Please help , paypal limited. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 02-22-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 29%
Default Please help , paypal limited.

Any help with my problem would be greatly appreciated.

Backgroud.

I have been selling watches on eBay using PayPal for years, making a modest income. I have turned over hundreds of thousands in revenue over the years with minimal issues.
I got a call one day direct from a buyer asking to buy a £9000 Rolex I had advertised and to pay by PayPal inoice.
The Rolex was my most expensive watch as the time eclipsing my other 6 by around 4X.
I sent the buyer an invoice he paid and I sent the watch out, nothing unusual as I had done this in the past many times before, under the illusion that I am covered by PayPal buyer protection.

Once the buyer recieved the parcel he claimed he recieved an empty box and opened a case.

Great, so I responded to the case with the information requested. I sent an invoice from where I purchased the watch and the tracking receipt.
PayPal then decide in my favour, panic over.

Around a week and a half later I get an email from PayPal saying they have reversed their decision and beleive that the buyer should be able to return the item, so what an empty box in his words? So I call PayPal speak to a rep in Ireland and she says she sees my concern and it makes sense and she will note it on the system, and to simply appeal once what we assume to be an empty box comes back.
Low and behold an empty box comes back and I appeal the case my appeal is rejected. I call PayPal and spoke to another rep in Ireland who apolagises and says you cant appeal a descision for the same reason the buyer has appealed and that in these instances we always side with the buyer if they follow the correct procedure.

Great, so at this point my account is in £9000 negative balance, with PayPal's collection team already chasing me.
So I decide not to pay as, firstly why should I and secondly I cant afford to I only make 5-10% a watch.
I then get a letter from a debt collection agency asking for the money, I then call a lawyer who says you dont have to pay anything, and wait to see if they try and take you to court and go from there which he doubted they will.

Fast forward four months. I am now trading with cash on collection only on all my listing struggling to make a sale, living essentially on my capital.
My friend then offers to let me use his PayPal account, so I go ahead we update it to a private limited company and lift the recieving limits, all the information seperate to myself and I get going making a recovery.

Today I then make an extremely stupid mistake.

I go on my old eBay account and I see a watch, which I purchase and checkout using his PayPal account and even forgetting to change the delivery address, so its in my name and address.
An hour later the payment for the watch gets cancelled by PayPal and the new PayPal account gets restricted with them asking for additional information.

The final piece of information being the following:

Resolve issues in your other account(s)

Your account is attached to another account with unresolved issues. If you have an eBay account or another PayPal account, log in to your account to resolve any problems.

(email address of my old account)

I have around £7000 from my first month of trading in a while in his account. If I dont get it I literally cannot pay my bills.

Has anyone got any advice on how I can get round this, help would be greatly appreciated.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-22-2019

Longevity: 47%
Default Re: Please help , paypal limited.

They are all assholes. Don't use it for high amount transaction. There is no protection for seller at all. You can simply scam any seller on the site. I know a guy who scam everything from random sellers, cellphones computers etc. He just sent empty box back and ebay will refund him.
Old 02-22-2019
Threadstarter  

It’s, crazy. To think PayPal have been taking circa 3% on every transaction I’ve done in the last five years and can see I’m an established seller with loads of history, followed there procedure to the letter and they still side with the buyer it’s a joke.
They now have 7k of my money. Have you got any suggestions on how I can get this money from them?
Old 02-22-2019

Longevity: 42%
Send a message via ICQ to roober Send a message via Skype™ to roober

are you using your old eBay account and your friend's PayPal account? so they linked your PayPal accounts, which has a negative balance

you should call PayPal on behalf of your friend and talk that accounts PP have different owners
in fact, there are not many options in this case, and everything will depend on the behavior of support PayPal

but be ready for additional verification requests
Old 02-22-2019
Threadstarter  

Yes, I’m using my old only established eBay account which had my original PayPal connected, it’s perfect with loads of feedback, although all the information I changed it over to match my friends PayPal before we linked them, I just use that account for selling which has been fine up unti now.
I then today, have another old eBay account which I’ve always used for buying which I think caused the limitation when I tried to buy something paying with the new PayPal and then electing it to be delivered to my name and address, stupidly.
What do you suggest my friend says to PayPal customer support when he calls them.
Old 02-24-2019

