The war on cash. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Everything Else

Everything Else For off-topic conversation. The rules are relaxed in here, but play nice!

Old 02-20-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 37%
Default The war on cash.

JP Morgan announced recently its own cryptocurrency. A quick search on Google brings in countless results and prophecies about how cash will cease to exit.

I strongly believe this war is real, but here is why I also think it is hard to win:

1. Right now the US dollar is the reserve currency of the world. If a digital currency is to replace that, the US must help implement a universal payment system in all countries around the globe. Many countries on this planet don't have toilets, so good luck doing that!

2. A digital currency means a blockchain will be present to track and confirm all transactions. This will kill all the fraud going on nowadays (including the fraud committed by banks...etc).

3. Regardless of what people think, I think there is a universal awakening taking place. In the last 10 years people consciousness has improved a lot in my opinion. In the US for example, people learned a lot just by observing what took place in the 2016 election. So I am optimistic about a future resistance by the public against this demonic plan.

What are your thoughts on this?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-20-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,021 Times in 709 Posts
Longevity: 75%
Default Re: The war on cash.

People will always find a way.

Cash is king. And the tighter you pull, the harder most people will pull back.
Old 02-20-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Unlikely that the US dollar will be replaced - the mindset is too strong
Old 02-20-2019

Longevity: 34%

Cash / crypto / credit coexist.

Would be great to see a blockchain alternative backed in every day society solving actual problems. BTC's biggest flaw imo.

Last edited by Sunspot144; 02-20-2019 at 07:38 PM.
Old 02-20-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunspot144 View Post
Cash / crypto / credit coexist.

Would be great to see a blockchain alternative backed in every day society solving actual problems. BTC's biggest flaw imo.

Why on earth would you want to see a blockchain alternative in the first place? I don't see any problems in today society with respect to payment systems.

What else could we wish for? We have PayPal, Master, Visa, Banks, Western Union...etc. Seriously, we have it all. Blockchain means every cent you spent will be documented (literally). Digital currency? Good luck having real power over your OWN money
Old 02-20-2019

Bartering tangible goods has been around since the stone age - dont think cash will be replaced by digital 100%.

What I mean is if the gov adopts crypto and picks up where BTC falls short it could be used in better ways than it is now (much like the way companies outsource your spare CPU processing power to solve algorithms, simulations, etc.) BTC just wastes tons of electricity on pointless blockchains. This way it's at least backed by society - not shady, somewhat anonymous, back door transactions BTC was founded on. But whether they decide to go that route is anybody's guess.
Old 02-21-2019

Longevity: 48%

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkingupwards View Post
JP Morgan announced recently its own cryptocurrency. A quick search on Google brings in countless results and prophecies about how cash will cease to exit.

I strongly believe this war is real, but here is why I also think it is hard to win:

1. Right now the US dollar is the reserve currency of the world. If a digital currency is to replace that, the US must help implement a universal payment system in all countries around the globe. Many countries on this planet don't have toilets, so good luck doing that!

2. A digital currency means a blockchain will be present to track and confirm all transactions. This will kill all the fraud going on nowadays (including the fraud committed by banks...etc).

3. Regardless of what people think, I think there is a universal awakening taking place. In the last 10 years people consciousness has improved a lot in my opinion. In the US for example, people learned a lot just by observing what took place in the 2016 election. So I am optimistic about a future resistance by the public against this demonic plan.

What are your thoughts on this?
I read the title thought you saw advertisement on fox news
Old 02-21-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,039 Times in 773 Posts
Activity: 39%
Longevity: 81%

There is no disputing the war is real, government want complete control; making sure you're paying your taxes, seeing where you going and what you are spending your money on, stopping you laundering money, using your money, selling your transaction data to other companies,etc.

I'm now in South East Asia where they pretty much have a cash economy - I have barely used my card since I arrived, although if you want to withdraw cash from the machine then it's very expensive, best to bring hard cash with you.

I use prepaid cards from challenger banks, and many of them let you make free, or almost free, POS transactions around the globe, they are of course selling your data to those interested .

In future I will try to be as cash based as possible, before I travel from the UK withdraw a load of money, and just keep the card as a backup. I would also like to trade gold as I travel.
Old 02-21-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 66%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sax4 View Post
There is no disputing the war is real, government want complete control; making sure you're paying your taxes, seeing where you going and what you are spending your money on, stopping you laundering money, using your money, selling your transaction data to other companies,etc.

I'm now in South East Asia where they pretty much have a cash economy - I have barely used my card since I arrived, although if you want to withdraw cash from the machine then it's very expensive, best to bring hard cash with you.

