Conspiracy theory about eBay & Amazon. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Everything Else

Everything Else For off-topic conversation. The rules are relaxed in here, but play nice!

Old 04-08-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 37%
Default Conspiracy theory about eBay & Amazon.

I don't know if I am being too conspiratorial or not, but the people running eBay are definitely giving me the feeling that they're working against eBay own interests.

I have been writing them e-mails and calling a ton of times trying to get them to implement a very crucial feature, but nobody seems to care at all.

They assassinated the sales of my account and a bunch of other top rated sellers in my category as well. I looked into this and sellers from all over the world are complaining regarding this very matter.

I know they should distribute the traffic among newly registered sellers and I am totally fine with it, but when you suffocate a well established account, you might very well destroy the business behind it. A lot of people can't tolerate sudden loss of sales (I mean drops by +70%) and thus they end up closing their entire business.

You can't help yourself but wonder why eBay is doing this, right?!! Do they want sellers to leave the platform or what!!

Imagine if Amazon has infiltrated eBay and planted people who will make decisions to destroy eBay from within That would be insane, but it kinda makes sense with eBay doing what it is doing nowadays
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-08-2019

Longevity: 32%
Default Re: Conspiracy theory about eBay & Amazon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkingupwards View Post
I don't know if I am being too conspiratorial or not, but the people running eBay are definitely giving me the feeling that they're working against eBay own interests.

I have been writing them e-mails and calling a ton of times trying to get them to implement a very crucial feature, but nobody seems to care at all.

They assassinated the sales of my account and a bunch of other top rated sellers in my category as well. I looked into this and sellers from all over the world are complaining regarding this very matter.

I know they should distribute the traffic among newly registered sellers and I am totally fine with it, but when you suffocate a well established account, you might very well destroy the business behind it. A lot of people can't tolerate sudden loss of sales (I mean drops by +70%) and thus they end up closing their entire business.

You can't help yourself but wonder why eBay is doing this, right?!! Do they want sellers to leave the platform or what!!

Imagine if Amazon has infiltrated eBay and planted people who will make decisions to destroy eBay from within That would be insane, but it kinda makes sense with eBay doing what it is doing nowadays
Or eb ay destroying individual sellers lives to make it easier for big businesses to thrive. doesn't ama zon support bit companies more than the little guy?
Old 04-08-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanicon View Post
Or eb ay destroying individual sellers lives to make it easier for big businesses to thrive. doesn't ama zon support bit companies more than the little guy?

Not at all. There is a seller who has been getting +20k feedback/month for over a year now, his sales were slashed by almost 70% and now he is getting something like 6-7k feedback a month. That company for sure had a lot of people hired for packaging and shipping. Such sudden loss of sales means they will start letting people go (this in Germany is a bit more complicated than in the US, they can't fire people out of the sudden, they are legally obligated to keep paying everyone for at least 3 months before terminating their contracts). So as you can see, that seller is in a bad situation because of the new eBay algorithm. I have seen many similar examples to this one btw.

I don't know, but it is like they are trying to find a solution to the Amazon problem and along the way they're making dare mistakes and shooting themselves in the foot.
Old 04-09-2019

Quote:
There is a seller who has been getting +20k feedback/month for over a year now, his sales were slashed by almost 70% and now he is getting something like 6-7k feedback a month.
For an account in good standing, and no other reasons for it whatever, I'd have to see it to believe it!
Old 04-09-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaystealth1974 View Post
For an account in good standing, and no other reasons for it whatever, I'd have to see it to believe it!

Sent you the eBay store-ID in PM.
Old 04-09-2019

I don't doubt that the sales are down, I just don't believe it's for no reason. I didn't see the ID, but I'll look again.
Old 04-09-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
I don't doubt that the sales are down, I just don't believe it's for no reason. I didn't see the ID, but I'll look again.

The reason is very simple, if they don't do that, new sellers will never get a piece of the cake. It happend to me and to god knows how many sellers.

Just google "eBay sales down", you can also search that on YouTube and see countless videos about the matter.

eBay does this very stupidly in my opinion. Slashing sales suddenly is dangerous to business, they should plummet sales gradually to give the seller a kind of a warning sign that the coming few months revenue will be less than it used to be instead of making it a surprise.
The Following User Says Thank You to walkingupwards For This Useful Post:
james_112233 (04-10-2019)
Old 04-09-2019

Quote:

Just google "eBay sales down", you can also search that on YouTube and see countless videos about the matter.

I've been hearing people complain about this type of thing for 15 years now lol...

The guy you're studying, his 12 month average is 16k feedbacks, so he's not really down that far at his current 13k.
Old 04-09-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
I've been hearing people complain about this type of thing for 15 years now lol...

The guy you're studying, his 12 month average is 16k feedbacks, so he's not really down that far at his current 13k.

16k a month for this year, that company used to do 25k a month in 2017

EDIT:

btw, do you generate sales from selling the same items over and over? Or do you always list new stuff? I have seen a lot of people talking about this, it seems that eBay will slash the sales of an account if it has been selling the same stuff for a long time.

Last edited by walkingupwards; 04-09-2019 at 12:03 PM.
Old 04-09-2019

Quote:
it seems that eBay will slash the sales of an account if it has been selling the same stuff for a long time.
That HAS to be easy as phuck to overcome, if it's even true lol
Old 04-09-2019

Longevity: 41%

This is what happens when your business is built dependent on an element that you have no control over. You can either adapt or die.
The Following User Says Thank You to BaggaDonuts For This Useful Post:
james_112233 (04-10-2019)
Old 04-10-2019

Activity: 21%
Longevity: 40%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaggaDonuts View Post
This is what happens when your business is built dependent on an element that you have no control over. You can either adapt or die.
Exactly.

You need to push your own website and build a social media following now to survive.

Relying on ebay or amazon is dangerous.
Old 04-11-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_112233 View Post
Exactly.

You need to push your own website and build a social media following now to survive.

Relying on ebay or amazon is dangerous.
Agree with this.
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
walkingupwards (04-11-2019)