PayPal issues - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 03-27-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 29%
Default PayPal issues

I didn't actually know what to title this. I am new to the forum and am not sure if something similar has been discussed.
Basically, long story short, my account was verified and I was a seller on Ebay for the past 4 years off and on. I started to sell gaming PC's, but then I started to back order them and build them and ship them out. I did about 20K in sales in 2 weeks, then I got limited. I called, got it reversed. About 5 hours later, my account was limited again, this time they ask for documents, I provide my photo ID and SSN photos. I get it unrestricted again. I talk to a supervisor again, he tells me it was limited again due to someone at PayPal didn't like how I ran my business and ensured it wouldn't happen again. 2 Days later they start limiting my payments, every payment that comes in has a 21 Day hold, keep in mind at this point my customers are fully aware that I take 5-10 days to ship my PC's out. I've had only one return due to a damaged PC and have shipped 10+ with no issue. I contact PayPal, am told that the limit is just a one-off. Okay, I sell 4 more PC's. All Payments have 21 day holds. I had someone send me money VIA friends and family, and it was also put on hold. I contact PayPal again. This time I'm told it will be escalate to a higher up supervisor than the one I spoke with, and it will be resolved on Monday. Monday I call, that supervisor tells me that the security team has to review it, and to wait 72 hours. Well, I'm going on the third day with no update, I have absolutely no money in my account because I back ordered tons of extra parts, and because of having future money locked out, I have tons of pending orders which I am soon to refund due to being unable to fulfill them. Obviously my account is about to go in debt pretty hard. As a precaution I decided to remove my CC and bank account from the account so they can't pull anything. As another precaution I put in a name change to a different name with one character different, however it says that it was put in for a review so I highly doubt it'll get changed without some sort of documents being provided and those 2 actions alone probably just set off tons of red flags, so I bet my reversal on this whole 21 day hold isn't happening. I would like to walk away from the situation without paying ****, however given the fact I provided them my SSN it seems ill probably have to Sell the parts and pay them back. I thought about claiming identity theft, but considering it all was shipped to my address and the address is literally on my ID, I think ill have to take the L on this.
Any advise from anyone, or just thoughts about my situation? Thanks.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-27-2019

Longevity: 38%
Default Re: PayPal issues

Is the 21 days hold period set by ebay or PayPal?
Old 03-27-2019

Activity: 20%
Longevity: 40%

Jesus christ.

First and foremost. Somebody senior in paypal doesn't like your business plan. Electronics is a risky, high fraud business. Unless you ship the same day paypal and ebay will be biting their nails. So that was your first problem ... shipping after 5-10 days.

I am also someone that sells electronics (well I used too, before my ebay account went toast). From my experience having had my paypal limited last year and then lifted after providing invoices etc. They specifically told me due to the nature of my business they may put RESERVES on my account which is a bit like 21 day holds, but they never did. As I started to buy shipping labels as soon as a order came through even though orders would physically leave my hand in the evening or the day after. Instead ebay banned me for a TOTALLY unrelated issue so now I am in the process of building stealth accounts ...

Any way, back on to your topic. I personally think you shouldn't have acted so drastically and changed your name, removed banks etc. They have your SSN. They know who you are. I think you would have got your account back as you are running a legitimate business, you just needed to convince them on the phone of what you can do to fix any errors. And you just needed credit cards to dip in too whilst paypal held your money.

