New to Forum - Overwhelmed - Looking for a little Support - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 04-16-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 28%
Default New to Forum - Overwhelmed - Looking for a little Support

I guess I just need to vent a little bit and tell my story.

I have a 10+ year aged eBay account. 5/5/5/5 and 100% feedback. Over the last year I had lightning in a bottle and my eBay sales actually exceeded my income from my full time job. My item was consistently the top result in the main keyword search. It was so popular, I constantly had scam artists copying my listing photos and description, and worked with eBay dozens of times to help get them taken down. I assumed I was good to go, and I experienced a level of financial freedom that I never had before.

2 weeks ago my account was temporarily suspended and I was asked to provide receipts from the items I was selling. I did some research and found this site, but went ahead and played along with eBay's request. After a few back and forth emails and phone calls with eBay and the VERO team, my account was RESTORED... however, I have been suspended from the category I primarily sold from. My sales completely tanked. Now I'm sitting here looking at a pile of medical bills, just paid my first installment of my 2019 quarterly taxes (estimated off my income from 2018), and am absolutely wrecked by this. Stress is through the roof.

As most of you probably already know, this was a punch in the gut for me.

I purchased the eBay stealth guide and read through it. Wow. A lot of information to take in. Okay. I've purchased an IP from IP Burger - 1 year subscription. I also have a new, fresh windows install laptop that I plan on possibly using exclusively for stealth. This is as far as I've made it. I have so many questions - and don't worry, I'm not going to put them all here. I plan on reading through the guide again, probably several more times.

I feel like I'm at an AA meeting, or some kind of support group right now and this is just me introducing myself and telling my story. This is my first step to try to get back on track.

I've lurked on the forum for a while now, reading people's stories similar to mine. It's just so much info, I don't even know where to begin.

Thank you for reading this far into my sob-story. I'm sure the group gets them all the time. I do have some quick questions that hopefully will get me pointed in the right direction.

- I am seeing advertisements for aged ebay/paypal accounts. I like this idea because it seems to simplify things and I don't mind shelling out a little cash to get back on track - I've got plenty of stock sitting here ready to go. My big question here is, How do I avoid another ban with an account that doesn't match my location? I don't have a friend or family member or neighbor that will let me create an account on their behalf. Sorry if my questions suck. Like I said before, I need to read through the guide some more.

- Secondly, I'm wondering if anyone on here sells the service of trying to get my listings un-restricted from their current category restriction. Is this a possibility? It seems like the most straight forward approach, but also seems too-good-to-be-true.

After reading through the forum, I'm surprised I wasn't permanently banned. Wondering if still having my aged account could be leveraged in some way.

Thanks everyone for all your support. Looking forward to learning through the community. Any sage wisdom would be appreciated. I did all my eBay work quietly and don't really have any friends/co-workers/family I can talk about this with. Aspkin is my new family it looks like.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-17-2019

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 29%
Send a message via Skype™ to bman707
Default Re: New to Forum - Overwhelmed - Looking for a little Support

If I was you I would buy a few accounts so you can jump back into it quicker while your items are still selling good on eBay you should also start a few yourself but your in good hand here just use IPBurger and a new user account for each eBay and PayPal combo and sell slow in the beginning the key to staying under the radar is spreading your sales over multiple accounts and let them grow and age into strong accounts.
Old 04-17-2019

Longevity: 34%

I would take things very slow and be smart. One wrong move could get your main account fully banned. Your biggest issue I think will be the banking side. Paypal stealth is getting harder and harder.
Old 04-17-2019

Longevity: 60%

Why did they restrict you from selling in that category? Are your items legit? And did you provide legit invoices/receipts?