Is this a no no? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 03-24-2019
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 29%
Default Is this a no no?

I have a legit Paypal that is all good

If I buy a stealth Ebay account can I link the email address on the account to my existing Paypal account bearing in mind the Ebay details will be different?

Does the seperation of Ebay and Paypal make this doable or do they share information?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-24-2019

Thanked 1,098 Times in 1,034 Posts
Activity: 88%
Longevity: 33%
Default Re: Is this a no no?

I would not risk such,it is so obvious the same old you who has been suspended is coming back with a new Ebay ID,or someone related to you,like your family or alter ego is back!
The Following User Says Thank You to agent006140 For This Useful Post:
Bigblackdog (03-24-2019)
Old 03-24-2019

Activity: 21%
Longevity: 40%

I have asked that question a few times as well being in the same position.

I have come to the conclusion it's just not worth getting your genuine paypal suspended. WHAT IF ebay let you back on using your legit account in the future ? you just never know.

Plus the genuine paypal is still useful for buying and invoicing any repeat customers. And buying off other ecommerce websites.

Just don't do it ...
The Following User Says Thank You to james_112233 For This Useful Post:
Bigblackdog (03-24-2019)
Old 03-24-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 8%
Longevity: 91%

Not worth the trouble.
Getting started fresh is the proper way to go about it. Itll longer but it will be much safer and you wont risk losing a solid paypal account.
Old 03-24-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Dont risk a legit smooth running PP account with ebay-subpar/new/different-info accounts - not a good longterm move
Old 03-24-2019

Longevity: 30%

Lots of parroting and regurgitated info from years of people with no experience trying what you're asking. I've tried and haven't had an issue.

I've had multiple eBay accounts suspended over the years but never my PayPal. I'm well in to double-digit eBay accounts that have been tied to the same PayPal account and suspended without harm to my PayPal.

Now the reasons for my suspension vary from unpaid fees, to exploiting policy to eBay refusing to tell me why I was suspended. But in any case, I just get a new eBay and keep on trucking with the same PayPal.

Do with that information what you will. I'm not saying its wise or advisable. I'm simply saying I've done it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to treysupreme For This Useful Post:
Bigblackdog (03-25-2019), parsierngue (05-23-2019)
Old 03-25-2019
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,535 Times in 2,189 Posts
Activity: 69%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by treysupreme View Post
Lots of parroting and regurgitated info from years of people with no experience trying what you're asking. I've tried and haven't had an issue.

I've had multiple eBay accounts suspended over the years but never my PayPal. I'm well in to double-digit eBay accounts that have been tied to the same PayPal account and suspended without harm to my PayPal.

Now the reasons for my suspension vary from unpaid fees, to exploiting policy to eBay refusing to tell me why I was suspended. But in any case, I just get a new eBay and keep on trucking with the same PayPal.

Do with that information what you will. I'm not saying its wise or advisable. I'm simply saying I've done it.

And luckily just a few dicks who like to attack people who thinks they are hot stuff.

You can keep doing what you are doing but I "strongly" suggest you keep the insults to yourself.

Only because you can ram your car into oncoming traffic, doesn't mean others are advised to.
Old 03-25-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
And luckily just a few dicks who like to attack
So here you call me a "dick" but then....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
but I "strongly" suggest you keep the insults to yourself.
Ironic.

I never name called or insulted. Seems you have me confused with you. You're the one attacking and name calling. I simply presented my experience. I even cautioned OP that I didn't know if "it was wise or advisable." I simply gave my experience and stated its a possibility.

I think an alternative experience to what everyone is posting is sometimes helpful. I also think people just posting the same info as everyone else when they have no experience on the subject is not helpful.

I certainly don't think I'm hot stuff. I'm here to learn. I was trying to help OP learn that they have options based on my experience and I made sure to caution them.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to treysupreme For This Useful Post:
Bigblackdog (03-25-2019), parsierngue (05-23-2019), WEI (03-26-2019)
Old 03-25-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Yeah......Lots of people go over Niagarra Falls, some have lived....a lot of have died, just because a few survived does it make sense to try it? Stop being retarded, we give advice based on odds. Just because you were successful, does not mean EVERYONE is going to be successful.

You going to help the OP if sh*t goes south and his account gets killed?
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
Bigblackdog (03-25-2019)
Old 03-25-2019

this is interesting-
say a few members of a club are selling on eBAY and share the same paypal account which belongs to the club treasurer to accept payment for the club.
one got suspended for not shipping or selling items not allowed,but the others are fine.
I doubt Ebay would say just because you share a paypal account with the suspended seller,I will now suspend you as well/
does Ebay really care whose paypal account you are using to accept payment?
The Following User Says Thank You to agent006140 For This Useful Post:
WEI (03-26-2019)
Old 03-25-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
Stop being retarded
Oh look, more name calling by people who are not me.

I love the drama of comparing a PayPal account to car crashes and going over Niagara Falls. Lets keep things in perspective folks.

Also, everyone is telling him to forget the PayPal account and get all new eBay/PayPal. I get that. But what's his risk here? No, not a car crash or going over Niagara Falls. A single eBay or PayPal account. But his potential upside is that he gets to keep his long term PayPal that's potentially more stable (something you all are saying abandon). I'm not saying OP should or shouldn't do anything. I was only providing my personal experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
You going to help the OP if sh*t goes south and his account gets killed?
The rest of you are saying preemptively abandon said PayPal account but I'm the one risking his account getting killed? Your logic is odd.

