Amazon pay restricted. Appeal option 1% whoa!!! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon > Amazon Suspensions

Amazon Suspensions Amazon Suspension. General issues related to Amazon Suspensions. Mostly geared towards Amazon.com.

Old 02-23-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 56%
Default Amazon pay restricted. Appeal option 1% whoa!!!

So for the first time I got a amazon pay restriction. I had 250 transactions and 3 items were a to z claims. I do agree I could have been more proactive in taking care of these three transactions but had no idea amazon would block my amazon pay cause of this. 1% is such a strict rule it's like you have to be perfect like amazon.

So they gave me option to appeal and mentioned to let them know what your plan is. I have used amazon pay for 2 years without issues and this is first time. Below is the email I received.

Any suggestions on what I should say in my appeal? I know that the 3 transactions I could have let the customer know it was on backorder and other times updating tracking but just had so much going on.

1). Do you think I have good shot at getting back?

2). How soon should I appeal? Seems I'll be losing sales but want to preserve this account. So wanna go right way of doing this.

3). Any tips on preserving amazon pay? I think I have to be very crucial in each customer.

But below is email i got.

Hello, We have restricted access to your Amazon Pay seller account and placed a temporary hold on any funds in your account. You may not process payments using Amazon Pay at this time. We took these actions because your order defect rate does not meet Amazon Pay performance target of less than 1%. The order defect rate metric is based on A-to-z Guarantee claims and chargebacks. We encourage you to take appropriate steps to resolve any pending orders. To use Amazon Pay, please send us a plan that explains how you will address this problem. For help creating your plan, search for "Appeal the Removal of Selling Privileges" in Seller Central Help. When you are ready to send us your plan, click the Appeal button next to this message on the Performance Notifications page in Seller Central (https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/...fications.html). We look forward to hearing from you.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-23-2019

Longevity: 51%
Default Re: Amazon pay restricted. Appeal option 1% whoa!!!

Treat it like any suspension. Find out the cause, organize it on how you will fix and handle each issue.
Old 02-23-2019
Threadstarter  

But I'm not sure how to treat it like any other suspension as I havent been suspended much. Should I just be strictly honest (even though 1 of 3 chargeback) was a buyer problem where they didnt contact us prior but was told that you should never blame buyer in appeals.. is that correct?

Anyways just wondering if I should wait few days to appeal or just do it now. If I get my account back (amazon pay that is), I think I wont use it on my site and preserve it to sell on amazon. 1% is pretty strict
Whoa...
Old 02-23-2019

Activity: 8%
Longevity: 78%

Below is some solid advice that I copied from ChannelAdvisor (it saves me typing out the same info)

What to Do When You’re Suspended from Amazon

When we see suspensions on Amazon happen, it strikes us with a cold, sinking feeling in the pit of our stomachs. We understand the implications for you as a retailer — your reputation, your livelihood and your job security are all at risk when your Amazon account is suspended.

If you’re reading this because you just got suspended from we’ll do our best to guide you through your next steps.

Your Roadmap During Suspension

Step 1: Understand the rules you broke. Read over your Amazon suspension notice with a fine-toothed comb. Go to the Policies and Agreements page to understand the letter of the law as it relates to your violation(s). If you still have access to Support, open a ticket to get more details on your suspension.

Step 2: Determine how your business broke the rules. Once you know which rule you broke, it’s important to find out exactly why. Check Seller Central performance and metrics. Evaluate your processes to identify issues that buyers experienced. Check your inventory for items that violate Amazon’s terms.

Step 3: Address the issues in a plan of action. In our experience, this is the most important part of the process. Now that you’ve identified why Amazon is taking action and what you did to invite that action, you’re ready to show how you’ll avoid these issues in the future. This is your plan of action. Since this is such an important element of your appeal, we’ll elaborate below.

Step 4: Request an appeal from Amazon. Once you finish your plan of action, you’re ready to submit your appeal to the Seller Performance team. You can do so within Seller Central > Performance > Performance Notifications. Find the suspension notice you’re appealing and click the Appeal button for a vehicle to submit your plan of action. Then, wait for a decision to come from the Amazon team. They’ll typically contact you via email with a decision to either reinstate you or uphold your suspension.

Note: For more details, see Amazon’s page on how to appeal the removal of selling privileges.