Last edited by james_112233; 03-27-2019 at 09:00 AM.
Old 03-27-2019

Longevity: 40%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolentREEP View Post
I didn't actually know what to title this. I am new to the forum and am not sure if something similar has been discussed.
Basically, long story short, my account was verified and I was a seller on Ebay for the past 4 years off and on. I started to sell gaming PC's, but then I started to back order them and build them and ship them out. I did about 20K in sales in 2 weeks, then I got limited. I called, got it reversed. About 5 hours later, my account was limited again, this time they ask for documents, I provide my photo ID and SSN photos. I get it unrestricted again. I talk to a supervisor again, he tells me it was limited again due to someone at PayPal didn't like how I ran my business and ensured it wouldn't happen again. 2 Days later they start limiting my payments, every payment that comes in has a 21 Day hold, keep in mind at this point my customers are fully aware that I take 5-10 days to ship my PC's out. I've had only one return due to a damaged PC and have shipped 10+ with no issue. I contact PayPal, am told that the limit is just a one-off. Okay, I sell 4 more PC's. All Payments have 21 day holds. I had someone send me money VIA friends and family, and it was also put on hold. I contact PayPal again. This time I'm told it will be escalate to a higher up supervisor than the one I spoke with, and it will be resolved on Monday. Monday I call, that supervisor tells me that the security team has to review it, and to wait 72 hours. Well, I'm going on the third day with no update, I have absolutely no money in my account because I back ordered tons of extra parts, and because of having future money locked out, I have tons of pending orders which I am soon to refund due to being unable to fulfill them. Obviously my account is about to go in debt pretty hard. As a precaution I decided to remove my CC and bank account from the account so they can't pull anything. As another precaution I put in a name change to a different name with one character different, however it says that it was put in for a review so I highly doubt it'll get changed without some sort of documents being provided and those 2 actions alone probably just set off tons of red flags, so I bet my reversal on this whole 21 day hold isn't happening. I would like to walk away from the situation without paying ****, however given the fact I provided them my SSN it seems ill probably have to Sell the parts and pay them back. I thought about claiming identity theft, but considering it all was shipped to my address and the address is literally on my ID, I think ill have to take the L on this.
Any advise from anyone, or just thoughts about my situation? Thanks.
Use paragraphs for god sake.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lally106 For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (03-28-2019), treysupreme (03-27-2019)
Old 03-27-2019

Longevity: 37%

Yeah, I'm not reading all that lol
The Following User Says Thank You to ebaystealth1974 For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (03-28-2019)
Old 03-27-2019

Thanked 1,099 Times in 1,035 Posts
Activity: 89%
Longevity: 33%

I have no problem reading his/her thread!
But you make the situation worse by removing your bank account and cc and tried to fool them by changing name etc.
if They are nervous then,they are more nervous and convinced you are a bad person !Customs orders are dicey,credit card rule is that you should not charge a customer credit card unless you are ready to ship in 24 hours,it goes back to the time when a customer walks into a brick and mortar store,pays with his cc and walk out with the merchandise.
All mail order companies comply ,they do not charge your card until they are ready to ship,also FTC expects all mail orders to be shipped within 30 days.
So back to you,since you sell on Ebay and accept Paypal payments,how do you 'not ask for payments; until you are ready to ship?
some may ask for a deposit,thats easy if you are selling on your own website or Etsy,you may want to research how on Ebay?
it also sounds like you have overextended yourself,you should have some working capital,to buy parts etc,say getting a loan or line of credit.
Paypal does offer working capital loan,never use it,but some do.
The Following User Says Thank You to agent006140 For This Useful Post:
james_112233 (03-27-2019)
Old 03-27-2019
Banned

Longevity: 42%

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
But you make the situation worse by removing your bank account and cc and tried to fool them by changing name etc.
if They are nervous then,they are more nervous and convinced you are a bad person !Customs orders are dicey,credit card rule is that you should not charge a customer credit card unless you are ready to ship in 24 hours,it goes back to the time when a customer walks into a brick and mortar store,pays with his cc and walk out with the merchandise.
All mail order companies comply ,they do not charge your card until they are ready to ship,also FTC expects all mail orders to be shipped within 30 days.
So back to you,since you sell on Ebay and accept Paypal payments,how do you 'not ask for payments; until you are ready to ship?
some may ask for a deposit,thats easy if you are selling on your own website or Etsy,you may want to research how on Ebay?
it also sounds like you have overextended yourself,you should have some working capital,to buy parts etc,say getting a loan or line of credit.
Because you type in the exact same way. LMAO.
Old 03-27-2019

