somebody help me - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 08-12-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 85%
Default somebody help me

Hi, I opened my first account at ebay about 2 weeks ago. I did nothing but just browered some items and ask a question to a seller. Then, I got an email from ebay saying that my account has been suspended! the original email as folllows:

MC115 FPA NOTICE: eBay Registration Suspension - User Agreement - XXX

Hello XXX (XXX@XX.com),

As part of eBay's security efforts, your account has been suspended pending additional account verification. To appeal this suspension, please go to:
Suspended accounts

Unfortunately, during the suspension you won't be able to use eBay in any way, including using existing accounts or registering new accounts. Any remaining listing fees are due right away and will be charged to the billing method you selected.

We understand this may be an inconvenience for you. However, keeping the marketplace safe is our top priority.

Sincerely,

eBay Trust & Safety team

This action was taken in accordance with the "Abusing eBay" section of the User Agreement. Review the User Agreement here:
Your User Agreement

H439

What can I do now? I did not list or sell anything at ebay! I just want to be a buyer!

PS: Because I'm gonna be a freshman at a U.S College(I'm in China now), I did not enter any of my bank information, and I'm not sure the phone number I entered is correct. Is that the reason why the account being suspended?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-12-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Welcome cais,

Have you been suspended from ebay before? If the answer is yes, then did you know about making everything new? From what you said 'browered & asked seller a question', I am sure you had all the info from the old account & this time ebay found out. They could trace you.
Old 08-12-2009

Longevity: 90%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
Welcome cais,

Have you been suspended from ebay before? If the answer is yes, then did you know about making everything new? From what you said 'browered & asked seller a question', I am sure you had all the info from the old account & this time ebay found out. They could trace you.
GB, original poster said he made his first account 2 weeks ago.
Old 08-13-2009
Executive [VIP]

^^^Indeed. But he may have used a computer that was used B4 where the account got suspended. Could be his, could be the man in the moon.

Someone who says they browsered items and asked a seller questions knows a little about ebay,no? Hence my questions.
Old 08-13-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

Could have been a computer that was new to the OP but had been bought used from another ebay seller and maybe neither party cleaned out the cookies and the flash.

Valid question.
Old 08-13-2009
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 85%

Well, it is my first ebay account. Then, the computer I used to register at ebay is brand new, never used before.
Old 08-13-2009

Longevity: 89%

Do you live in a single house or an apartment area(with many close neighbors)?

Is there a wireless router in your room?

Anybody lived in the same place before? Any friends, relative or co-work ever visited your home and browsed net through your computer or their laptop?

See if you can remember anything, acting like a Detective
Old 08-13-2009
Vicvelcro

The obvious question:

Are you using an ebay site from a country that is different than where your IP address comes from? Example: You are logging into the U.S. ebay site but you are doing so from China?
Old 08-13-2009

Longevity: 89%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cais View Post
PS: Because I'm gonna be a freshman at a U.S College(I'm in China now), ....... Is that the reason why the account being suspended?
Exactly! You are coming to USA later this month, still in China, right?

Better not register any USA eBay Paypal account from China. Doesn't matter if you're a buyer or seller. It's like applying for a "Suspension Certificate". eBay does not like that at all in the past few years.
Old 08-13-2009
Vicvelcro

But is this person logging into the ebay site IN the country they are currently located? It is not specified anywhere. All it says is ebay problem - user in China.

I have ebay accounts in several countries. Knowing WHICH site is involved AND the geographic location of the user's butt AND if they are manipulating IP (and how) - important for troubleshooting.
Old 08-14-2009
Executive [VIP]

The part of the answer that is most going to interest me on this MC155 is exactly how the account was established. Sure some will have noticed MC155 being reported lately. Have a hunch what...but shall wait