Paypal Help! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 08-12-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 87%
Default Paypal Help!

Hello, I bought the ebook today and have a few questions. I will start with my story, so you know all the facts.

I got back on ebay since Febuary. I am using my friends paypal, which he opened in 2005. It was not used very often prior to this point. I sold about 75-100 items a week at anywhere from $10-$100. I had hardly any claims at any given time. About 3 1/2 weeks ago I got pretty lazy and stopped sending things out quickly. I got a couple bad feedbacks and things kinda snowballed and a bunch of people opened non-receipt claims. My account was limited today and they are asking for the works (ssn, supplier info, confirm location, etc, etc, etc)I have already sent out everything and they are being delivered and the claims are being dropped each day. My question is how should I handle this to a T. Should I give my social security number and everything. What are the odds that my account will be reinstated completely?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-12-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

Well, if you just got the stealth guide today, you should read that first. You'll find most (if not all) of your answers in there.

Once you've gone through the stealth guide, ask questions about any issues that remain unclear to you.

Regarding the SS#, you can't really give yours since that isn't the one on file with Paypal. You'll probably have to ask your friend to provide a copy that you can send in or upload or fax.
Old 08-12-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Welcome to the forum.

If you do business with a friend you run the chance of ruining the friendship so be careful. Next time try not to be a bad seller and forget to give good customer service. Only damages you.
As vicvelcro recommended, re-read the Stealth Book. Heap of good stuff.
Old 08-12-2009
Threadstarter  

I have read the e-book. (or most of it) I have my friends social and he doesn't care if he can't use paypal again. (he doesnt use it anyway) I can provide all the stuff they are asking for. My question is about the odds of the account being fully reinstated. I have already started to create multiple paypal accounts in case it doesn't (as well as ebay accounts that i made in the past and did not use)
Old 08-12-2009
Vicvelcro

Taking a complete shot in the dark, I'd say 50/50 odds. *If* you give them everything they want. It would be hard to really guess at the odds you ask for. Too many variables and Paypal is not always consistent.

When PP is asking for confirmation of SS#, they want you to send a copy of the card or some other SOLID proof of the number like a copy of income tax return & etc. Knowing the number isn't going to cut it. If you have a copy of your friend's card, you're good to go.
Old 08-12-2009
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by decp85 View Post
I have read the e-book. (or most of it) I have my friends social and he doesn't care if he can't use paypal again. (he doesnt use it anyway) I can provide all the stuff they are asking for. My question is about the odds of the account being fully reinstated. I have already started to create multiple paypal accounts in case it doesn't (as well as ebay accounts that i made in the past and did not use)

You may have a reasonable chance of getting everything back. But you then will have a 'marked' account, sneeze out of place and be limited again.

Please do not come to the forum and say 'I have read the e-book (or most of it) You are selling yourself short by not reading the entire book. That very part you have not read will have the info you need.
It's like this, I don't know you at all but I do know you are rushing. You think you have the answers. Sadly based on your few posts, I don't think you have. If you are going to be a serious ebayer, then plan carefully. Getting back to ebay, staying on ebay is not a 10 mintue job.
Old 08-12-2009

Longevity: 90%

Quote:

your friend may say they don't care if they never use paypal again, but never say never...i had a friend let me use his info for ebay awhile back, he doesn't know anything about internet , let alone ebay.....so he said he didn't care....well after awhile it got suspended.....years later, he registered on ebay to buy and sell some stuff, well....he got suspended because of linking to old ebay....so now, he can't use ebay with HIS information......
Old 08-12-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
[/B]

You may have a reasonable chance of getting everything back. But you then will have a 'marked' account, sneeze out of place and be limited again.

Please do not come to the forum and say 'I have read the e-book (or most of it) You are selling yourself short by not reading the entire book. That very part you have not read will have the info you need.
It's like this, I don't know you at all but I do know you are rushing. You think you have the answers. Sadly based on your few posts, I don't think you have. If you are going to be a serious ebayer, then plan carefully. Getting back to ebay, staying on ebay is not a 10 mintue job.

Well seeing I just bought it tonight, It would be ridiculous for me to say I read the whole thing (its 41 pages, I will have it read twice before tomorrow night)
I don't think I know everything, which I why I came here to get advise. I know ebay and paypal are always changing things, so I thought I'd see if there was any new updates, etc, that weren't in the book. As far as rushing, I haven't acted on anything with paypal, because I wanted to make sure I had all the answers first. I thank anyone that points me in the right direction.
Old 08-13-2009
Vicvelcro

If you can reasonably provide the info, then do so. If you anticipate difficulty in any specific item, obtain or create a solution before beginning any part of the document submission process.

As GB mentioned, the account is 'marked'. You will need to behave remarkably well for a while until that mark wears off.

So go for it. Fix it up and get it going again. Be ready to do it again, just in case.
Old 08-13-2009
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Well seeing I just bought it tonight, It would be ridiculous for me to say I read the whole thing (its 41 pages, I will have it read twice before tomorrow night)
I don't think I know everything, which I why I came here to get advise. I know ebay and paypal are always changing things, so I thought I'd see if there was any new updates, etc, that weren't in the book. As far as rushing, I haven't acted on anything with paypal, because I wanted to make sure I had all the answers first. I thank anyone that points me in the right direction.
Good. If you look at the dilema from every angle, you will get the best idea of what to do.