question-
if I am reading it right,you want to cancel some orders?
If Paypal has placed a hold on the order,can you cancel?
and you are considering filing UA for the parts you have bought?
Paypal has way of tracing these transaction that they are legit and deny your claim,no you look worse and they may restricted your account and refuse to do business with you .
Now you are in a pickle,if you do manage to come out of it,consider taking on less orders to pace yourself and consider asking for a deposit instead of whole payment,I assume your game PC are in demand and you have no problem reselling them if they decide not to pay the remaining balance.
and look around for a working capital loan,local bank or some online site where indviduals may finance your business
Old 03-27-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsierngue View Post
You must be a short order cook in your last life !
Old 03-27-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by lally106 View Post
Use paragraphs for god sake.
depends on how you file UA,with your cc issuer or Paypal.
If you file with your cc issuer and win,Paypal will protect your parts supplier if they show they have shipped to the address in the Paypal payment notice,not necessarily delivered.
if they print the shipping label on Paypal,Paypal will eat the loss if you win the cc chargeback,but Paypal may just shut down your account.
Old 03-27-2019

have you let the buyers know you are having some problems but you will ship and ask them to be patient?
Old 03-27-2019

Longevity: 53%

I had the 21 day hold issue put on a stealth account that was unlimited a few weeks ago. The hold thing only lasted about 7 days and all of my orders became automatic payments again. . Here is what I did. I put my eBay store on vacation. I marked all of my orders shipped which gave me more time to fill them because the customers thought they were on their way. As people send me emails asking why they haven't received their order I fill them then. I have encountered no problems doing this as USPS looses stuff all the time. Try to get a bank loan for your personal bills and operating costs while you are waiting this out.
Old 03-27-2019

Longevity: 37%

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsierngue View Post
Yes! I don't read his rambles, either lol
Old 03-27-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucynda View Post
I had the 21 day hold issue put on a stealth account that was unlimited a few weeks ago. The hold thing only lasted about 7 days and all of my orders became automatic payments again. . Here is what I did. I put my eBay store on vacation. I marked all of my orders shipped which gave me more time to fill them because the customers thought they were on their way. As people send me emails asking why they haven't received their order I fill them then. I have encountered no problems doing this as USPS looses stuff all the time. Try to get a bank loan for your personal bills and operating costs while you are waiting this out.
you marked your store on vacation?
Did you really go on vacation or you just dont want anyone to buy from your shop? or is this an excuse to buy you more time to fill and ship orders?
if OP marks his customs made PC games shipped as soon as he received payments,his antsy buyers would expect to receive their games sooner than later and may demand a tracking number .
They may even neg him if they find out he is not being truthful
Old 03-27-2019

peer to peer lending,but rate is high
Old 03-27-2019

Longevity: 53%

Quote:
you marked your store on vacation?
Did you really go on vacation or you just dont want anyone to buy from your shop? or is this an excuse to buy you more time to fill and ship orders?
if OP marks his customs made PC games shipped as soon as he received payments,his antsy buyers would expect to receive their games sooner than later and may demand a tracking number .
They may even neg him if they find out he is not being truthful
I didn't go on vacation. It just took my store's listings offline. It does not give me more time to ship orders but I did mark them all shipped without actually shipping them. That will buy you more time as people start to notice they are not getting their orders. You might get a few more negs, but not that many. Most people just email me and ask about it when they don't get their order.
I ask them to verify their address which buys me another day or 2 and then tell them I will resend it. I am rarely asked for a tracking number. If I do get asked I tell them I was experimenting by not using one to see what would happen. No one is ever suspicious and have no problem waiting for me to resend it. This could buy him a week or longer on the orders he can't currently ship. That gives him time to work things out with paypal and possibly time to get a loan for working capital and personal expenses.
Old 03-27-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_112233 View Post
Jesus christ.

