Subscribed to Selling Manager then got suspended? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 08-03-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,365 Times in 1,526 Posts
Activity: 30%
Longevity: 85%
Default Subscribed to Selling Manager then got suspended?

Hi,

I have lost one of my stealth accounts during the night. It's the old "registration suspension" notice. I have not listed a single item on the account and have only bought half a dozen cheap (but tangible items) to build feedback over the last few days. I created the account mid July and turned it into a seller account four days ago. I have a Paypal account for this account but it is unverified and unlinked at present.

Yesterday, I signed up for Selling Manager and then several hours later I lose the account. Was this action really that suspicious to warrant account suspension??
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-09-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%

Hmmm,,,don't know, although I have heard not to sign up with services like Auctiva until you've sold a few things first.
Knowing that these services are out there makes it look to ebay as if you are an experienced seller and how could that be if your account is brand new.
Nice witch-hunting ebay!
Old 08-10-2009

Longevity: 89%

No. Selling Manager is not the trigger. It's something else. Maybe your registered phone# is a recycled one. I subscribed a Selling Manager Pro 2 days ago, FBs<10, listed 10 items in 2 days. still running fine.
Old 08-12-2009
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Thanked 2,365 Times in 1,526 Posts
Activity: 30%

It appears selling manager was not the problem.

The problem was creating a "seller" account without having a verified and confirmed PP account linked to it - now sorted though.
Old 08-12-2009

Longevity: 89%

Good for you! Getting accounts linked and paired are safer nowadays.
Old 08-12-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebayorbust View Post
Yesterday, I signed up for Selling Manager and then several hours later I lose the account. Was this action really that suspicious to warrant account suspension??
Hi guyz ,I am a programmer ,I write logics,algorithms and also transform them to codes.
My several ebay accounts were suspended in the last 12 months just after subscribing to the selling manager pro .However according to my experience ,it depends on circumstances like how old is your account ,how long you took to start selling after you created seller's account ,number of items listed in 1 day ,did you amend any of your contact detail recently.

I wouldn't say that feedback score matters as feedback score is just to control access to privileges like selling formats ,short period auctions etc.It won't cause suspension.

phone number is a part of personal information (which should always be unique) so I wouldnt confuse it with suspension caused by subscribing to Selling Manager pro.

This is important to bring this to our attention.I agree with DogFacedBoy to a great extent but here we have to understand one thing.As this is an automatic suspension ,therefore we must know how ebay system might have been programmed.
IMO ,this is how it works

When you subscribe to selling manager pro with a newly created or an unused account , the algorithm's conditional block gets activated ,means now it has been asked to check few things on the account just like ,when a younger looking guy goes to an alcohol store and gets asked for ID for looking suspicious.

The algorithem then checks the following (I am trying to be as exact as possible though actual values I dont know but can tell from experience)
1- Has this account had any contact information esp phone number changes in the last X days (7 days IMO) ? if yes ,then suspend ,if no then check more

2-Any of his personal information already exists on our system
if yes then check whether it exists in a suspended account ,if yes suspend, if no then check more

3 - is the person listing items in high risk category (Like electronix ,branded products etc) ,if yes then check ,is he listing more than X number of items (49 IMO) ,if yes then suspend ,if no ,then check is he anyhow listing more than X items (99 IMO) If yes ,sc@ew him ,if not ,let him carry on.

All feedbacks earned in 1 or 2 days can have impact on suspension but not only on their own ,they need to have something more to support suspension.
Feedbacks earned slowly are more real in the books of ebay.

Please share if you have more appropriate reasoning as I find learning more important than anything else.