I use prepaid cards from challenger banks, and many of them let you make free, or almost free, POS transactions around the globe, they are of course selling your data to those interested .

In future I will try to be as cash based as possible, before I travel from the UK withdraw a load of money, and just keep the card as a backup. I would also like to trade gold as I travel.
I could not agree more.

I hate the way society is going in general. This stealth lark is important to me as it gives us some degree of control. I really hope cash stays around as well as stealth.
Old 02-21-2019
Threadstarter  

People nowadays have a very watered down sense of privacy. I keep seeing people with the attitude: "Well, I don't have anything to hide, so I am o.k with Google and the government spying on me" and I am like WTF is wrong with these "humans"!!

I don't know man, sheeple are so asleep it pisses me off af :-/
Old 02-21-2019

No doubt libtards and credit companies would love a 100% digital economy.

Libtard extremists would like the preventitive money laundering aspect.

Make some 1s and 0s, loan it to people with bad credit, and make money back on APR and late payment fees

Idk, maybe a few bad years of democratic presidents and it could get messy. Never had more than 1 democratic pres in a row in US history tho lol.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sunspot144 For This Useful Post:
walkingupwards (02-21-2019)
Old 02-21-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Once the dollar collapses it'll be replaced by a world wide digital coin, for sure. The central banking system has been working on consolidating the world's economy, and a one world digital coin would give them the total control they are after. It would eliminate problems like tax evasion, offshore accounts hiding money, and shady untraceable cash deals overnight.. so why wouldn't they be heading in that direction?

Some of the crazier conspiracy theorists are giving near-future dates every week for when the dollar will collapse but I don't think it's going to be any time soon. It's going to take a few decades of getting the world economy ready for it. Eventually the dollar will fall, like every currency in history eventually has, and will be replaced by a 21st century NWO equivalent.

There's my ill-informed opinion. Take it with a grain of salt haha.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
walkingupwards (02-21-2019)
Old 02-21-2019

If it reduces global tensions and creates a more unified planet that's not such a bad tradeoff
Old 02-21-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
If it reduces global tensions and creates a more unified planet that's not such a bad tradeoff

You see... This is the problem. All of this is not being planned for the well being of this f**king planet or the people walking on it. This is being planned for the total enslavement of the human race.

I honestly see right-wing nationalism as the only viable defense right now against this demonic project. Let all nations shrink back to their borders and let the national identity become more and more amplified.

For globalism to work, there needs to be a global monetary system in place which has its own global currency. That for sure has been in existence for decades (i.e: we have the dollar and many international treaties that regulate a whole bunch of matters and it worked very well so far). However, for a global government to be established there needs to be a crypto-currency and a big fat bio-metric-database that stores info on every breathing object on the face of this f**king earth.

The problem with people is not that they're not awake, it is that they don't give a f**king damn but for their daily dose of joy and going out. Nobody cares who is in the white house as long as their live and the economy are going well.

From my observations, people usually get what they deserve/ask for.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to walkingupwards For This Useful Post:
ebaystealth1974 (02-25-2019), phaz0rz (02-21-2019)
Old 02-21-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
When it happens it will take away any illusions we currently have of financial freedom overnight.

A one world totalitarian government backed by a one world digital economy is a f*cking terrifying idea to me.. but it's coming regardless.

Last edited by phaz0rz; 02-21-2019 at 10:52 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
Sunspot144 (02-21-2019)
Old 02-21-2019

Agree, the fed reserve isnt regulated by gov. People have no say in how its valued beyond accepting it as currency. 1971 gold backing (reserves) went out the window because it held economies back. But why would a financial system purposefully deflate fiat and make everyone suffer? Economy doesnt grow and unemployment goes up.

Great depression happened cause we were idiots producing more goods than we could consume. But now with increasing globalized trade even if we had excess it could be exported. Economy stabilizes.

An official global currency doesnt sound too bad. If for whatever reason your country $hit the bed you could be held up by a standard accepted globally, much like gold did. If anything underdeveloped countries could get a leg up and introduce more of their own goods into the global market since the playing field is somewhat leveled. But what I dont get is why would it be digital...

Last edited by Sunspot144; 02-21-2019 at 01:56 PM.
Old 02-21-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
When it happens it will take away any illusions we currently have of financial freedom overnight.

A one world totalitarian government backed by a one world digital economy is a f*cking terrifying idea to me.. but it's coming regardless.
Not in our lifetime though
Old 02-22-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Not in our lifetime though

Who knows? A nuclear war could happen in our lifetime
Old 02-23-2019
Executive [VIP]