First and foremost. Somebody senior in paypal doesn't like your business plan. Electronics is a risky, high fraud business. Unless you ship the same day paypal and ebay will be biting their nails. So that was your first problem ... shipping after 5-10 days.

I am also someone that sells electronics (well I used too, before my ebay account went toast). From my experience having had my paypal limited last year and then lifted after providing invoices etc. They specifically told me due to the nature of my business they may put RESERVES on my account which is a bit like 21 day holds, but they never did. As I started to buy shipping labels as soon as a order came through even though orders would physically leave my hand in the evening or the day after. Instead ebay banned me for a TOTALLY unrelated issue so now I am in the process of building stealth accounts ...

Any way, back on to your topic. I personally think you shouldn't have acted so drastically and changed your name, removed banks etc. They have your SSN. They know who you are. I think you would have got your account back as you are running a legitimate business, you just needed to convince them on the phone of what you can do to fix any errors. And you just needed credit cards to dip in too whilst paypal held your money.
Thanks for sharing, yeah I know for a fact I made my situation worse, but after talking with several supervisors I got really nervous, in the end I assumed even if they didn't limit my account they would keep these "1 off holds" and that would totally screw my business.
Old 03-27-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Yeah thanks for the advice. I've never been the type to go into debt, so its something I never looked into. I thought Ebay would have no issue, but perhaps its an avenue I need to look into if I want to do this long term.
Old 03-27-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
question-
if I am reading it right,you want to cancel some orders?
If Paypal has placed a hold on the order,can you cancel?
and you are considering filing UA for the parts you have bought?
Paypal has way of tracing these transaction that they are legit and deny your claim,no you look worse and they may restricted your account and refuse to do business with you .
Now you are in a pickle,if you do manage to come out of it,consider taking on less orders to pace yourself and consider asking for a deposit instead of whole payment,I assume your game PC are in demand and you have no problem reselling them if they decide not to pay the remaining balance.
and look around for a working capital loan,local bank or some online site where indviduals may finance your business
Just to clarify the cancel order part. I can cancel the order and refund the people with pending payments. So I sold lets say, 20K In PC's. I made 5K in Profit. To try to keep the ball rolling, and wanting to expand my business and have faster turn arounds, I took the total of the 4K and bought PC parts. Primarily motherboards, CPU's, ram. My idea was that I would just consider it an investment, however I didn't buy every part, I was 2 day shipping the cases and SSD's off of amazon after the customer made the purchase, and perhaps this was just a bad decision on my part. So now my funds are exhausted due to blowing all of my profit on future investments, and I have no new profit flowing in due to 21 day holds, so I have tons of orders that need cases, SSD's, etc from amazon.
I'm not rich by any means so pulling 2K out of no where to fulfill these orders isn't really going to happen. So now I'm going to have to refund all of these orders and go excessively in debt with PayPal.
Also, as far as filing a UA, it hasn't really crossed my mind thus far, I don't think I've got that far yet.
Old 03-27-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
have you let the buyers know you are having some problems but you will ship and ask them to be patient?
I have, but half of my customers are already impatient as HELL. The worse part is that I was actually knowing when I'd have to ship out the PC's, so I promised them an exact ship date.. So now I'm getting blown up with; have you shipped the product? Some I am able to ship, others I can't due to needing extra parts.
The majority of people are very impatient and very pushy. I've already had several ask for a refund if I can't get the product out ASAP.
Old 03-27-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucynda View Post
Glad to see someone else has gone through something similar, the 7 day thing is odd, this would probably be about my 7th or 8th day, I am not in debt yet, do you recommend I try to sell more again?
Old 03-27-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaystealth1974 View Post
Yes! I don't read his rambles, either lol
Sorry guys, I typed that late at night when I was tired and in a ramble mood, but I guess I just type like that, ill try better for you all.