Paypal got limited email after 2 hours sign up. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 08-12-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 85%
Default Paypal got limited email after 2 hours sign up.

Just sign up a new paypal 2 hours ago , and now , got an email:

------------------
As part of our security measures, we regularly screen activity in the PayPal system. During a recent screening, we noticed an issue regarding your account.

We have reason to believe that your account was accessed by a third party. We have limited access to sensitive PayPal account features in case your account has been accessed by an unauthorized third party. We understand that having limited access can be an inconvenience, but protecting your account is our primary concern.

Case ID Number:

For your protection, we have limited access to your account until additional security measures can be completed. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

To review your account and some or all of the information that PayPal used to make its decision to limit your account access, please visit the Resolution Center. If, after reviewing your account information, you seek further clarification regarding your account access, please contact PayPal by visiting the Help Center and clicking "Contact Us".

We thank you for your prompt attention to this matter. Please understand that this is a security measure intended to help protect you and your account. We apologize for any inconvenience.

------------------

Weird thing is after I logged in , it is not limited ,not suspend . why????
Why this happend to a new paypal account? I signed up with a completely new system ,new ip ,new name and address...
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-12-2009

Longevity: 89%

2 hours, that must be the system review. The update could take a little bit time. The chance to get a scam email like that to your new paypal email inbox within 2 hours is also very low. Paypal does not limit account for no reason, there must be a reason.

New computer system does not make any difference. It depends how you use it to play. Do you have a log sheet for all the IPs you used before?

How about your new bank account, debit/credit, email and phone# etc info?

Go through every detail with the book(if u have it) says, step by step, think carefully. you should be able to find something then try something new.
Old 08-12-2009
Threadstarter  

Everything new.

new address, new name, new system, new credit card, new phone number ,new email ...
Old 08-12-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Define new system? had the computer been used B4 for ebay/paypal?
Old 08-12-2009

Need more detail.

What card and bank did you add to paypal?

Are you also 100% sure the current IP and phone# are brand new and never used by anyone before?
Old 08-12-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
Define new system? had the computer been used B4 for ebay/paypal?
No ,the computer had not been used before ~
Old 08-12-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemoon999 View Post
Need more detail.

What card and bank did you add to paypal?

Are you also 100% sure the current IP and phone# are brand new and never used by anyone before?
I haven't add the bank account yet~ just signed up within 2 hours.

I am sure the phone# and ip are new~
Old 08-12-2009

Did you apply a Personal, Premier or Business account?

So, it happened 2 hours after you only confirmed email address?

Maybe the new name, the new address or the new phone# somewhere got matched with another prior limited paypal account from someone else.
Old 08-12-2009

Longevity: 95%

I had them get limted in less time then that. The reason given about is a generic reason cause they hve no legitemt reason to limt him so they make up a reason. Just like when they use the excuse There was unautohrized use with the bank account on file. And funny thing is half the times people dont even have bank accounts linked to the paypal. Paypal is full of lies and deceit and they make there own rules and laws.
Old 08-12-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

Are you using the U.S. Paypal? Are you actually in the U.S.? Is your IP address a U.S. IP address? Did you go to the resolution center to see what it said?

Lots of info missing. Your question is too vague. Guessing games from us won't help you, so provide more data.
Old 08-13-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicvelcro View Post
Are you using the U.S. Paypal? Are you actually in the U.S.? Is your IP address a U.S. IP address? Did you go to the resolution center to see what it said?

Lots of info missing. Your question is too vague. Guessing games from us won't help you, so provide more data.

Yes, U.S. Paypal , in the U.S. and U.S. IP (VPN) , I did go to the resolution center, there is nothing , as I said yesterday , acutally my account is not limited , but I did receive that email titled 'Notification of Limited Account Access RXI033 '~~~
Old 08-13-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by derro View Post
Yes, U.S. Paypal , in the U.S. and U.S. IP (VPN) , I did go to the resolution center, there is nothing , as I said yesterday , acutally my account is not limited , but I did receive that email titled 'Notification of Limited Account Access RXI033 '~~~
Also, I received another email from paypal titled 'Get Started with PayPal '~
Actually,my paypal is not limited ~ weird
Old 08-13-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

?VPN. Bingo. Another victim of the dreadful VPNs. Overall the forum does not recommend VPNs. What happens is that unless you pay for a dedicated use VPN, you may share an IP with another person suspended from ebay. 99% sure that will be the reason.

Why did you use VPN?

eta: cross posted: it could be a wonderful paypal glitch. You get the limited email but for some reason it resolves itself....hope that happens for you
Old 08-13-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

VPN used to be an okay thing. PP and eBay now have a pretty comprehensive list of VPNs and they don't like VPN use. It interferes with their desire to pwn your computer.

Drop the VPN.

As much as I am happy for you in regard to the glitch, something tells me it's only lag that is helping you. One computer busted you, but the computer that does the nasty was backed up with other jobs. As soon as that nasty computer is up-to-date, you'll probably get your limit. I wouldn't mind being proven wrong, so keep us posted. Might be data I can process into something useful.
Old 08-13-2009

VPN does give problem. I used & tested it before. Result is not good. I would recommend you switch to or learn Mac Spoofing. It's not that hard and a lot more secure.
Old 08-13-2009
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 4%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by derro View Post
everything new.

New address, new name, new system, new credit card, new phone number ,new email ...
you need to do a lot more than just that to avoid getting limited.
Old 08-13-2009

Longevity: 95%

If your accounts not limted and u got the limted email it might be a spoof email. I use to get them all the time saying my account was limted and i didnt even have a pp at the time.
Old 08-13-2009

To verify if it is a spoof email or not, just simply check 2 things:

1. See if that email contains your registered account holder name in it, such as Dear Michael Jackson

2. Move your mouse over to the link(s) in that email (DO NOT CLICK ANY LINKS), just move the cursor onto the link, it will show you a http address at the bottom right corner of your Internet browser.

If your registered name not showing anywhere in that email AND/OR the link(s) in the email points to some other sites not starting exactly as the following https://www.paypal.com/...............

DELETE the email, 100% spoof.
Old 08-13-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via Yahoo to philly387

Also, you can usually tell by the email address of whoever sent the email.
Old 08-13-2009

philly387, it's not very safe by just looking at email address because they can put a real Paypal email address in the Sender field with a dangerous web link in the email body then send it using certain BULK email software. I can even use the free MS Outlook Express to set up a new account with any email address as sender, then send out through my current SMTP server. People can't tell any little difference except the email Originated IP address in the hidden email header which most people do not know where & how to check and compare. So, the best practice would be check all these - who's sender, is your full name in the email, where are the links pointing to.
Old 08-14-2009

Longevity: 90%

The advantage of VPN is you can get an IP address that matches the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ physical address you made in another province (in my case).

I create about 2-3 sealth accounts each day to make them age (ebay/paypal, unverified) and do so on new windows user accounts and new mac addresses (which I keep track off, btw).

The only issue here no matter how many MAC I try the IP I get will never match for a physical address in BC if I live in ON...

It's free and easy though, and it was only a matter of time before VPN would be targeted, just like proxies.
Old 08-14-2009
Threadstarter  

I just confirmed my bank today ~~