Negative balance, but they can’t let me pay it!? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 04-16-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 29%
Angry Negative balance, but they can’t let me pay it!?

Hello, today I have spent 2 hours on phone with PayPal to solve my account limitation issue and got nowhere. I’m typing this while still being extremely frustrated of all the bull$hit. Now here is the situation, few years ago I had created a legit paypal account with all the correct info and used it for a while, but then, for some reason I can’t recall, I ditched it and created a new one. Now I’ve been using that new one for quite a while, but for some reason last week it got limited, saying it was linked to an old account under the same name with a negative balance. I still got the old email used with that old account, so I when to check what’s up and there were two emails, one about ebay refund and another about a negative balance being converted from EUR to USD. So someone opened a PayPal claim after a long time and got a refund for like $70, not a big deal, I can repay that if that’s the only way I thought. I called paypal international support number and stated my problem, that’s when the real **** show started. They looked into my account and said they’ll transfer me to collection department, then collections asked me to verify all the info of the old account, I said I only had full name and email, because I used a warehouse address I don’t have or remember anymore and the card linked to that account expired 2 years ago so I have no idea what number it ended in. Collections told me they can’t help me without address or card number and transferred me to limitations again. I explained the situation again and after a long hold they told me the exact amount I own them ($70.23) stating that if I tell collections the email and exact amount they’ll let me to pay it. They transferred me again and I said everything as told, they put me on hold and after that told me that they cannot let me to pay that or tell my why they can’t if I don’t verify my address. Then I asked what should I do and they transferred me to limitations, which after picking up the call said they already told me they can’t help and just transferred me back without asking. That’s when I hung up. Btw I have all the login info for the old account but it won’t let me login, because it’s locked and paypal support doesn’t know why. I earned a lot of money last month but I guess I’ll have to flush it down a toilet. Thanks for reading, maybe someone will have some ideas.

Last edited by A4685; 04-16-2019 at 09:10 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-16-2019

Thanked 1,109 Times in 1,045 Posts
Activity: 91%
Longevity: 33%
Default Re: Negative balance, but they can’t let me pay it!?

well,if your old Paypal account is legit with legit cc and warehouse address.
do you have the cc statements from the cc and it will give you the number and hopefully the mail addr= warehouse addr/
you can also try calling the cc issuer and see if they can find the account number .
it is your responsibilty to keep good records
Old 04-17-2019

Longevity: 78%

Have you tried purchasing something with the old account info? Sometimes the amount you owe PayPal is added to the purchase price when you check out.
Old 04-17-2019
over9000

Longevity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by A4685 View Post
Hello, today I have spent 2 hours on phone with PayPal to solve my account limitation issue and got nowhere. I’m typing this while still being extremely frustrated of all the bull$hit. Now here is the situation, few years ago I had created a legit paypal account with all the correct info and used it for a while, but then, for some reason I can’t recall, I ditched it and created a new one. Now I’ve been using that new one for quite a while, but for some reason last week it got limited, saying it was linked to an old account under the same name with a negative balance. I still got the old email used with that old account, so I when to check what’s up and there were two emails, one about ebay refund and another about a negative balance being converted from EUR to USD. So someone opened a PayPal claim after a long time and got a refund for like $70, not a big deal, I can repay that if that’s the only way I thought. I called paypal international support number and stated my problem, that’s when the real **** show started. They looked into my account and said they’ll transfer me to collection department, then collections asked me to verify all the info of the old account, I said I only had full name and email, because I used a warehouse address I don’t have or remember anymore and the card linked to that account expired 2 years ago so I have no idea what number it ended in. Collections told me they can’t help me without address or card number and transferred me to limitations again. I explained the situation again and after a long hold they told me the exact amount I own them ($70.23) stating that if I tell collections the email and exact amount they’ll let me to pay it. They transferred me again and I said everything as told, they put me on hold and after that told me that they cannot let me to pay that or tell my why they can’t if I don’t verify my address. Then I asked what should I do and they transferred me to limitations, which after picking up the call said they already told me they can’t help and just transferred me back without asking. That’s when I hung up. Btw I have all the login info for the old account but it won’t let me login, because it’s locked and paypal support doesn’t know why. I earned a lot of money last month but I guess I’ll have to flush it down a toilet. Thanks for reading, maybe someone will have some ideas.
Hey man I feel your pain. just remember we are all in this fight together and keep your head up. I learned not to freak out and calmly speak on the phone with them. They get flustered when you show no emotion in your voice. I have one more piece of advice, make it sound like you are trying to help them and not the other way around. Agents love when you talk in this matter and they are most likely to give you better advice because they hate PayPal just as much as we do.
Old 04-23-2019

Longevity: 51%

forget it now better open a new acc with fresh device in name of your friend or family member