Old Burned SSN for upgrading to Paypal Cash? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 03-16-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 37%
Default Old Burned SSN for upgrading to Paypal Cash?

I stumbled across this site while trying to figure out what to do. Over fifteen years ago, I had a Paypal account that went negative to due a fraudulent buyer/dispute. I tried and tried to resolve it with Paypal, but eventually had to give up and walked away from it. It was under my real name and SSN. A few years ago, I opened a new Paypal account with my real name, but a different phone number and address because I had moved. No SSN provided because I was afraid to. It has several bank accounts, debit card, and a credit card all linked to it.

Now they require a SSN to use Paypal Cash (PPC). I can verify my address, DOB, etc. no problem. Do I dare to provide my SSN to upgrade or should I just stick with the basic account? I really like being able to print address labels and the other features I just lost (as of today) because I don't have the PPC account. If I do nothing, I'll still have the basic account, but if I try to upgrade and it fails, I could lose that too and then my current address will be burned too.

Anyone have advice for or experience with upgrading their accounts with a SSN from a really old account that was limited? Is there a time limit like the 7 years for credit reports? Help, I am terrified!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-16-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 43%
Default Re: Old Burned SSN for upgrading to Paypal Cash?

Welcome to the forums. You are in the right place!

Generally speaking, PayPal and eBay never delete or forget information, and you can almost be certain they will match your SSN from that old account to your new one.

This has nothing to do with your credit report, there is no "7 year" time limit for this debt.

The only other way around this is to open a new business account and give them an EIN instead.
The Following User Says Thank You to nickopedia For This Useful Post:
cydonia (03-16-2019)
Old 03-16-2019

Thanked 1,098 Times in 1,034 Posts
Activity: 88%
Longevity: 33%

worse,since old account has a negative balance,PAYPAL will want its money back.
The Following User Says Thank You to agent006140 For This Useful Post:
cydonia (03-16-2019)
Old 03-16-2019

Thanked 1,098 Times in 1,034 Posts
Activity: 88%
Longevity: 33%

if your only sin is an IOU,why not pay it off ,how much is the debt?
The Following User Says Thank You to agent006140 For This Useful Post:
cydonia (03-16-2019)
Old 03-16-2019
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 37%

Judging by the information I am hearing, once limited/closed/burned, it's always so and paying it off won't help because they will have sold off the debt to collectors.

Looks like it's time for a business license and EIN for it. Then, I suppose one selects the option in Paypal for sales tax to be automatically collected and paid to the appropriate agency. As long as sales are below $20,000, no 1099 from Paypal or taxes on the income. If one is making that much in sales, then more than one of these is needed. I think I should be fine then. Does anyone spot any problems with this approach?
1.) Get burner phone and PO Box/new Address for business
2.) Apply for business license and register business name with the state
3.) Apply for EIN
4.) Use above to get business bank account with debit card
5.) Apply for Paypal Cash Plus

All required taxes are paid this way and Paypal gets totally fresh information that should be totally verifiable through the business. I am wondering if I need a mailbox that looks like a real address instead of a PO Box though?
Old 03-16-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 43%

OP: This is a good plan, but it's best recommended you get the stealth guide as it contains many things you may not be aware of. The whole point is to create entirely new and fresh accounts to start off with that are reliable.
The Following User Says Thank You to nickopedia For This Useful Post:
cydonia (03-16-2019)
Old 03-17-2019

Activity: 9%
Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cydonia View Post
Judging by the information I am hearing, once limited/closed/burned, it's always so and paying it off won't help because they will have sold off the debt to collectors.

Looks like it's time for a business license and EIN for it. Then, I suppose one selects the option in Paypal for sales tax to be automatically collected and paid to the appropriate agency. As long as sales are below $20,000, no 1099 from Paypal or taxes on the income. If one is making that much in sales, then more than one of these is needed. I think I should be fine then. Does anyone spot any problems with this approach?
1.) Get burner phone and PO Box/new Address for business
2.) Apply for business license and register business name with the state
3.) Apply for EIN
4.) Use above to get business bank account with debit card
5.) Apply for Paypal Cash Plus

All required taxes are paid this way and Paypal gets totally fresh information that should be totally verifiable through the business. I am wondering if I need a mailbox that looks like a real address instead of a PO Box though?

UPS store mailbox can look like an address if you put your box number down as an apartment number. UPS know this happens and do not care so long as you keep paying the rental of the mail box.
The Following User Says Thank You to degsey69 For This Useful Post:
cydonia (03-17-2019)