Thanked 1,098 Times in 1,034 Posts
Activity: 88%
Longevity: 33%

lets see,'
you got scammed for a $9k Rolex watch by someone who paid via Paypal and then file item dispute with Paypal,you upload tracking etc and won the case.
The scammer must have filed item not received instead of ITEM NOT AS DESCRIBED,so PAYPAL bot rules in your favor when y ou uploaded tracking and signature confirmation showing he has received the item.
He should have filed item not as described instead,then bot will ask him to return the item and he will get his money back.
Then He have filed either with his cc issuer or appeal the dispute,changing the dispute reason to item not as described.
Since PAYPAL has never seen the box when it arrived so it will ask the buyer t o return the item so you get the item back and he gets his money back.
No one but the two of you know what is in the box,not Paypal,not Ebay.
The right thing to do for an honest buyer is to file a police report,but even the police has no way to know if he has removed the watch before he arrived.
What some sellers do is to note the weight of the package returned and call the police,open the box in his presense and file a report on the spot,but doing so,he will still lose the case with Ebay and Paypal as it will tell him to pick up the case with the carrier.
so now you owe PAypal $9k and decide to abandon that account and use your friend to open a new account,but make a mistake of using the old Ebay account with the old Paypal account still linked to it to make purchases,
then you made payment with your NEW paypal account with your old Ebay shipping address.
Need we say more.
you can either settle with Paypal or find another friend and start all over and make sure you dont ever ever revisit your old paypal,ebay accounts,by erasing any bookmarks which lead to these old accounts,or better get a new PC and start all over ,just imagine you are now reincarnated to this planet as a new person.
BTW,folks who have owed PAYPAL money and decide not to pay,and decide they will not use that account to accept payments ,sometimes they will forget they owe money and then decide to buy something using that account /credit card linked to that account,Paypal is legally allowed to hitch a ride and charge y our credit card for the balance owed to them,it is legally a okay for them to do so.
so now you are on good terms with Paypal but not your cc issuer
Old 02-24-2019

you must have heard the saying-dont sell anything you cant afford to lose .
Other sellers have the same problem,established stores and individual selling expensive items,2 are watch sellers,both lost their watches worth over $40k.
one is a Florida preowned high end watches store in business for 60 years and selling on ebay for several years,shipped via Fed Exp a 45K watch ,buyer said he wants to return the item,so they issue a call tag and have it returned via Fed Exp,they did not insure the return.
When it came back ,the box weigh less,so they called the police and open the box in front of him,it was empty so they filed police report and called Ebay.
BTW,Ebay has a customer service dept dealing with item over $1k.
they were told to refund in full in 3 days and take it up with Fed Exp,else ebay wil do the refund for them.
Another case,an Ebay seller sold a watch worth $44k ,BUYER MADE PAYMENT via Paypal ,there is no shipping address but in the note ,he gave a shipping address.
Seller called PAYPAL and the rep assured her it is okay to ship to that address.
She shipped and the rest is history,
Do you know some PAYPAL ACCOUNT does not have shipping address if all he does is to buy digital/virtual goods or pay for services?
Old 02-24-2019
Threadstarter  

Understood. Unfortunately I have learnt the hard way.

However what do you suggest I say, or my friend says to PayPal to get the funds in the account released.

Myself or himself have yet to speak to them it’s now been a few days.

Any suggestions, anyone been in the same or similar scinerio and managed to get the funds released?

If he calls them and says he just ordered something to my address as he was away on holiday, and he has nothing else to do with me will that work?

Any help will be appreciated.
Old 02-24-2019

Paypal has heard every excuse in the book,yours is nothing new.
Paypal has this merchant account to accept credit card payment for us and make a few bucks doing so,it is not in it to lose money.
You owed them 9k,your friend wont get the account unrestricted .
when a buyer skips the sales venue,and it sounds like you listed the watch on Ebay,and instead give you a call.
how did he get your phone number?
are you two trying to deal outside Ebay,thats fee avoidance for you.
But ebay is not involved in this,my suspicion is that the buyer is a regular fraudster who can no longer use Ebay so why not call you and deal outside Ebay .
But pAYPAL also keeps track of fraudster and there are times it will give a warning!
This is one problem when you dont have your own merchant account else you could ask them to call his cc issuer,may be it could find out some dirts like he does a lot of charge back,they do talk to each other.
sorry for your loss
Old 02-24-2019

Now you get your friend in trouble,he cannot use his Paypal account anymore and his friends should stay away from you both,you two are troublemakers.
Old 02-24-2019
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 17%
Longevity: 40%

To be honest there is not much you can do, take the hit and learn from it purchase the Stealth Book and open stealth accounts and for future reference never leave more then £500 in your paypal account even if it means withdrawing everyday.
Old 02-24-2019

it is not your shipping address which prompts PAYPAL to restrict your friend PAYPAL account,it is your Ebay account which is linked to your Paypal account which has a defict balance of 9k,which triggers the restriction.
by using that Ebay account to make purchase,and then make payment with your friend Paypal account ,it connects the two Paypal accounts-yours and your friend.