How long does the 21 day hold last on sales? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 08-10-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 88%
Default How long does the 21 day hold last on sales?

Ok, so I just started a new paypal account because the last Ebay account got shut down. I sold a fair amount of items at a pretty quick rate. Does anyone know when Paypal will stop using 21 day holds on your transactions? I figured it was till about 20 positive feedback, I think that is when they stopped doing it for me. I sold my laptop on there and that was over $600.00 and they didn't put a hold on it. Anyone have an idea? Maybe 30 feedback? I am pretty sure it has to do with the feedback because I was only a member for about a month and a half and had over 50 positive feedback fast.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-10-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

Per the Paypal note that goes with each hold:

When you have +100FB or 20 'good' DSR.
Old 08-10-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Per vicvelcro's post: if and when paypal decide you are OK. THe account may fit the criteria and you think all is OK but if paypal do not have the same thoughts, there will still be holds.

Yes, with those statistics reached, less chance but the threat is there
Old 08-10-2009
Threadstarter  

god what a crock
Old 08-10-2009
Vicvelcro

Couldna seddit better myself.
Old 08-10-2009
Executive [VIP]

Welcome to playland: paypal play but so do we. WE do it better
Old 08-10-2009
Vicvelcro

Correct. The 21 day hold goes away. But they have 10 b'zillion other lame excuses to put a hold on funds or a limit on an account.

The 100FB/DSR thing only removes the automatic 21day no00ob hold.

Just put a tracking number on the item, after it arrives where it should, the hold comes off shortly (unless you have other probs).

If you do a nice job and the buyer is satisfied enough to +FB you, that particular hold comes off for that exact transaction number.

Thus, the hold won't last the full 21 days unless something else is underlying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
Per vicvelcro's post: if and when paypal decide you are OK. THe account may fit the criteria and you think all is OK but if paypal do not have the same thoughts, there will still be holds.

Yes, with those statistics reached, less chance but the threat is there
Old 08-10-2009
Threadstarter  

What if I buy enough positive feedback to get me to say 20 or 30. Would that have any effect? I have just learned from experience to NEVER leave any money in a paypal account.
Old 08-10-2009
Vicvelcro

Don't. Buying feedback has great potential for getting you busted. And 20 or 30 FB as a buyer won't be enough. You don't get DSR as a buyer, since DSR means detailed SELLER rating. Your next question will probably be about selling cheap ebooks for DSR or something close to that. Don't try that either. Doesn't work. Gets you busted.

What's the first line of my sig say?
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
Old 08-10-2009
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigilantex69 View Post
What if I buy enough positive feedback to get me to say 20 or 30. Would that have any effect? I have just learned from experience to NEVER leave any money in a paypal account.
Buying feedback is not recommended; backfires, the account can be suspended. ebay call it Feedback Manipualtion.. Here's where you & others trip yourselves up. If you use paypal you have to have the money to support the items....no point in doing the business of selling IF the item or its cost is not available. You sell me a laptop & I pay at once. Then you say the laptop is not available, what do you think I am going to do? In my case I'll be tolerant & accept the delay. Other buyers will not. Prepare better.
Old 08-11-2009

Longevity: 89%

Do some research online you'll find out there are still many things can sell on eBay with minimum listing fee & postage. Of course, many people who purchase them are looking for the same thing - feedbacks, they don't really care if you mail it or not. The difference is you get Good DSRs, they get points only.
Old 08-11-2009
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 97%

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicvelcro View Post
Just put a tracking number on the item, after it arrives where it should, the hold comes off shortly (unless you have other probs).
How long does it take for the hold to end if i shipped the item to the buyer with confirmation number saying received and the buyer didn't leave a + feedback for me (he forgot or lazy or busy....)?
and does PayPal verify that manually or just according to the status shown via USPS or UPS? Thank you. i don't use PayPal Shipping label , just the normal way
Old 08-11-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by simogold View Post
How long does it take for the hold to end if i shipped the item to the buyer with confirmation number saying received and the buyer didn't leave a + feedback for me (he forgot or lazy or busy....)?
and does PayPal verify that manually or just according to the status shown via USPS or UPS? Thank you. i don't use PayPal Shipping label , just the normal way
It USED to be that when the tracking number said delivered they would release the funds I believe after three days. Under my last ebay experience, this is not the case. They will ONLY release the funds if the buyer leaves positive feedback. I know its a HUGE pan in the ass.
Old 08-11-2009
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 97%

and what if i send the item using PP label shipping and the status was shown delivered as i read here in other thread? they will still hold the funds until positive feedback? thank you
Old 08-11-2009
Vicvelcro

I have not had that happen. I sometimes use PP shipping, sometimes I use a different carrier entirely or just need to go to the shipper in person to get a package weighed.

If I use PP shipping, their system automatically knows when an item arrived (there are delays in the database from all sides) and usually within hours, the funds are released. If I manually enter a tracking number from USPS or UPS, the PP system can track easily and it's pretty much the same story.

When I use a carrier that PP does not support already, I have to watch the tracking and call them to tell them the package got where it was going and give them the website to check it themselves. Funds available before the call has ended.

There have been a few times where it took days after the tracking said a package was there before funds were available. Probably a heavy server load. Could have been near a holiday. I don't exactly remember. But it isn't very often that I have the problem.

If a buyer leaves FB first, I have funds. If tracking shows first, I get the funds. Never had tracking say ok but still have to wait for FB.

YMMV