to panic, or read too much into all the doom and gloom that gets posted sometimes.
Old 02-21-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leader2dark View Post
Just because workarounds were found before, does not mean that will always be the case. Especially in regards to eBay and general stealth. Look at how stealth on Amazon vs eBay currently works. eBay is moving more in Amazon's direction. Many of the people who currently stealth on eBay, could never hack it on Amazon. The process is much more complicated and not everyone can do it.

The simple fact is things are getting harder and many will be forced out of the game. There may very well come a point where only those willing to steal identities and commit fraud will be left to ply their trade. Loopholes are being closed, laws are changing, the future is clear.

For a lot of people, even creating an LLC or EIN is a major hurdle.

Having said all that, No this current upcoming Paypal change will most likely not be the end of the world for most stealthers. But something like Paypal starting to care about Name mismatches, would honestly force a LOT of people from the game. And I think the new eBay in 2020, will do that.
People are under estimating ebay 2020. I know another website that requires EIN and they can INSTANTLY see if the name matches. Because i have a legit business account on said website. And no it's not amazon for those wondering, they match name to EIN instantly, that's coming to ebay, and then you also need a bank for ebay. The only successful stealth in 2020 with ebay will be those with LLC's and Ein's

Enjoy those accounting bills.... and LLC filings, monthly tax payments in 20 accounts, quarterly filings for 20 accounts, yearly filings for those 20 accounts.

of course if you're a scammer and not paying uncle sam, go kys
Old 02-21-2019

Longevity: 46%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moscutter View Post
People are under estimating ebay 2020. I know another website that requires EIN and they can INSTANTLY see if the name matches. Because i have a legit business account on said website. And no it's not amazon for those wondering, they match name to EIN instantly, that's coming to ebay, and then you also need a bank for ebay. The only successful stealth in 2020 with ebay will be those with LLC's and Ein's

Enjoy those accounting bills.... and LLC filings, monthly tax payments in 20 accounts, quarterly filings for 20 accounts, yearly filings for those 20 accounts.

So in 2020 we are toast? I thought it wasnt until 2023? When paypal parts ways
Old 02-21-2019

Longevity: 34%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moscutter View Post

Agreed. The future does not look good for stealth. No way around this hard fact. Glad I didn't quit my day job.