Blocked by Rubylane - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions

General Platform Discussions Discuss other platforms (marketplace accounts, payment gateways, ad accounts, social accounts and more). In other words, if it's about another platform and it doesn't fit anywhere else, it goes here.

Old 01-13-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 30%
Default Blocked by Rubylane

Hello
Does anyone on here have any experience of setting up a stealth account with Rubylane?
I had a successful account that got suspended, and have just tried opening a new account using new ip, home address, name, PayPal acct etc and I have not even got the shop open before being told I am not eligible to open.
Very keen to get back on this site, can anyone help?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-14-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%
Default Re: Blocked by Rubylane

Did you use same address as banned account?
Old 03-24-2019

Thanked 1,098 Times in 1,034 Posts
Activity: 88%
Longevity: 33%

are you using the same Paypal account?
Old 03-24-2019

Longevity: 37%

wtf is rubylane?! lol
The Following User Says Thank You to ebaystealth1974 For This Useful Post:
solefoodbk (01-11-2020)
Old 03-24-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 9%
Longevity: 76%

Ruby does manual reviews of new accounts don't they?
Old 03-24-2019

Thanked 1,098 Times in 1,034 Posts
Activity: 88%
Longevity: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaystealth1974 View Post
wtf is rubylane?! lol
rubylane is a site where you can open a shop and sell antique and vintage items

Rubylane is not as good as Etsy,many brick and mortar shops there and merchandise get stale sitting on the shelf for too long and the prices tend to be higher.
shipping is higher too as the shopowners have to run the brick and mortar shops,they cant afford to stand in line and ship USPS.FIRST CLASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centaur View Post
Hello
Does anyone on here have any experience of setting up a stealth account with Rubylane?
I had a successful account that got suspended, and have just tried opening a new account using new ip, home address, name, PayPal acct etc and I have not even got the shop open before being told I am not eligible to open.
someone here said change the login ID of windows,so if you are using the same device as before,try it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centaur View Post
Hello
are you using the same device?

so you change cable company,get a new IP,get family member physical address,but how do you accept paypment,the old paypal account?
and are you using the same PC?
are you using the same pictures?
-------------
PLENTY OF professional and amateur sellers sell estate jewelry on Etsy,

you have a 7 days return policy and she returned it on the 8th day.
What is the reason for return?
Rubylane was created by 2 IT workers who quitted their full time job to run Rubylane,that was long long time ago,hoping to cash in on this internet IPO $$.
Now they have both gone back to their regular job or retired,it is on autopilot and manned by some light weight!
Have you tried begging to come back,one case is no big deal .They need your business

saying it is your partner and not you who refused the return is poor excuse,you said it is shop policy,and you two own the business.
It sounds like they dont want you anymore,it has to be more than just one return.
yes,they do review new shops manually,they will recognise your merchandise.

Last edited by TGMT²; 07-02-2020 at 06:08 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to agent006140 For This Useful Post:
ebaystealth1974 (03-24-2019), rsot (03-24-2019)
Old 03-24-2019

Longevity: 37%

Okay, thanks...
Old 03-30-2019
Banned

Longevity: 42%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
Did you use same address as banned account?
Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
are you using the same paypal account?
READ. Jeez.
Old 01-01-2020

Longevity: 24%

Also have the same question. I was selling estate jewelry very successfully on Rubylane when I had a customer ask to return an item. The item had a 7 day return policy and the buyer shipped it back to me on the 8th day. Since it was after the 7 day return policy, I told her that she would need to do an exchange instead of the return as the return period had ended. She complained to RL and as a result my shop was shut down. Obviously, had I had the warning that if someone complains on your shop they will shut it down, i would have just refunded her the money and not stuck to my policy.

Anyways I have tried TWICE to get back on using Stealth techniques. I waited a month after my shop was closed, and then created a totally new paypal using a family members information so that absolutely NOTHING matched my original account except for the IP address that my computer was using. I was denied opening before the week was out with a simple message stating "we do not think that opening your shop would be in our best interest".

Ok so I assumed that it had to be my IP that was the issue. I waited 2 months, changed cable companies and got a new IP address, tried again using yet another family members information so that it would not match. This time I completely changed the listings so that they were not even worded the same and looked totally different just in case it was a physical person that was noticing that it was the same account but yet again was denied opening before the week was up.

Anyone have any other ideas? I cannot get another new IP address so thats not an option anymore, and at this point I have run out of family members information to use in terms of addresses. Any help is greatly appreciated as my income has taken a huge hit just because I tried to stick to my shop policies.
Old 01-02-2020

Longevity: 24%

Tried to send yet another email last night begging to be let back on Rubylane (actually it was not even me that was blocked in the first place, it was my fiancee-- we run our business together but everything for the RL was in his name). I explained the situation and how I would now by the one running the shop, how I read through the terms and conditions, and how I am committed to providing good customer service and will not make the same mistakes that he did etc. I offered to send them photo IDs to verify my information that i am NOT the same person as who was blocked from the site and Today I received this response:

"Your request to open a shop on our site was brought to the attention of our senior management personnel. After careful consideration, our management staff has decided that your request to open will not be approved, and we will not consider reviewing another shop application".

so basically they are not going to let him or I back on the site and they do not need our business. I already sell on both Ebay and Etsy but Rubylane was bringing in a lot of income as well and I NEED to get back on there.
Old 01-03-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 9%
Longevity: 76%

then you will need to learn how to make ste/alth accounts. do not waste any more time fighting with them. it will only make things worse. RL is not the only marketplace treating sellers like this. the industry is so competitive that more and more marketplaces seem to just turn and burn accounts without remorse...many of the new mobile app focused marketplaces are treating sellers like subhumans. that's why this forum is still so strong and active.

from my experience, RL still manually reviews seller accounts so nothing can link back to you while trying to bypass the first review.
Old 01-03-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forum chelzieswizper - all the best as you master stealth