I was only trying to help the OP make an informed decision.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to treysupreme For This Useful Post:
parsierngue (05-23-2019), WEI (03-26-2019)
Old 03-25-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,108 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

If you have a really good paypal, very old and never any paypal issues. Get a new email address, add that to the paypal. Create an ebay account in your name with a new phone number, address etc... add that new paypal email address to ebay and start selling.

Of course, dont do anything dumb on the new ebay or you will just wind up suspended again.
Old 03-25-2019

WE are allowed 5 or 6 email addresses per paypal account but one is the prime email address.
pAYPAL will know it is the same Paypal account,does Ebay know,does Ebay care?
Old 03-25-2019

Quote:

ebay and paypal keep adding new rules,some one could get away with certain situation back then ,but not after the rule is made.
back then they dont ask for our SSN,they dont send out 1099K and to show you sell what you have in possession,they ask you to take a picture with your ebay ID,and your merchandise.
now they check your ID and ask for vendor invoice.
SOME KIDS use their mother or father name and address if they share the same name,kids are underdage.
Old 03-26-2019
Banned

Longevity: 42%

Quote:
So here you call me a "dick" but then....

Ironic.

I never name called or insulted. Seems you have me confused with you. You're the one attacking and name calling. I simply presented my experience. I even cautioned OP that I didn't know if "it was wise or advisable." I simply gave my experience and stated its a possibility.
It's hilarious that the guy saying that were insulting people was the first one to actually use an insult in the thread. Must be some form of psychological projection.

Last edited by parsierngue; 03-26-2019 at 12:48 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to parsierngue For This Useful Post:
treysupreme (03-26-2019)
Old 03-26-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,365 Times in 1,526 Posts
Activity: 30%
Longevity: 85%

I have numerous clients that have used multiple ebay accounts to one Paypal over a long period of time and also clients that have used multiple Paypal accounts on one ebay account.

Both are possible to do long term so long as a few basic steps are taken at the outset. That aside I would still recommend setting up completely new stealth accounts to run along side such "set ups".
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ebayorbust For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (05-23-2019), Pandoras_box (06-18-2019), treysupreme (03-26-2019)
Old 03-26-2019
Banned

Looks like there's a more interesting topic going on the thread
--
OP, you can definitely do that. But just take it slowly first, like run it for 1-2 months before you scale up again.
Old 03-26-2019
Executive [VIP]

I'm not wanting to join in the argument.

Just stating that there are plenty of instances of people doing this very thing successfully and for long periods of time.

My feeling is that the ones that run into issues quickly are the ones not setting up fresh windows user accounts etc to run the new set up on or they start doing daft things like paying the new eBay's fees with the old Paypal etc etc.
Old 03-26-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebayorbust View Post
I'm not wanting to join in the argument.

Just stating that there are plenty of instances of people doing this very thing successfully and for long periods of time.

My feeling is that the ones that run into issues quickly are the ones not setting up fresh windows user accounts etc to run the new set up on or they start doing daft things like paying the new eBay's fees with the old Paypal etc etc.
Now you are giving me hope.

Since I was banned 4 weeks ago I have been wanting to know if I can use my 15 year old fully verified paypal again.

Everyone said don't do it ... so I set up stealths which I am slowly maturing.

I really want to use my original paypal again.

What do you mean by don't pay for ebay fees? is that because ebay see your actual address when you pay using Paypal ? so how would I pay fees ? on a stealth account it's easy to just pay with the balance as both addresses match.

I get the whole principal of new ip, user account, email, phone and address.

I'm thinking of signing up again for a business ebay account as I have a aged business paypal but with my accountants address rather than mine. How would I pay fees though ?
Old 03-26-2019
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_112233 View Post
Now you are giving me hope.

Since I was banned 4 weeks ago I have been wanting to know if I can use my 15 year old fully verified paypal again.

Everyone said don't do it ... so I set up stealths which I am slowly maturing.

I really want to use my original paypal again.

What do you mean by don't pay for ebay fees? is that because ebay see your actual address when you pay using Paypal ? so how would I pay fees ? on a stealth account it's easy to just pay with the balance as both addresses match.

I get the whole principal of new ip, user account, email, phone and address.

I'm thinking of signing up again for a business ebay account as I have a aged business paypal but with my accountants address rather than mine. How would I pay fees though ?
You'd be best off contacting people on this thread that have been doing it for a while. It is not something that I have ever personally done and as I said, I'm not really wanting drawn into the debate / argument.
Old 03-26-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebayorbust View Post
You'd be best off contacting people on this thread that have been doing it for a while. It is not something that I have ever personally done and as I said, I'm not really wanting drawn into the debate / argument.
I wasn't trying to argue with anyone. I was simply stating my experience and even made sure to explicitly caution OP.

The stealth guide is just that; a guide. Its not the be-all end-all of eBay/PP. Its a good guide but there really is no substitute for experience. Sometimes its risky to experiment and you may lose an account or five along the way but that helps you perfect your strategy.

If I had simply followed the guide and advice of people who were parroting (as opposed to speaking from experience), I would have walked away from a PayPal that I now put 6 figures though annually.

Again, not advising anyone to do what I did. Just sharing my experience so people can make an informed decision either way.
Old 03-26-2019

Well I went back on ebay chat and begged them to re-instate me. They said my account is too risky. I said why can't i just create another account to eliminate the risk if it's not ME that is the risk but the account ...

They said they are advised to tell me that I shouldn't as it can be linked to the suspended account ...

Take that as you will. But following stealth rules (new IP, new user, new email, new number, modified name and address) I opened another account linking it to my good paypal. We will see what happens ... worst case scenario they ban me and I won't open another.

I have other stealths maturing anyway but I need to see if I can use my genuine paypals otherwise they will be no good to me sitting dormant.