Create an Effective Plan of Action

We hope this goes without saying, but you need to give your plan of action some serious thought. Just saying you’re sorry and that you’ll try to do better in the future won’t take you far with Amazon. You need to own up to your mistakes and develop a plan to avoid them in the future. Our suggestions:

Stay professional: Your plan of action isn’t the right forum to express your frustrations or complaints. Real people at Amazon are reading and evaluating your appeal, so keep your request professional — don’t take a sarcastic or confrontational tone.

Be specific: What specifically are you changing in your business to prevent the issue from happening again? Detail everything. Then ask yourself if there’s anything else you could possibly communicate, then include that also. Vague statements make it look like you’re hiding something.

Address how the fault occurred in the first place: Your violation might have some extenuating circumstances that shed light on why it happened. Detail this for Amazon, but don’t stop there. Show how you’ll prevent the same or similar circumstances in the future.

Look for other issues: Even though your suspension was likely tied to one event or series of events, other issues in your seller history could also have contributed to a degraded seller standing. Review feedback from the past 12 months (a report is available in Seller Central), read all A-to-z claims and download all Order Defect Rate component issues (found under Seller Central > Performance > Customer Satisfaction > Performance Over Time > Show order defect rate components > Download). Address these issues in your plan of action as well.

Quantify everything possible: Use numbers and exact time frames, including dates where possible. Avoid “many,” “a few,” “sometimes,” “several,” “occasionally” and other vague references that could indicate that you don’t have a handle on the details.

Show an investment: If you’ve failed to comply with Amazon policy in the past, your existing staff and processes most likely need an upgrade. Show Amazon you’ve made an investment and how that will pay off with more compliance in the future.

Create redundancy: Even within a well-meaning plan, there could still be single points of failure. Show that you’ve thought through your plan of action and identify areas where you have redundancy and checks and balances.

Consider Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA): For sellers with suspensions that resulted from shipping issues, using FBA is a great future strategy and one that Amazon looks at favorably.

Make sure to share your plan of action with your team. See if those in other areas of your organization (customer service, shipping, listing) can find fault — and get their buy-in for next steps. If you’re reinstated, your team will be delivering on the expectations you’ve set with Amazon, so everyone needs to be on board.

Although you can submit multiple appeals, your best chance of success is addressing all concerns Amazon might have in your first appeal and plan. Take the time to get it right initially and you should have the best chance of reinstatement.

Prepare for Reinstatement

Get your team prepped and ready for reinstatement. If Amazon reinstates you, this will be your last chance — you don’t want to fumble the ball. Also, make sure all your listings are deactivated when you submit your appeal. If you’re reinstated, inventory must be up to date, so you can turn on your listings after you’re sure your stock levels are accurate. Solutions like ChannelAdvisor can help ensure this automatically.

When Things Don’t Go Your Way

Once you’ve submitted your appeal, you’ll be on pins and needles waiting for a response. Sadly, we’ve seen some appeals that haven’t led to reinstatement, even when these best practices and recommendations are followed. This is especially true for sellers who open a new Amazon account after their original account was suspended or sellers who repeatedly sell restricted products.

If you’ve appealed once and been rejected, you can submit additional appeals, but as mentioned above, they’re less likely to be successful. You might find that it’s best to complete your cycle of grief, find new motivation and look to the broader e-commerce landscape for other opportunities, which are abundant.
The Following User Says Thank You to degsey69 For This Useful Post:
ilovesushi (02-23-2019)
Old 02-23-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by degsey69 View Post
Below is some solid advice that I copied from ChannelAdvisor (it saves me typing out the same info)

What to Do When You’re Suspended from Amazon

When we see suspensions on Amazon happen, it strikes us with a cold, sinking feeling in the pit of our stomachs. We understand the implications for you as a retailer — your reputation, your livelihood and your job security are all at risk when your Amazon account is suspended.

If you’re reading this because you just got suspended from we’ll do our best to guide you through your next steps.

Your Roadmap During Suspension

Step 1: Understand the rules you broke. Read over your Amazon suspension notice with a fine-toothed comb. Go to the Policies and Agreements page to understand the letter of the law as it relates to your violation(s). If you still have access to Support, open a ticket to get more details on your suspension.

Step 2: Determine how your business broke the rules. Once you know which rule you broke, it’s important to find out exactly why. Check Seller Central performance and metrics. Evaluate your processes to identify issues that buyers experienced. Check your inventory for items that violate Amazon’s terms.

