Possible way to get around the 21 day hold!? Anyone try this!? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 88%
Default Possible way to get around the 21 day hold!? Anyone try this!?

Ok, so I read on another site that a way around the 21 day hold is to issue the buyer a penny refund a POOF, the hold goes away. Anyone ever tried this? Does it work?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-10-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

Been dead since May.
Old 08-10-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Done

.Dead.

Buried.

Memorial services held every week in its memory.
Old 08-10-2009
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 88%

Dammit! They figured it out?
Old 08-10-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via Yahoo to philly387

yeah it didn't last long
Old 08-10-2009
Vicvelcro

Yeah. Everyone was talking about it everywhere. If people had just shut up about it and let the dumb ones stay broke, the smart ones would have still figured it out. It might have lasted 2 weeks longer than it did. (PP is dum yah - but they isn't be stoopid)

People are too quick to talk openly about certain things.

Yes, two people actually CAN keep a secret... If one of them is dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigilantex69 View Post
Dammit! They figured it out?
You really don't want to wait the whole 21 days?

Delivery confirmation. Use it. If you print your shipping right from PP, it's already there. If you use other means, just get a tracking number, key it into PP manually for THE PROPER TRANSACTION. When tracking says package reached its destination and you used PP shipping, wait a few hours and your money is likely released automatically. If you did it otherwise and manually keyed it in, wait till item is delivered, call PP and give them the web link to confirm the tracking. Likely get the funds released.

Or -GASP- make the buyer happy. If they are satisfied and leave you +FB, you get your loot.

I don't see what's so hard about these methods. I mean, what, a couple day delay? Sure it ain't fair. But it ain't murder either.

I'm thinking this is the best way to spot a drop-ship-seller in the dark in a crowded room. Just pick the one who NEEDS the money now to pay a supplier for the goods sold but not in stock.

Not the way to play the game. Choose to be a drop-ship-seller AFTER your account is mature enough to be hold-free. Otherwise, you'll always be losing your accounts before they make it that far. You'll always be NEEDING the funds and coming up short.

Last edited by Vicvelcro; 08-10-2009 at 11:38 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
proudpapa4 (08-11-2009)
Old 08-11-2009

Longevity: 85%

Man vic you nailed that one! Very nicely put! I learned the hard way.
Old 08-11-2009
Executive [VIP]

This forum did not speak too much about that hold. That delete button worked overtime.
Old 08-11-2009
Vicvelcro

Heh, yeah. The best forum for ebay refugees, and we were the least problematic in that regard.

Proudpapa4,

Bum news to hear about anyone having a hard time with anything that keeps the bills paid. There's always a better way, though. Work smart, not hard.

I tried the drop-ship-seller thing. Followed my own advice about getting a hold-free account first. Still was stressful. I like my buyers happy. Doesn't always happen, but that's my goal. I was constantly pacing between computers. Checking delivery tracking, checking my feedback, checking my funds, doing the math for keeping orders covered. Too rough for full-time. Find something particularly tasty, sure. But every day? No way.
Old 08-11-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts

agreed vic, I add tracking or the fb does it, rest which is a small proportion I wait the 21 days..
But
I would say that I personally wouldnt have figured out the 21 day hold myself, unless I have done a partial refund and noticed this happened, holds arent too rare but partial refunds are for me and they would have had to be in combination..so I found out via pm. someone telling me to look at another forum post, which I did..so Im one of those dumb ones you talked about.....its a difficult scenario, keep secrets/ knowledge to yourself, or share and get other things YOU didnt figure out in return...but theres that risk of them patching the loophole..dont know, hard one...
Old 08-11-2009
Vicvelcro

You would have stumbled on it at some point. Maybe not right away, but you would have eventually. And the moment you did, you would have noticed it and figured it out. Or somebody with the inside poop would have tipped you off on the side.

My point is that *SOME* things should not be blabbed out all over the sites that Google crawls. Anyone who is truly capable of being sneaky already knows how to spread the word around. All the crackheads that *HAVE* to be the first one to tell a secret just because it makes them 'cool' - they're the ones that ruined it. How cool is that?!? More than likely, they're the type that caused the 21 day hold to be implemented, anyhow.

If somebody discovers something they *really* don't want getting fixed, shut the hell up. You don't yell out in the middle of a party that you got 2 lids and a sack full of soapers. You call your pals out on the back porch and keep it down low.

What's cooler. Yelling out secrets and screwing the pooch where everyone can see? Or keeping quiet and running train on the man for a year or two? And not even give him the reach-around...

On top of that, it got overused frivolously. A-holes pulling the trick to free up $20. A-holes that used it on every single transaction. Should have only been used *some* of the time. For those 'in a pinch' necessities. Trick 1, float 2. Trick 1, float 2.

Last edited by Vicvelcro; 08-11-2009 at 03:51 AM.
Old 08-11-2009

Longevity: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicvelcro View Post
Heh, yeah. The best forum for ebay refugees, and we were the least problematic in that regard.

Proudpapa4,

Bum news to hear about anyone having a hard time with anything that keeps the bills paid. There's always a better way, though. Work smart, not hard.

I tried the drop-ship-seller thing. Followed my own advice about getting a hold-free account first. Still was stressful. I like my buyers happy. Doesn't always happen, but that's my goal. I was constantly pacing between computers. Checking delivery tracking, checking my feedback, checking my funds, doing the math for keeping orders covered. Too rough for full-time. Find something particularly tasty, sure. But every day? No way.
Thanks vic! The more and more i go through and read this forum and get involved the more I learn. I particularly watch for your posts and greenbeans, you're both professional no BS members and have a sincere interest in providing the assistance most of us are looking for.

The way I've done business with ebay in the past no longer exists and I'm thankful to have this group to "show me the way" I'm taking baby steps right now and perhaps being a little too hesitant. Anyways.....

I'm moving away from drop shipping
Old 08-12-2009

If your account is old enough you won't get the hold I am using one that is almost a year old come this Oct and no holds so far, but yeah I did the refund thing too and that account got limited not to long after they put an end to the refund part that could have been part of why it was limited but not sure sucked because it had over $250 in it but I will get it back in a few more months lol
Old 08-12-2009
Vicvelcro

Age of the account doesn't mean anything. I've got an account from 2001 with only a few sales on it. I used it more for buying. Payments from buyers are held for everything. I sell something for $5, it's on hold.

It's a stash account which I am slowly building up. I forgot I had it and just found it again back in March.

8 years old with 32 FB from purchases and 15 FB from sales. I don't have enough DSR on it to see the actual number yet. No funds immediately available when received.
Old 08-13-2009

Longevity: 95%

I heard people where talking about the penny refund on the ebay and paypal fourms sheeseh
Old 08-13-2009
Executive [VIP]

^^^that's been a known fact for months. Nothing new there.
Old 08-13-2009
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 4%

this thread needs to be closed.
Old 08-13-2009

Longevity: 89%

yes dwellin on the past does nuttin for the future
Old 08-13-2009
Vicvelcro

I'm pretty sure there are no publicly known ways to circumvent the hold.

I agree. Close the thread.
Closed Thread