Pending Suspension! HELP! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 08-12-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 85%
Default Pending Suspension! HELP!

MC197 Your eBay account is restricted -

Our records show your account is linked to a previous eBay account xxx that is currently suspended for nonpayment of eBay fees. Your current account has been restricted from buying or selling until this previous balance has been cleared up.

To pay your fees, please follow these steps:

1. Log out of your eBay account by clicking the "Log Out" button at the top of the page.
2. Click "Sign In" at the top of the next page and log into the previous user ID.
3. In the "Accounts" tab in My eBay, click "Seller Account."
4. Select a method to pay your eBay fees.

To learn more about payment methods, please go to:

eBay: Redirect

If you don't have access to your account or prefer not to pay online, please mail your payment with your payment coupon to:

eBay Inc.
P.O. Box 2179
Carol Stream, IL 60132-2179
United States

-- Please note --
If you're mailing your payment, write your account ID on the check and include a copy of this notice.

If the balance on the suspended account is not resolved within 21 days from the date we sent this message, your active account will become suspended.

If the account that is suspended for nonpayment of eBay fees becomes reinstated within the 21- day period, please reply to this message so that we can remove the restriction on this account.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Sincerely,

eBay Trust & Safety team

So this account will be suspended in 21 days because I owe nearly $550 on a previous account. My question is, I don't want further linking, so I m willing to pay for $50 of fees on this account and close it permanently. Will they able to "suspend" a closed account?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-12-2009

You will be wasting your time. The accounts, and the details on the accounts, are permanently linked and you can't close a restricted account.

If they were accounts with my real details I would gladly pay the $ to save them.

CaptainJack.
Old 08-12-2009

Longevity: 89%

Are you physically in China?
Old 08-12-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemoon999 View Post
Are you physically in China?
USA, not sure why I have china sign...
Old 08-12-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainjack1980 View Post
You will be wasting your time. The accounts, and the details on the accounts, are permanently linked and you can't close a restricted account.

If they were accounts with my real details I would gladly pay the $ to save them.

CaptainJack.
Then I can change the details of the account to a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name/address
Old 08-12-2009

Won't make any difference.

CaptainJack
Old 08-12-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Won't make any difference.

CaptainJack
so they can send the collection to a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name/addy
Old 08-12-2009

No but they will still have all the original information you registered. Doesn't matter what you change it to.

If your account was set up as a stealth account then that is different - but it doesn't sound like that is the case?

I would seriously consider whether it is worth losing 2 good Ebay accounts (especially if they are older ones and in your own name) for the sake of a few hundred $.

Personally I wouldn't worry about the collections bit.... even if they can enforce the debt I doubt it would be worth the bother for what you owe.

CaptainJack
Old 08-12-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
No but they will still have all the original information you registered. Doesn't matter what you change it to.

If your account was set up as a stealth account then that is different - but it doesn't sound like that is the case?

I would seriously consider whether it is worth losing 2 good Ebay accounts (especially if they are older ones and in your own name) for the sake of a few hundred $.

Personally I wouldn't worry about the collections bit.... even if they can enforce the debt I doubt it would be worth the bother for what you owe.

CaptainJack
This is a stealth account. The older account(stealth as well) was suspended indefinitely for VERO violation(since it was suspended, I didn't bother to pay any more fees, hence it was suspended again for non-payment of $550)

Not sure why they decided to restrict my "2nd" account instead of suspension.
Old 08-13-2009

Longevity: 96%

I would never pay a balance on a suspended account because there is no guarantee that they will reinstate you.
I've paid an outstanding balance only for them to say thanks, but the account is still suspended.
It is easier and cheaper to just make new accounts.
Old 08-13-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

Re: #9

They restricted it on the possibility you would pay the fees in your hope to get the account back.

Then they will suspend it for some other reason within a day of re-instating you.
Old 08-13-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts

^^^Agreed. And my concern is if they are both 'stealth' how or why did you get linked?
Old 08-13-2009
Vicvelcro

If they got linked, they weren't exactly stealth. Just sayin'...
Old 08-14-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
^^^Agreed. And my concern is if they are both 'stealth' how or why did you get linked?
not really sure, my guess would be selling similar items, and similar payment methods...
Old 08-14-2009
Executive [VIP]

That does happen. ebay make this offer as lot of times: they 'restrict' account B because of account A. You could look in to saying hey that's not me. BUT, you would need to have an ironclad stealth account to make that work.
Seems to me that you are faced with giving $550 & trusting ebay to be fair & so restoring your account. (IF they did that I'll faint.) More realistic is to create more accounts: this time becareful fo your items & payments methods. Think about this & if you decide to make more accounts, run your plan past the forum. We will try to help you
Old 08-14-2009
Vicvelcro

Yep. eBay will see that account A dodged fees. Account B was an attempt to sneak back in. Fix account A, they still don't trust the owner of A&B because - from their point of view - both are the same and known to be cheating. Too bad, so sad, see ya!

New account, new listings, new title, new description, new photos, new modus operendi. Preferably new item entirely. Cheers and good luck.

Last edited by Vicvelcro; 08-14-2009 at 12:27 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 08-14-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
That does happen. ebay make this offer as lot of times: they 'restrict' account B because of account A. You could look in to saying hey that's not me. BUT, you would need to have an ironclad stealth account to make that work.
Seems to me that you are faced with giving $550 & trusting ebay to be fair & so restoring your account. (IF they did that I'll faint.) More realistic is to create more accounts: this time becareful fo your items & payments methods. Think about this & if you decide to make more accounts, run your plan past the forum. We will try to help you
You better get ready to faint, because I "paid"(didn't really pay but I got the balance down to zero :D ) the balance on account A, they took off the nonpayment suspension, VerO suspension is still there. Today, I called and asked and they took off the restriction. She asked me, "you are not related to account A right", I said "that's my neighbor" and she said "ok, just making sure that's not you".
Old 08-14-2009
Executive [VIP]

Nice. BUT: be ready for another round of problems if & when that zero balance fails. No need for discussion in open forum. Just be aware...
Old 08-15-2009

Longevity: 89%

eBay system keeps changing and adding filters. There is no guarantee a reopened ebay account won't face any link suspension. Just be prepared. Always run multiple ways.
Old 08-15-2009
Vicvelcro

Known gimick. They let you think you can save the account, so you might consider paying. So you pay. They re-instate, no skin off their butt - they pull your listings soon anyhow. Then soon after, they suspend for some other lame excuse. You accomplish nothing except a lighter wallet. They get paid and still get rid of you.
Old 08-15-2009
Threadstarter  

suspended again, i think they are reading this forum...

this time was "prevent safety to ebay community"

I called several times, and received this reply
-this account has history of circumventing ebay suspension policies by creating new accounts
- the high risk activity on my paypal accounts- requested documentations and stuff was denied because of SS#
-and selling risk or something...
Old 08-15-2009
Vicvelcro

You are missing something significant in your stealth regimen.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (08-15-2009)