Step 3: Address the issues in a plan of action. In our experience, this is the most important part of the process. Now that you’ve identified why Amazon is taking action and what you did to invite that action, you’re ready to show how you’ll avoid these issues in the future. This is your plan of action. Since this is such an important element of your appeal, we’ll elaborate below.

Step 4: Request an appeal from Amazon. Once you finish your plan of action, you’re ready to submit your appeal to the Seller Performance team. You can do so within Seller Central > Performance > Performance Notifications. Find the suspension notice you’re appealing and click the Appeal button for a vehicle to submit your plan of action. Then, wait for a decision to come from the Amazon team. They’ll typically contact you via email with a decision to either reinstate you or uphold your suspension.

Note: For more details, see Amazon’s page on how to appeal the removal of selling privileges.

Create an Effective Plan of Action

We hope this goes without saying, but you need to give your plan of action some serious thought. Just saying you’re sorry and that you’ll try to do better in the future won’t take you far with Amazon. You need to own up to your mistakes and develop a plan to avoid them in the future. Our suggestions:

Stay professional: Your plan of action isn’t the right forum to express your frustrations or complaints. Real people at Amazon are reading and evaluating your appeal, so keep your request professional — don’t take a sarcastic or confrontational tone.

Be specific: What specifically are you changing in your business to prevent the issue from happening again? Detail everything. Then ask yourself if there’s anything else you could possibly communicate, then include that also. Vague statements make it look like you’re hiding something.

Address how the fault occurred in the first place: Your violation might have some extenuating circumstances that shed light on why it happened. Detail this for Amazon, but don’t stop there. Show how you’ll prevent the same or similar circumstances in the future.

Look for other issues: Even though your suspension was likely tied to one event or series of events, other issues in your seller history could also have contributed to a degraded seller standing. Review feedback from the past 12 months (a report is available in Seller Central), read all A-to-z claims and download all Order Defect Rate component issues (found under Seller Central > Performance > Customer Satisfaction > Performance Over Time > Show order defect rate components > Download). Address these issues in your plan of action as well.

Quantify everything possible: Use numbers and exact time frames, including dates where possible. Avoid “many,” “a few,” “sometimes,” “several,” “occasionally” and other vague references that could indicate that you don’t have a handle on the details.

Show an investment: If you’ve failed to comply with Amazon policy in the past, your existing staff and processes most likely need an upgrade. Show Amazon you’ve made an investment and how that will pay off with more compliance in the future.

Create redundancy: Even within a well-meaning plan, there could still be single points of failure. Show that you’ve thought through your plan of action and identify areas where you have redundancy and checks and balances.

Consider Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA): For sellers with suspensions that resulted from shipping issues, using FBA is a great future strategy and one that Amazon looks at favorably.

Make sure to share your plan of action with your team. See if those in other areas of your organization (customer service, shipping, listing) can find fault — and get their buy-in for next steps. If you’re reinstated, your team will be delivering on the expectations you’ve set with Amazon, so everyone needs to be on board.

Although you can submit multiple appeals, your best chance of success is addressing all concerns Amazon might have in your first appeal and plan. Take the time to get it right initially and you should have the best chance of reinstatement.

Prepare for Reinstatement

Get your team prepped and ready for reinstatement. If Amazon reinstates you, this will be your last chance — you don’t want to fumble the ball. Also, make sure all your listings are deactivated when you submit your appeal. If you’re reinstated, inventory must be up to date, so you can turn on your listings after you’re sure your stock levels are accurate. Solutions like ChannelAdvisor can help ensure this automatically.

When Things Don’t Go Your Way

Once you’ve submitted your appeal, you’ll be on pins and needles waiting for a response. Sadly, we’ve seen some appeals that haven’t led to reinstatement, even when these best practices and recommendations are followed. This is especially true for sellers who open a new Amazon account after their original account was suspended or sellers who repeatedly sell restricted products.

If you’ve appealed once and been rejected, you can submit additional appeals, but as mentioned above, they’re less likely to be successful. You might find that it’s best to complete your cycle of grief, find new motivation and look to the broader e-commerce landscape for other opportunities, which are abundant.
Just what I been looking for. Amazon is very good at what they do and seems small time shops like me is hard to keep up despite thinking I'm doing great amazon wants almost perfection.