IP Complaint Reinstatement - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 03-06-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 31%
Default IP Complaint Reinstatement

Hello

My amazon account got suspended due to IP complaints. I was doing dropshipping so I cannot produce any invoices as Amazon wants retraction for these 9 ASINs that I have never sold before. I Sent my POAs using AmazonSellerLawyers (ASL) and Amazon responded back asking for retractions from Brand Owners. ASL reached out to brands and 2 of them retracted and 7 of them have not even respond. So far this has cost me $4300. Not sure whether I can proceed with this anymore as I feel like this may cost me $20K or more and yet there is a big chance that they can't get retraction for the remaining 7.

Does anyone know of any good law firm for IP Complaints? Has anyone tried to offer these brands money for compensation of their legal fees or frustration? Would that get their attention? Say I offer them $500 for their legal fees in exchange for retraction?

We have already contacted Jeff Bezos team as well. I also know the account is toasted if I do not get the retractions. But the question is, has anyone been able to successfully get the attention of these brand owner or get reinstated after suspended for IP complaints?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-07-2019

Longevity: 51%
Default Re: IP Complaint Reinstatement

Dude, you gotta do 7 more brands, a lot of them don't even bother to reply.

I've had legitimate items from legitimate suppliers, and the brands just hire third parties to handle it.

Basically unless you're willing to do 7 lawsuits you may be ****ed.
Old 03-07-2019
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 25%
Longevity: 72%

you should have checked the services section here in the forum before spending that crazy amount of money! anyone could have told you that for that money your getting ridiculously over charged ofr a case that has not so great chances

i would recommend changing the entire POA and supplying invoices or a license agreement...

All Amazon want is either a retraction or you to provide/demonstrate authenticity of the products including your rights to sell them

many IP are submitted in error!
The Following User Says Thank You to josh For This Useful Post:
walkingupwards (03-08-2019)
Old 03-07-2019
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 25%
Longevity: 72%

yes but we have managed to reinstate several accs with same issue.

If you read the entire notice form amazon it will say at the end of the email. If they were submitted in error then please submit "explanation" etc
Old 03-08-2019

Longevity: 37%

@OP:

Stop wasting your money. This won't get you anywhere. Escalate to Jeff in order to get your money back, if that fails and you have some extra cash, take Amazon to court to get your money out.

For the future, make sure you have invoices...etc at hand before you start selling.

Amazon is now at its peak. Soon all of this will backfire. Sellers can't keep being beaten up endlessly. Even some brands are leaving Amazon.

In Germany and Austria, Antitrust-lawsuits are in the making after hundreds of sellers have complained about abrupt suspensions and Amazon fixing its listings on the first page and thus manipulating search results.

I don't know man, I think we should be grateful for eBay after all!! At least they're not that draconian.
Old 03-13-2019
Threadstarter  

Thank you all for taking out of your day and replying to this. I am sure you all want to save me the hassle and additional money. However, as a case study I'd see whether I can persuade these brands in any way to retract their claims. I would report back if any of my efforts yield to anything. Lets say I get half of the claims retracted. Then I would approach Amazon and see if they are willing to reinstate me based on the new POA and the fact that half of these guys retracted and rest of them did not even bother to respond. If you guys can think of any other step let me know. I would report this back in here for all of us to learn from my costly endeavor.
Old 03-13-2019

Activity: 9%
Longevity: 78%

Good luck on your endeavors with the manufacturers and Amazon, you asked about IP attorneys, I do not recommend them unless you have bigger pockets than the complainant and then you will still get nowhere.

A quick story, I was actually sued by a large internal company who claimed that I cost them $25 million in sales. When I asked my IP attorneys to get me a copy of their proof of purchases, copy invoices in discovery, I was informed that they had sent them copies so heavily redacted so as not to show anything, but they were sent for my attorneys eyes only Only in the USA can you be sued and not shown the evidence that they are relying on in court. Anyway after about $20,000 wasted attorney fees I fired them, offered no contest to the court and liquidated the companies.

A sub note on this was my first 2 attorneys were hired by the opposing counsels firm and I had to change lawyers. These big guys really wanted to screw me which they did.

A sub sub note large manufacturers look at Amazon listings to sue companies over IP complaints, they do not on eBay, they will just hit you with vero complaints
Old 03-14-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by degsey69 View Post
Good luck on your endeavors with the manufacturers and Amazon, you asked about IP attorneys, I do not recommend them unless you have bigger pockets than the complainant and then you will still get nowhere.

A quick story, I was actually sued by a large internal company who claimed that I cost them $25 million in sales. When I asked my IP attorneys to get me a copy of their proof of purchases, copy invoices in discovery, I was informed that they had sent them copies so heavily redacted so as not to show anything, but they were sent for my attorneys eyes only Only in the USA can you be sued and not shown the evidence that they are relying on in court. Anyway after about $20,000 wasted attorney fees I fired them, offered no contest to the court and liquidated the companies.

A sub note on this was my first 2 attorneys were hired by the opposing counsels firm and I had to change lawyers. These big guys really wanted to screw me which they did.

A sub sub note large manufacturers look at Amazon listings to sue companies over IP complaints, they do not on eBay, they will just hit you with vero complaints
I am sorry to hear that and I can't believe that they got away without showing any evidence. I am not sure what kind of IP violations they were going for, but in my case these were dropshipping products and if they had done any test purchase, they would have failed to prove inauthenticity. Also I have never sold any of those ASINs in questions by Amazon for IP Complaints. But I am very sorry to hear your story and it is painful to see your company being taken away from you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ryanmir For This Useful Post:
degsey69 (03-15-2019)
Old 03-14-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinsoldier View Post
Good luck with that, its NEVER going to happen, why should they? would you in their shoes, of course not?

Anyway, it's your money and you're free to waste it as you choose.
I would have agreed with you, but 2 of them did retract. I have a few ideas to incentivize their cooperation.

Anyways I would update you guys if I was successful and if Yes how.